Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130683 times)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #825 on: December 31, 2021, 09:57:46 PM »
Jancsika (who also managed his difficult task of having no rare words amongst them!),

Yes and no mistakes either. It's only the second time it ever happened so I'm quite chuffed! Like yourself "CONCISION" was the last word I found. Indeed I was slightly hesitant to put it in, in case it was "rare " (I don't think I'd ever use it, and would consider "conciseness" as being more usual) but I played it anyway and the gamble payed off..

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 01, 2022, 02:12:22 AM »
I got concision fairly early on. The last common that I found was unison. And the less said about my hit rate, the better lol!

I hope RL will stick with us. This puzzle format takes some getting used to, but I find it liberating. So many times when I play the other puzzles, I have said, "If only I had another O (or S, or C, or whatever)."
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 03:28:44 AM by rogue_mother »
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 01, 2022, 02:20:50 AM »
Perhaps because we’re having a mild spell in the UK, I forgot to pack my SNOOD 😐

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 01, 2022, 02:21:59 AM »
Congratulations to all the rosetteers!

RL

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 01, 2022, 10:07:46 AM »
Yes RM i'm going to stick with it, and now that Alan is changing the format it will be easier for me,
you have been my inspiration since I first started playing chi ,it's always my ambition to catch you but that very seldom happens,when Roger plays too we always say " where's Mum?
lisa"

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #830 on: January 01, 2022, 03:15:56 PM »
Welcome to 2022 everyone (at least here in Australia!) and we’re already seeing some amazing efforts from people here in the 7bm club – Les, I’m sure, would be proud!!! 💕💕💕

Kicking us off in the rosetteers is doxydaisy, followed by yelnats, 2dognight, ozzyjune, auntiemo, rogue_mother and Roddles – kudos to you all… Rosettenears also featured strongly with Jancsika, dragonman, Maudland, ozzymAndias and myself – that makes a total of twelve rosetteers/rosettenears!!! I obviously haven’t been doing any tailoring recently because I missed getting CALICO.

blackrockrose was all on her own in being two short on an even twenty common words while ozzyjack and vizal were both on nineteen words. RL made a strong comeback on eighteen and looks to have swallowed the 7bm bug whole… 😂😂😂

rogue_mother, dragonman and 2dognight all managed to achieve maven status as well as their rosetteer/rosettenear bragging rights…
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 01, 2022, 11:52:02 PM »
And a happy new year to you and to the rest of the crew. After the seasonal excesses I've resolved to reduce my caloric / calorific intake...

Actually CALORIC was my undoing. Apparently it means the same as CALORIFIC, but the latter is more common in the UK whereas the former is more common in the US. That's my excuse anyway!

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 02, 2022, 03:07:59 AM »
Chi has been a great comfort to me through 2021, as well as an engaging challenge. And the forum is part of that - I’ve even started contributing more than twice a year! Long may it continue! Thanks to all for this, and wishing you a new and improved year.

CALORIC was my downfall too, Jancsika, which sounds about right 😋

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 02, 2022, 04:26:52 AM »
[quote

CALORIC was my downfall too, Jancsika, which sounds about right 😋

Amen to that  ;D
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 02, 2022, 04:45:51 AM »
Naturally I was very happy to be both a rosetteer and a maven today. Neither caloric nor calorific gave me much trouble, as I got both of them early on. The common that took me longest to find was cocoa.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 02, 2022, 07:50:51 AM »
I was the complete opposite to you rogue_mother. Cocoa was one of my first words and caloric took me the longest to find.

A great big HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone! May it bring joy, peace, happiness and most of all health! And to dragonman and me lots of financial gain ;D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 02, 2022, 08:12:16 AM »
I missed corral, folio and official

I knew from an early word count with Andrew that I was missing an "O" after Offal and I still missed it.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #837 on: January 02, 2022, 03:21:09 PM »
ozzyjune pulled out all stops today to take out our sole rosette – well done you!!! Four of us ended up as rosettenears with forty three commons found – they were doxydaisy, yelnats, Maudland and Roddles. Close, so very close…

Those vying for the diminutive award at two short were rogue_mother and ozzyjack whilst dragonman was one further back on forty. I scored thirty nine while auntiemo and ozzymAndias racked up thirty eight commons.

blackrockrose managed thirty six and 2dognight found thirty. vizal came in at twenty five and RL twenty four.

My oversights were ANNOTATION, INTONATION, NARRATION, ORATORIO and the third common word using all the letters: TOTALITARIAN – missing that probably means I ain’t one… 😉

rogue_mother was our stand-out maven today – your command of the English language astounds!!!
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #838 on: January 02, 2022, 03:50:23 PM »
doxydaisy and blackrockrose are on fire today…  :-P :-P :-P

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 02, 2022, 06:21:39 PM »
Attain, attrition, lanolin, littoral, narration and TRAIT....but I had traitor. Sometimes you just don't see it!!!!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia