Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129495 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #750 on: December 19, 2021, 02:00:24 PM »
I missed letter. Like you jancsika I'm a bit annoyed as I could've sworn I played it so I was looking for another word entirely. This has happened so many times before when I'm sure I played the missing word only to find I haven't when the solution is revealed.. damn! Congrats to all the rosetteers!

That has happened to me so often!

I've found that, if you play all the Chi games available on any particular day, some words can be common to more than one game. So, if you've played a word in one game your brain can say "Oh, I've already played that." and you miss playing it again!!! Leads to many a Doh! moment...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #751 on: December 19, 2021, 03:16:08 PM »
Well today there may have been many a PAEAN in ANYPLACE that managed to find APPAL, thereby completing all the common words for a score of thirty three!

Rosetteers were doxydaisy, dragonman, ozzyjune and ozzyjack - well done all of you!!! Rosettenears were sadly lacking but Roddles and Maudland were both two short. Buy my book, how to be three inches taller - and stand on it! ;) ;) ;)

yelnats, Jancsika, rogue_mother and myself were next on thirty with auntiemo and vizal on twenty nine. blackrockrose came in on twenty seven (and, like me, didn't manage to see the seed word!) - this was IMHO a tough one...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 19, 2021, 11:38:41 PM »
I managed to pick up only one of the commons that I was missing last night, but still failed to find papacy, papaya and payee. I had a good night's sleep, so fingers crossed that I'll be back up to snuff today.

Doxydaisy, in the experience of my extended family, your reaction to the booster will likely be similar to your reaction to the second shot. I knew that I would probably be hit hard, so I scheduled my booster for the day before I had an empty schedule. My sister and daughters all agree: if the vaccine makes us feel this bad, imagine what COVID-19 would do! Based on my age bracket, there was no question in my mind that I needed to do this. I get similar reactions to my annual flu shot, and that never stops me.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 20, 2021, 01:32:48 AM »
I was fine after my first two Astra Zeneca shots but the night after my Moderna booster I woke with feverish shivers one minute and then feeling too hot the next.  Had a good lie in and was back to normal the next day.  Well worth one night of discomfort!

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: December 20, 2021, 02:51:00 AM »
[quote

I've found that, if you play all the Chi games available on any particular day, some words can be common to more than one game. So, if you've played a word in one game your brain can say "Oh, I've already played that." and you miss playing it again!!! Leads to many a Doh! moment...

Spot on. I play every game every day..happens a lot
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 20, 2021, 06:11:44 AM »
Thank you rogue_mother .. that is very reassuring. I don't have bad reactions to the normal flu shot except for a sore arm and my reaction to the first 2 pfizer shots are hardly worth mentioning so I think I should be ok with the booster. I should probably stop listening to all of the horror stories.

John and Dragonman - that makes perfect sense what you said about playing chi games a lot.. as I do. I would like to mention your impressive score of rosettes in the your puzzles section Gareth. It is extremely hard to keep up with you!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #756 on: December 20, 2021, 09:59:46 AM »
Anne, I'm off for my third vaccine this Wednesday - to my mind, it's just not worth the risk whatever the side effects. If you're unvaccinated, you will get covid and, having had two AZ shots, I'm as good as unvaccinated against omicron! I'll be getting either Pfizer or Moderna for my third shot. (I listen to Coronacast on the ABC Listen app almost religiously and Dr Norman Swan refers to the "booster" as the third shot in a three shot regimen...)

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 20, 2021, 11:57:31 AM »
i had my booster injection last week and luckily I had no reaction at all.

I think it all boils down to - just go and do it

John I had Pfizer cos is the only one I could get

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 20, 2021, 01:18:19 PM »
The only requirement to become an " official " member of the 7BMC is to make a post in this thread & of course everybody is invited to do so.
Although not a club member (yet ), 2dognight ( Carol ) must get a special mention as i think it has been quite some time since her last rosette?

Hi Carol,

By my reckoning, you are now a full member.  I have lost count of the number of rosettes you have got recently but I look forward to seeing your name in dispatches from now on.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #759 on: December 20, 2021, 02:33:24 PM »
Jack, should I add Andrew (ozzymAndias) to the list as well? At least temporarily???

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #760 on: December 20, 2021, 03:24:58 PM »
ozzy, ozzy, ozzy!!! Cricket lovers will know this as the crowd chant but I'm talking about rosetteers ozzyjack, ozzyjune and ozzymAndias who, together with dragonman achieved the full complement of forty six common words. Well done all of you!

Rosettenears were limited to Roddles alone - was SYSTOLE the word you missed???  ???

Two shorted were Jancsika (HJ) and yelnats on forty four while rogue_mother found the answer to life, the universe and everything but was still lacking four common words!!! Maudland got forty one words closely followed by vizal and myself - my omissions were LOLLY, LOLLYPOP, LOOSEST, POLYP, SLYEST and the aforementioned SYSTOLE.

auntiemo scored thirty eight and I failed to find blackrockrose so she's probably sunning herself on a beach somewhere!!!  :laugh:

Oh, and dragonman, rogue_mother (naturally) and ozzyjack all scored enough words in total to achieve maven status... Good work!

« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 04:02:18 PM by ridethetalk »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 20, 2021, 04:14:39 PM »
Jack, should I add Andrew (ozzymAndias) to the list as well? At least temporarily???

Andrew is not a forum member and so would not normally qualify even for honorary membership.  However, you are the club administrator and could use your discretion to make him a temporary honorary member if you deemed it would be of interest to the membership to see how the "ozzys" competed against each other.
Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 20, 2021, 04:48:38 PM »
No excuses...just lost interest after staring and shuffling...and shuffling and staring!!! On to today's 7bm.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #763 on: December 20, 2021, 04:56:02 PM »
Andrew is not a forum member and so would not normally qualify even for honorary membership.  However, you are the club administrator and could use your discretion to make him a temporary honorary member if you deemed it would be of interest to the membership to see how the "ozzys" competed against each other.

"club administrator" ROFL  ;D ;D ;D

I included him in today's dissertation because it suited my whimsy...

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: December 21, 2021, 12:46:36 AM »
No excuses...just lost interest after staring and shuffling...and shuffling and staring!!! On to today's 7bm.

Pretty much the same here, except for the losing interest part (although I have been there, lol). No matter how many shuffles, still not seeing it. I missed lollypop, slept, slyly and solely. Oddly enough, systole was one of the words I found first. That's just how my brain works, I suppose.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area