Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129524 times)

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #915 on: January 11, 2022, 05:19:39 PM »
Might be just me, but  FILLIP.... is that real?

One of the first I got, and I got a fillip.

Fulfil/l was about my last and I didn't know it was spelled differently in USA.

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 11, 2022, 06:40:44 PM »
Might be just me, but  FILLIP.... is that real?
Fulfil/l was about my last and I didn't know it was spelled differently in USA.

The fact that these were the two lowest scoring common words seems to imply that a lot of people played one but not the other.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #917 on: January 11, 2022, 10:08:53 PM »
Sure is, finding that one gave me one...  ;D ;D ;D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 12, 2022, 05:26:27 AM »
I failed to FULFIL even though I did FULFILL my aim to get a Maven.
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: January 12, 2022, 07:57:03 AM »
You wouldn't believe who got FLUFFY and FLUFFILY (rare) but didn't get FLUFF.
Regards, Jack

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 12, 2022, 09:16:02 AM »
I got fillip almost right away and fulfil not too long after that, just a short click after finding fulfill. I try to stay always conscious of the l/ll duality. The last word I found for my rosette was futility, which I found only after identifying utility just prior.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #921 on: January 12, 2022, 03:18:57 PM »
No lack of rosettes today with 2dognight, yelnats, auntiemo, rogue_mother, Roddles, dragonman, ozzyjune, Maudland and myself all becoming rosetteers – my last two words were POPCORN and RANCOR. I really should have got popcorn earlier but I normally spell rancour with a ‘u’ so I’m not surprised it was my last find. Congrats to everyone who found all twenty one common words!!!

We also had two rosettenears in doxydaisy and ozzyjack. Close but no cigar… 😉😉😉 Next was HJ (Jancsika) shrinking into the background and becoming two short on nineteen. Rounding out our coterie were ozzymAndias and vizal who uncovered eighteen commons.

Mavens were more difficult to achieve with doxydaisy, dragonman, 2dognight and rogue_mother achieving this benchmark. Nicely done, you guys and girls…
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 13, 2022, 01:10:59 AM »
I probably should have found MACRO. I don't think I'd have ever found COPRA though.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #923 on: January 13, 2022, 01:17:23 AM »
I probably should have found MACRO. I don't think I'd have ever found COPRA though.

You'll get it in future though, won't you...  ;D ;D ;D

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 13, 2022, 08:52:10 AM »
Rancor was the last common word I found, preceded by copra.

JH, I used to not find copra, but after I missed it enough times, it finally started revealing itself to me.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #925 on: January 13, 2022, 03:44:58 PM »
Woo hoo!!! Needless to say, I got a rosette! Let’s launch into today’s round-up of scores in the 7bm…

Rosetteers were fairly plentiful today with 2dognight leading us out. Joining her were myself, auntiemo, Jancsika, ozzyjune and ozzyjack – I expect there were more than one of us who also featured yesterday and so, technically, are on a run now… Well done everyone!!! 👏👏👏

We also had a number of people who just missed out on a rosette but managed to be rosettenears instead: doxydaisy, rogue_mother, Roddles and Maudland all fit that bill – bad luck but a worthy effort nonetheless to find thirty six common words…

dragonman was solitary in the two short category on thirty five while yelnats and vizal were two further back. RL got back onto the scoreboard with a creditable twenty three while ozzymAndias wasn’t up to his usual standard (he mustn’t have spent much time on this one) as he only managed twenty two – either that or ozzyjack had him too busy unravelling rebuses to be able to find common words!

Mavens included dragonman, rogue_mother, doxydaisy and myself (though I only just squeaked it in!) 👏👏👏

My final two common words were GENRE and EVENSONG - obviously I'm not familiar enough with vespers for that last one to be front of mind. If it had been VESPA on the other hand... ;)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 13, 2022, 08:04:56 PM »
GENRE was my last word.too In fact with one word to go, I was on the cusp of getting a "perfect" score (no rare words, no mistakes), but then NEGRO, GROOVER and VERGER got in the way...

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #927 on: January 13, 2022, 11:15:23 PM »
GENRE was my last word.too In fact with one word to go, I was on the cusp of getting a "perfect" score (no rare words, no mistakes), but then NEGRO, GROOVER and VERGER got in the way...

Dang!!! BTW. Genre was my second last; evensong was my last...

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 14, 2022, 03:08:38 AM »
Evensong would have been my last common word, if only I had found it. Roger was the last one I found; genre was the first or second.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 14, 2022, 09:06:35 AM »
I missed EVENSONG. Thus endeth the run.