Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130551 times)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #900 on: January 09, 2022, 04:45:32 PM »
To whom it may concern,

The practice of rendering of abbreviations into to their phonetic form has once again cost me rosette.

Yours sincerely
Aitchjay

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #901 on: January 09, 2022, 05:21:40 PM »
To whom it may concern,

The practice of rendering of abbreviations into to their phonetic form has once again cost me rosette.

Yours sincerely
Aitchjay

Doh!
JayKay
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #902 on: January 09, 2022, 05:26:00 PM »
After my previous SUCCESSES, I am feeling SULLEN from having missed SULLENNESS...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 10, 2022, 08:44:56 AM »
auntiemo, I would typically miss 'smell' and get the much more difficult words but on this occasion I missed succulence so I didn't have a doh moment this time.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #904 on: January 10, 2022, 09:37:37 AM »
I would really appreciate it if somebody could please explain how this happens!

You need to get a PCR test - you've lost your sense of smell...  :-R :-R :-R

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: January 10, 2022, 01:14:06 PM »
As it happens, the abbreviation mentioned by aitchkay was the last common word I found for my rosette. I usually miss it, so I'm not quite sure why it jumped out at me this time. The brain works so randomly.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #906 on: January 10, 2022, 03:20:10 PM »
I didn’t do too well today… Suffice it to say, it would take too long to recount all my word failures!

Others went better and they included rosetteers: Roddles, Maudland and ozzyjune. Well done the three of you in discovering all forty nine common words. Rosettenears were slightly more plentiful with yelnats, rogue_mother, doxydaisy and ozzyjack – good efforts all round.

dragonman and Jancsika were next at three off the pace while vizal found the answer to life, the universe and everything!!! I was next on thirty nine – missing my self-imposed target of getting into single figures and, looking at the words I missed, I really should have done better…

Rounding out our troupe of wordsmiths were auntiemo and ozzymAndias who scored thirty eight.

I again failed to find RL who may be on holidays…

Mavens were rare with rogue_mother, doxydaisy and dragonman the only ones flying the flag for us today.

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #907 on: January 10, 2022, 03:29:07 PM »
FINNY! I think finis may be more common!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: January 11, 2022, 05:36:42 AM »
The lack of a rosette for this puzzle is infringing on my streak.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 11, 2022, 06:32:43 AM »
Infringing saw me undone also. Let's see if we can start another streak!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 09:34:01 AM by doxydaisy »

RL

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: January 11, 2022, 02:07:01 PM »
No RTT not on holidays, just getting into 7bm, and don't always have time, do play the standard and challenge most days
though lisa

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #911 on: January 11, 2022, 02:18:35 PM »
I'll keep a lookout for your return then Lisa...  :angel:

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #912 on: January 11, 2022, 03:08:51 PM »
Today's synthesis follows:

At twenty common words to earn a rosette, I found this one quite challenging and my hit rate went to hell in a handbasket – this may be appropriate given it was the PITIFULLY game! (Upside: I did get a maven!) Having said that, we had more than a handful of rosetteers today in yelnats, Jancsika, rogue_mother, doxydaisy, Roddles, ozzyjune and Maudland – congrats to all of you!!! 👏👏👏

We also had quite a few rosettenears in the form of auntiemo, 2dognight, dragonman and ozzyjack – well done as well…   8) 8) 8)

vizal and myself were two short entitling us to the infinitesimal award while ozzymAndias was two further back on sweet sixteen commons. By missing FULFILL I failed to FULFIL my desire to get all the common words!!!  :-R :-R :-R

dragonman and doxydaisy cracked it for champion while auntiemo, rogue_mother, 2dognight, Roddles, ozzyjack, Maudland, ozzymAndias, vizal, ozzyjune, myself and yelnats all made it into maven territory…

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #913 on: January 11, 2022, 04:00:07 PM »
dragonman and doxydaisy cracked it for champion...

Cham is not short for "champion". See What is a cham? on the Questions and Answers page.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: January 11, 2022, 04:48:14 PM »
Might be just me, but  FILLIP.... is that real?
Redlands , Queensland, Australia