Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130447 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #720 on: December 15, 2021, 03:15:04 PM »
Today's rosetteers consisted of Jancsika, yelnats, dragonman, Roddles, Maudland and ozzyjack - well done all on delving all thirty common words...

Rosettenears comprised ozzyjune (why didn't you help her out Jack?), rogue_mother, vizal and myself (who missed somehow in getting that THIRTIETH word!!!) while doxydaisy was two short on twenty eight...

(I went to the 10-letter puzzle before coming back to the 7bm to write this so I shall trust these are correct.)

Mavens were scored by all of us bar Jancsika (HJ probably stopped looking for words once he scored the rosette!) - he was only three words short though!!! Well done everyone...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 15, 2021, 03:27:27 PM »
Mavens were scored by all of us bar Jancsika (HJ probably stopped looking for words once he scored the rosette!) - he was only three words short though!!! Well done everyone...
Actually, my self-imposed aim is always to get a rosette without any mistakes or any rare words. It's quite a challenge, and I've only ever achieved it once. In fact I did quite well yesterday, with only"reheel", "firth" and "lither" letting me down!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #722 on: December 15, 2021, 03:39:34 PM »
Actually, my self-imposed aim is always to get a rosette without any mistakes or any rare words. It's quite a challenge, and I've only ever achieved it once. In fact I did quite well yesterday, with only"reheel", "firth" and "lither" letting me down!

Now THAT's quite a challenge!!!  :-P :-P :-P

As for today's 7bm - all I can say is doxydaisy!!!
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 15, 2021, 03:42:07 PM »
My scores for Monday and Tuesday accurately reflect my level of distraction...again!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #724 on: December 15, 2021, 03:48:49 PM »
So sorry Madeleine, I missed seeing your score on nineteen words - I can understand the distraction...

Beautiful one day, perfect the next...  ;D ;D ;D

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 15, 2021, 07:31:36 PM »
I'm very hit and miss with the rosettes lately. I missed fifth and fiftieth in the previous puzzle.. sometimes it's just a struggle :-Z

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 16, 2021, 04:20:48 AM »
Like RTT, I missed the rosette because I didn't find the thirtieth word lol
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #727 on: December 16, 2021, 01:00:35 PM »
Off to see Dune with my daughter today so my retrospective will be delayed - if anybody else would care to do it, feel free to step in...  ;D

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #728 on: December 16, 2021, 06:00:37 PM »
It should have been three, it should have been three, instead of a five, I took a dive, it should have been three...

Well, enough of my singing to you all - rosetteers club for the day were [drum roll] doxydaisy, auntiemo, yelnats and ozzyjune; rosettenears (on thirty five common words) were blackrockrose, dragonman and rogue_mother - a great effort by you all!!!

Maudland and ozzyjack were next and way two short with vizal close behind on thirty three and Jancsika on thirty two.

Bringing up the rear were Roddles and me - I had cocoon but not COCOONING; concoct and concoction but not CONCOCTING - I also missed CONCISION (a word I have not come across before), and I would now like to use my INSTINCT for avoiding embarrassment by going INCOGNITO.  :-R :-R :-R

rogue_mother and dragonman also achieved maven scores - well done you!!!

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 16, 2021, 07:40:48 PM »
"Consision", "connoting" and as for the others, I'm consigning them to the dustbin of history. Doh!

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 16, 2021, 09:06:01 PM »
missed CONCOCT but played CONCOCTING....a real head slammer.
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 17, 2021, 06:24:46 AM »
The one I missed was concision. I'm not convinced it's a common word, but maybe that's just me.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #732 on: December 17, 2021, 11:05:07 AM »
I failed to notice noticing.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #733 on: December 17, 2021, 03:10:25 PM »
Well, yesterday's 7bm was a doozy, wasn't it? No a single rosetteer amongst our number...

However, what we lacked in rosetteers, we made up for in a clean sweep of the rosettenears - doxydaisy, auntiemo, rogue_mother and dragonman being our standard-bearers with forty five common words found...

Next came Roddles and ozzyjune on forty three followed closely by blackrockrose, Maudland and ozzyjack on the answer to life, the universe and everything...

HJ (Jancsika), vizal and myself managed to find forty one words with my omissions being: FLOSSES, FORESEER, REFEREE, REFERRER and SORER - it will be interesting to see what "doh!" moments others had...

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 17, 2021, 03:34:01 PM »
I missed FEMME. And I bet I miss it next time it's an option!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia