Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129387 times)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #765 on: December 21, 2021, 01:09:12 AM »
At least with SYSTOLE I had the excuse of not knowing the word. With SLEETY, not so much...

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 21, 2021, 07:49:57 AM »
Didn't feel so bad to miss by one when I saw it was systole. Although I know the word in the deep recesses of my mind, it is systolic that is common to me.  Would question the status of systole.

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 21, 2021, 06:42:53 PM »
CURARE, RECUR and TERRACE, fair enough, but I don't recall ever having seen AFTEREFFECT written as a single word. Anyone else?

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #768 on: December 21, 2021, 07:20:39 PM »
AFTERCARE I needed to ACTUATE my CAREFREE mode...

ozzy, ozzy, ozzy (again...), ozzyjune, ozzymAndias and ozzyjack were our trio of rosetteers; do I detect some modicum of collusion??? Not that I would in any way cast nasturtiums in your collective direction...  ;) ;) ;) Nice collection of fifty ones to you all...

Our trio of rosettenears were 2dognight, dragonman and doxydaisy - well done to both rosetteers and rosettenears; what a great effort!!!

Not wanting a reduction in height, I avoided being two short and, instead, opted for three - I was joined there by Maudland. Jancsika and rogue_mother were one further back followed closely by Roddles on forty six.

vizal scored forty words even; auntiemo thirty nine and yet again I failed to locate blackrockrose on the scoreboard - being too distracted again one presumes...

rogue_mother, doxydaisy, ozzyjack, ozzymAndias, 2dognight, dragonman, myself and ozzyjune all made it into maven territory.

The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #769 on: December 22, 2021, 03:43:46 PM »
Well, today's was a doozy! Suffice it to say we only had two rosetteers - congrats to ozzyjune (a regular here - 3? in a row???) and Maudland. Fifty six common words would have done it...

Big gap to fifty with dragonman, rogue_mother, myself, auntiemo and ozzyjack all clustered at the half-ton - I missed MOTTOES, OPUSES, POETESSES (I was rather chuffed when I got poetess but couldn't go one step further...), POMPOUS, SUTTEE and TOSSUP. Jancsika was one further back, yelnats one behind him and Roddles one behind him.

vizal had the answer to life, the universe and everything and ozzymAndias failed to get the 'answer' by one. :(

Still no sign of blackrockrose - come back Rosetta, wee miss you...

Mavens were impossible to get from our crew - not even Rogue_mother could must up the required eighty four words to achieve that lofty status...

The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 23, 2021, 04:10:04 AM »
Perhaps the less said about yesterday's puzzle, the better, but here goes anyway. I missed poetess, poetesses, smote (!), tempest (after finding tempestuous), topmost (after finding outmost, upmost, and utmost, duh), and tossup. I definitely smote my head after seeing the solution.  My performance on the upcoming puzzles may suffer similarly as I become increasingly distracted by Christmas preparations.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 23, 2021, 12:34:20 PM »
Struggling to get near a rosette with today’s puzzle!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #772 on: December 23, 2021, 01:32:41 PM »
Struggling to get near a rosette with today’s puzzle!

Being two behind you, that's just what I want to hear...  :-P :-P :-P

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #773 on: December 23, 2021, 01:34:25 PM »
Didn't feel so bad to miss by one when I saw it was systole. Although I know the word in the deep recesses of my mind, it is systolic that is common to me.  Would question the status of systole.

I'd back you up on that Rod...

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #774 on: December 23, 2021, 03:16:41 PM »
PRIOR to taking my KOPEK to the KIOSK at the ROOKERIES, I needed to see the PRIORESS in charge of the local PRIORIES - needless to say, I fell six words short of the requisite forty nine common words in today's 7bm...

Only two rosetteers in our bunch, those being ozzyjack and ozzyjune - well done both of you but especially you, Jack, for your mavenhood!!!

We had three rosettenears being doxydaisy, dragonman and rogue_mother who all managed maven status while yelnats and Maudland (at least you moved up the table in the last hour!) were just two short. ozzymAndias was next on forty five; Roddles managed forty four; 2dognight and I managed forty three - six off the pace.

Jancsika had the answer, that being forty two, followed closely by auntiemo and then vizal with forty one and forty respectively.

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 23, 2021, 03:36:19 PM »
I probably should've had an espresso to give my brain a jump start ;D

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 23, 2021, 05:44:19 PM »
I must not be concentrating well enough. I had prioress but not priories, propose but missed proposer, I also totally missed oppress, oppresses and oppressor. I can excuse myself for kookier and kopek... but I should have found spoor.
I love seeing which words other players have missed.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 23, 2021, 10:05:38 PM »
Possessor would have allowed me  to possess a rosette.
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 24, 2021, 03:55:27 AM »

I love seeing which words other players have missed.

I wasn't going to list all my omissions this time for fear of wearing out my typing fingers but since you asked so nicely:

KOPEK, PORKER, PRIOR, PRIORESS, PRIORIES, ROOKERIES and SORER.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 24, 2021, 07:32:40 AM »
Congratulations on your rosettes, ozzies Jack and June!

Like doxydaisy, I needed some espresso.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area