Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129403 times)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #870 on: January 07, 2022, 03:06:06 AM »
I need to make a beeline to the observation deck. Maybe I can spot more words from there!
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 07, 2022, 05:06:25 AM »
Wow, there’s a feast of rosettes tonight! Fingers crossed!

I’m mad that I missed LOONIER yesterday …

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 07, 2022, 05:47:48 AM »
Yes Maudland it's the most rosettes I've seen and I think it must be a record for the 7bm puzzle.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 07, 2022, 09:18:53 AM »
Ooh yes, surely must be? If only we had someone who could tell us … 🤔

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #874 on: January 07, 2022, 01:48:16 PM »
The previous record for most rosettes in a 7BM was the EXCAVATED puzzle of 12 October 2021, yielding 64 rosettes.

So far the current puzzle has 67, so you're right, doxydaisy and Maudland.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #875 on: January 07, 2022, 03:48:46 PM »
Ridethetalk has been unable to access the forum using his computer today, and I was unable to help him sort things out. So there may be no 7bm summary from him today - or maybe he's laboriously writing it up on his phone at this very moment.
Alan Walker

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 07, 2022, 03:49:49 PM »
Looks like everyone in the club got a rosette. Might be a first time for this as well!

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #877 on: January 07, 2022, 03:55:17 PM »
No, not me (vizal), though I was sorely tempted when RTT sent me screenshots of his Chi screen. But I resisted.
Alan Walker

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #878 on: January 07, 2022, 04:08:49 PM »
My ISP's suggestion was to shut my router down for 2 hours to obtain a new IP address - this seems to have done the trick but I'm a bit disappointed that the "tech support" was little more than "turn it off and turn it back on again" with a long delay between the two...

Sorry for tempting you Alan - I'll try to remember in future.  :-R :-R :-R  I'll get stuck into the 7bm now...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #879 on: January 07, 2022, 04:33:07 PM »
OK, here's today's

With twenty one common words required, it would seem that it will be easier to say who didn’t get a rosette in this one but, in fairness to the efforts of everyone involved, here goes: rosetteers for today were ozzyjune, auntiemo, blackrockrose, doxydaisy, ozzyjack, yelnats, dragonman, Jancsika, rogue_mother, Maudland, ozzymAndias and myself – this was (as previously posted by Alan) a record number of rosettes for the 7bm but this doesn’t detract from the achievements of all those who managed it…

2dognight was our sole rosettenear amongst our group (so close and yet so far!) but RL was smaller than before by being two short on nineteen commons whilst vizal (distracted by my IT issues) managed fifteen.

Perhaps of greater interest to me was the fact that dragonman and rogue_mother achieved CHAMPION status with a total of forty words!!!

Mavens were plentiful as well with 2dognight, myself, ozzymAndias, auntiemo, ozzyjune, Roddles, blackrockrose, ozzyjack, Maudland, yelnats, doxydaisy, Jancsika and Roddles all managing to acquire the minimum twenty seven word total for this level of achievement! 
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 07, 2022, 04:56:50 PM »
This was the first time I've ever knowningly got a maven. As you know,  I normally try to get rosette without any rare words, so I don't know if this is good or bad  ;D

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 08, 2022, 02:31:33 AM »
We should be gentle when we pat each other on the back for our achievements so as not to injure ourselves, since there are so many to go around! Good job, all.

The statistics page says that I make cham in the 7bm once a year or less, so apparently I have this year taken care of early on, lol. When I saw that I was close, my hit rate took a nosedive as I tried to reach that goal. The last common word I found was pagan, and the last uncommon word I found was pavin.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 08, 2022, 04:01:26 AM »
PAGAN was the last word I found as well. In fact my 'maven' came about largely in pursuit of the elusive last word. I noticed that of the 4 least found common words, 3 did not end in -ING. I think that when I, N and G are in the mix people tend to concentrate on -ING words, to the detriment of the others.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 08, 2022, 04:36:17 AM »
I reckon that’s true - and my maven came about the same way as yours. PANAMA was my last one …

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #884 on: January 08, 2022, 10:23:58 AM »
I reckon that’s true - and my maven came about the same way as yours. PANAMA was my last one …

As was mine and my second last was PAGAN - I guess that means I'm common not rare!!!  ;D ;D ;D (Though I do consider my name to be popular not common so maybe I'm amongst the popular people...)  :P :P :P