Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 131091 times)

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #810 on: December 29, 2021, 01:44:52 PM »
I missed just outpoint and pinpoint too, R-M.

Great minds think alike – or fail to.

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #811 on: December 29, 2021, 01:47:20 PM »
Ozzyjack, I see you're way ahead of Ozzyjune and Ozzymandias in today's puzzle, so far.

Is the sky falling in?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 01:49:14 PM by blackrockrose »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: December 29, 2021, 03:21:46 PM »
Hi Moyra,  June and I were on 9 to go mid morning when we compared the words we had by the number of other people who had them.  This generally identifies the position of the words you are missing..   I stayed home while they went shopping. After they got home, June caught up when we both had one word to go.  We knew the words were adjacent but mine was an easy word and hers was more difficult.  Andrew was busy on other tasks. 

I can now reveal we were both looking for a word between bearer and blare.  I got blabber before she got besmear.

As you pointed out, it is a rare occurrence.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #813 on: December 29, 2021, 06:31:10 PM »
Been out walking in the Victorian high country.

As you will all be aware, the ozzy's jack and june were our only rosetteers today. Kudos to them both.

doxydaisy was our sole rosettenear and blackrockrose our sole two shorter on fifty three (apparently this isn't so, Maudland was our sole two shorter - blackrockrose was our sole person three off the pace! My apologies to both of you - I'll claim squinting at a mobile screen in defence...). There were a clutch of people on fifty two: yelnats, Jancsika, rogue_mother and Roddles.

ozzymAndias on fifty one then dragonman on forty seven. vizal and auntiemo on forty six and lastly came my own good self having not had much of a run at it (though today was probably a good day for that) on a paltry thirty four...

It's too much looking for mavens, I'll leave that for someone else to report on...

Reporting from a lookout at Mount Buffalo
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 03:37:49 PM by ridethetalk »
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: December 30, 2021, 02:07:42 AM »
I was two short too, John - even SMALLER than usual - maybe that’s why you didn’t spot me!

Congratulations to RM, doxydaisy, Jack, and ozzymAndias for their stonking maven scores - kings and queens of the Chi REALM!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: December 30, 2021, 03:42:35 AM »
I didn't just fall short; I fell flat on my face, missing barbell, besmear, reassess and reassesses.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #816 on: December 30, 2021, 04:06:34 PM »
Back on the 'puter now - got home just as the 7bm ticked over - it's currently 32°C in beautiful downtown Melbourne...

Don't be so down on yourself r_m, I had 22 words outstanding!!! That in ITSELF wasn't so bad, if I truly FESSES [sic] up, I didn't give it much of a go - too busy enjoying sights like the one I've attached to yesterday's post...

Well, today's 7bm saw three of us in the rosetteer club; Maudland, ozzyjune and ozzyjack - well done to all of you...  ;D

dragonman and rogue_mother took out spots in the rosettenears and should also be congratulated. Jancsika, auntiemo, myself and blackrockrose have a bit of growing to do as we were all two short!  :-P :-P :-P

yelnats, doxydaisy and Roddles came next on thirty one common words and three off the pace; 2dognight was next on thirty then vizal and ozzymAndias a further two back. RL managed a creditable twenty words as they start to get their collective heads around the 7bm...

Mavens included doxydaisy, rogue_mother, auntiemo, dragonman, ozzyjune, ozzyjack, Maudland and blackrockrose - whilst plentiful amongst our crew, nonetheless a mighty achievement... (Alan, we need a congratulatory emoticon!)
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: December 30, 2021, 05:17:22 PM »
Effetely and fleetly.....
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #818 on: December 30, 2021, 06:44:49 PM »
Effetely and fleetly.....

So, you had effete and fleet... Nuff sed... :-R :-R :-R

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #819 on: December 30, 2021, 07:11:09 PM »
Leftist and testifies (but I had testify)!!!!

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 30, 2021, 08:01:15 PM »
Effetely .. fleetest .. stiffest. Couldn't see the woods for the trees in that puzzle. Onward and upward!

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 30, 2021, 09:08:13 PM »
LEFTIES....but I had it surrounded.
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 31, 2021, 07:09:20 AM »
FILET and FLEETLY (I found FILLET and FLEET though).

Interestingly, more people found FEISTILY (rare) than LIFESTYLE (common).

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #823 on: December 31, 2021, 09:31:26 AM »
Interestingly, more people found FEISTILY (rare) than LIFESTYLE (common).

I was quite surprised that feistily was rare (and I got it before I got lifestyle...) - it's really interesting (infuriating) how blind spots deny us the final few words...

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #824 on: December 31, 2021, 03:15:30 PM »
Well, I’m a happy vegemite (even though, as an import, I never got a taste for it!) having managed to get all twenty three common words in a challenging game. My last word found was, surprise, surprise, CONCISION. This was the lowest scoring common word by play – it would be interesting to hear whether others got this last as well or had it as one of their missing words.

Rosetteers were, drum roll, ME (!!! – it doesn’t happen often), rogue_mother, Jancsika (who also managed his difficult task of having no rare words amongst them!), Roddles, ozzymAndias, ozzyjune and ozzyjack – it was a tough, low scoring puzzle but we got there…

Rosettenears consisted of auntiemo, doxydaisy, Maudland and dragonman – really close but no cigar!  ;) ;) ;) Next was blackrockrose on twenty one then 2dognight and yelnats on twenty. I seem to recall whisky being mentioned a week or so ago and he tipped the scales at eighteen followed closely by vizal on seventeen.

RL (Roger& Lisa) managed only single figures today on eight but, considering the difficulty, it’s surprising they tried this one at all!!!

No mavens were spotted amongst our number but the epithet above applies to this as well…

I'm looking forward to the new, improved 7bm and wish to once again thank Alan for all his efforts on our behalf.