Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129434 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #930 on: January 14, 2022, 03:48:58 PM »
Well the breeziness puzzle effectively ended my run…

Rosetteers needed thirty common words to earn their keep today and doxydaisy, rogue_mother and Roddles all achieved that distinction. Well done one and all! 👏👏👏

Rosettenears will have been kicking themselves over their failed ambitions, yet still should be proud of their (near) achievement – those in this category were 2dognight, dragonman and Maudland…  :-R :-R :-R

We look to be doing things by threes today because those falling two short were Jancsika, myself and ozzyjune. For what it’s worth, my omissions were BENZINE and SISSIES…

Just to break that pattern, ozzyjack was by himself on twenty six common words found. vizal and yelnats found twenty four while auntiemo found twenty one. RL managed thirteen commons and that completes the accomplishments of our little assemblage.

Mavenhood was difficult to achieve with just dragonman and rogue_mother managing that feat… 👏👏👏

Oh, and I now know what the offspring of a male horse and a female zebra is called... (The wonders of Chi...)  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 03:55:23 PM by ridethetalk »
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: January 15, 2022, 10:59:52 AM »
Basking in my rosetteer status, because if things don't change in the next couple of hours, I will be diminutive tomorrow, not even a rosettenear.

The last common word I got was benzene. It was just a wild guess, thinking that maybe, just maybe, benzine might have an alternate spelling. My almost last word was sissies.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #932 on: January 15, 2022, 04:13:39 PM »
Another tough one today with only three rosetteers amongst our number: auntiemo, Roddles and doxydaisy found all fifty eight common words – well done!!! 👏👏👏

I couldn’t see any rosettenears but there were three shrinking violets in yelnats, rogue_mother and dragonman all discovering that finding fifty six common words is just two short…

ozzyjune and Maudland were next on fifty five followed by Jancsika on fifty two. vizal and I were one further back – my attempt at a rosette was GELDED by my inability to see BLUEBELL and BLURB. I almost BLUBBERED at how DELUDED I was in thinking I could get a rosette, considering that DUELED also ELUDED me… Really, I should have done better!!!

I couldn’t find either of the two ozzy boys on the scoreboard nor could I find 2dognight or RL. ☹

Mavens were headed up by rogue_mother (of course) with doxydaisy, dragonman, yelnats, Roddles, me, ozzyjune and auntiemo all managing this achievement. 👏👏👏
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: January 15, 2022, 04:24:58 PM »
My last 2 were BLURB and BLUEBELL !
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: January 15, 2022, 05:38:15 PM »
I couldn’t find either of the two Ozzy boys on the scoreboard.

Guilty as charged.  I suspect Andrew had a lot of work to do when he got back to Canberra after spending a month up here.

Much as I love Chi, I have mentioned before that I am a slow player and so when they are over 40 words to get, it takes me an age.  I decided about 6 months ago the only game I would play is the 7bymany as I need more time in the day to do other things, including spending some time on the forum.  So I have decided to give the games with over 40 words to play a miss.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 05:40:08 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: January 15, 2022, 08:47:11 PM »
BLUBBERED ELUDED me too!

You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: January 16, 2022, 12:52:28 AM »
Alas, I did not see the blurb about the belle.

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: January 16, 2022, 07:54:20 AM »
Much like Jack, I have pretty much forsaken all other forms of the game for the 7bymany, but lose enthusiasm when the word count gets above 45, and very much so when it is a big count dominated by ING endings.

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #938 on: January 16, 2022, 09:38:04 AM »
Missed bluebell and blurb. I think brain fatigue sets in with a high number game.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #939 on: January 16, 2022, 03:26:40 PM »
2dognight led out the rosetteers today followed closely by dragonman, doxydaisy, ozzyjune, Roddles and ozzyjack– well done all on finding the requisite thirty one common words… auntiemo was our sole rosettenear – I wonder what word was the stickler for you???

Nobody wanted to be two short today but rogue_mother, blackrockrose and Maudland were one further back. I was next on twenty six and I was joined there by yelnats. Jancsika scored a quarter ton while ozzymAndias and vizal found twenty two. i missed my rosette because I was paying too much attention to the DAIRYMAID who had decided to REDYE the YARDARM but, inadvertently, she also REDYED the EYRIE…

Mavens were fairly plentiful today with dragonman, auntiemo, doxydaisy, rogue_mother, ozzyjack, 2dognight and blackrockrose all exceeding the answer to life, the universe and everything – congratulations one and all…

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: January 16, 2022, 05:45:46 PM »
I went over and over my words...it had to be something "easy" that I was missing. Just one word...so many others have rosettes...etc.,etc.
And yes it was something easy....I missed REDYE....I had REDYED.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #941 on: January 16, 2022, 10:27:14 PM »
I went over and over my words...it had to be something "easy" that I was missing. Just one word...so many others have rosettes...etc.,etc.

Enough to give you redeyes from crying... 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 12:50:21 AM by ridethetalk »

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: January 16, 2022, 11:59:14 PM »
It was a dreary view from my eyrie on the yardarm.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: January 17, 2022, 08:52:01 AM »

I had REDYE but not REDYED 😳 Also was too busy daydreaming to spot the last two …

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #944 on: January 17, 2022, 03:20:32 PM »
Another low word count puzzle, this time needing only twenty common words to earn yourself a rosette! Even so, I still failed though if I’d had help from my NIECE things may have been different…

Rosetteers were headed up by blackrockrose who I noticed finished VERY early. She was joined in her rosetteerness by doxydaisy, auntiemo, dragonman, rogue_mother, ozzyjune, Maudland and ozzyjack. Well done everyone!!! 👏👏👏

There were also a handful of rosettenears who didn’t quite ring the bell – they were 2dognight, Jancsika, yelnats, Roddles and myself. No cigar but my NIECE is better off not smoking… 😒

Next came vizal on sweet sixteen and, not to be outdone, ozzymAndias also managed sixteen! That was the extent of scores from our coterie. Maven scores were difficult to attain with only rogue_mother (naturally) and ozzyjack scoring more than the thirty two words necessary to join that exclusive club today…