Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130536 times)

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #675 on: December 08, 2021, 05:58:21 PM »
Congrats to ozzyjune and Maudland for your rosettes. I missed teakettle. Here we call it a teapot so I'm using that excuse for missing it :-R

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 08, 2021, 07:46:37 PM »
Suffice to say I missed some sitters...

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #677 on: December 09, 2021, 11:01:22 AM »
Well, it seems there is a problem with the scores in my browser as I've missed the fact that ozzyjack scored a rosette yesterday as well! This is the second time this has happened - after being notified of the first, I've taken to refreshing the scores before making my comments - and both times it has negatively affected ozzyjack. So sorry, Jack, I'm not sure what else I can do to ensure the scores are truly up-to-date.

Alan, I use a secure fork of the Chrome browser (Avast) - any clues as to what might be going on???
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #678 on: December 09, 2021, 11:09:21 AM »
Well today the rosetteer club contained just twothree of our members - ozzyjune and Maudland and ozzyjack - well done both all of you on finding all 38 common words!!!

Rosettenears must have been frustrated by that last word - what were they doxydaisy and Roddles???

Today there were no diminutives but rogue_mother was three short on 35. I followed on 34 missing the ANTENNA/ANTENNAE pair as well as ENTENTE and TENANT - I must be a slow learner as I'm sure I've complained about entente before!

33 was a popular score with blackrockrose, yelnats, and Jancsika and ozzyjack all falling 5 short of the requisite number while auntiemo was one further back on 32. vizal completed the puzzle with a score of 30 31 just 8 7 off the pace.

I wonder what today's puzzle will bring and what words others missed out on???

It looks like vizal was also caught up in the score update debacle - I'll try going to a different puzzle and then back again to see if this provides me with more dependable scores...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #679 on: December 09, 2021, 02:14:48 PM »
I'll try going to a different puzzle and then back again to see if this provides me with more dependable scores...

This should work. But so should refreshing the scores by clicking on the circling arrows button at the top right of the scoreboard.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #680 on: December 09, 2021, 03:39:30 PM »
Thank you jancsika and others who clarified my use of sitter for R-M.

I was unable to do it myself because I lost my internet connection in a storm. I'm now using my husband's phone data patched through to my laptop.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #681 on: December 09, 2021, 03:41:54 PM »
This should work. But so should refreshing the scores by clicking on the circling arrows button at the top right of the scoreboard.

After Jack alerted me to the issue, I tried using the refresh button but this didn't seem to work. :(

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #682 on: December 09, 2021, 03:52:13 PM »
Okay, I'm really happy about yesterday's puzzle!  ;D

Rosetteers included: doxydaisy (almost goes without saying...), myself (woo hoo!!!), auntiemo, Roddles, Maudland, ozzyjune and ozzyjack having secured all twenty three common words!!! The last word I got was LOLLY - go figure!

No rosettenears but yelnats seems to be getting smaller as now he's two short...  :-R

vizal and rogue_mother were one further back on an even twenty common words. Jancsika got nineteen to round out our group's efforts.

On to today's challenge , errrr, 7bm...

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 10, 2021, 10:10:13 AM »
Well done, all you rosetteers! It can be a little depressing when so many of my fellow players do well, and me a whopping three commons behind, but as my dad used to say, "Them's the breaks." I missed alloy, aloofly, and lolly.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 10, 2021, 10:39:54 AM »
Ah, but how often do you get Maven, RM - is it every day??

Congratulations everyone but I think John gets a special mention for his rosette! 🥳

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #685 on: December 10, 2021, 11:57:16 AM »
Thanks Madeleine - they're few and far between and all the sweeter when I do get one...  ;D

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #686 on: December 10, 2021, 03:15:00 PM »
With only six people out of the 344 people playing this one getting a rosette, the BASSOONIST/BASTION/BOTANIST puzzle was a doozy!!!

Unfortunately (but hardly surprisingly) none of our crew managed a rosette. :( On the rosettenear front we had three contenders: doxydaisy, Roddles and ozzyjune - well done all and it will be interesting to hear what word each of you missed!

Two short people included yelnats, rogue_mother and my own good self - I'm embarrassed to say I missed ATTAIN and INSIST. Doh! and double doh!!!

Next came Maudland on forty one common words and three off the pace followed by auntiemo, one further back. HJ (Jancsika) scored thirty nine; vizal thirty seven, blackrockrose thirty six and ozzyjack thirty four.

From there there was a big gap to Gareth (dragonman) on twenty three.

I reckon any score over 20 was a good one...  :-P :-P :-P

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #687 on: December 10, 2021, 06:04:16 PM »
A very musical puzzle, oboist, bassist, bassoonist, batonist (not accepted) soloist and sonatina to round it out!

I missed bonsai and satiation.

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 10, 2021, 07:00:53 PM »
Biota, satiation,  initiation and tannin. I'm sure I played tannin....but obviously not. I was very happy with my score. It was a bit of a struggle.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 10, 2021, 07:11:12 PM »
I’ve been deputed by Ozzyjune to report she missed satiation.  The last two she got were initiation and  tannin
Regards, Jack