Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129484 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #555 on: November 21, 2021, 09:02:55 PM »
Missed foreseer and hereof, but had foresee once I got the spelling right.

I'd be inclined to ask that these two be made rare/uncommon words in future...

Just sayin'
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 22, 2021, 06:55:23 AM »
I also missed foreseer, plus I missed foreshore, a word that apparently exists but that I never would have thought of.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 22, 2021, 08:14:24 AM »
I got foresee and hereof early but foreseer was the last one I got.  I told June about my discovery when we both had one to go but her ethics precluded her from adding it to get a rosette.

Normally, we don't give each other the answers but we do a word count of how many others have got the words we have found.  This points out the location of a word we have missed in relation to the ones we have found.  There is probably a psychological theory that covers it but it is amazing when you know there is definitely a word in a certain space, how much easier it is to find.  This means when we do our word counts we often finish up with the same score.

Regards, Jack

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 22, 2021, 10:22:55 AM »
Well done, those who got rosettes!! I was far away - FORESEE, FORESEER, HEREOF, HOOFER and OSSIFIES.
At least some of those are words I’ve found before … need to give myself a hoof up the oss…

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 22, 2021, 10:28:04 AM »
Just looked at today’s - doxydaisy’s on a great rosette run! How many is it now?

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #560 on: November 22, 2021, 10:49:39 AM »
I got foresee and hereof early but foreseer was the last one I got.  I told June about my discovery when we both had one to go but her ethics precluded her from adding it to get a rosette.

Aaaah! So Ozzyjune IS related to Ozzyjack...

I HAD wondered...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #561 on: November 22, 2021, 10:55:50 AM »
I also missed foreseer, plus I missed foreshore, a word that apparently exists but that I never would have thought of.

Wow! I'm surprised to hear that foreshore isn't universally used, rogue. (again I risk being too free and easy with people's monikers) ;) It was actually the "f" word I got first, as I tend to try for at least one word (preferably common) for each unique letter in the puzzle before going gangbusters. Go figure...

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #562 on: November 22, 2021, 03:04:04 PM »
Dox and Maudland were the bestest of our bunch today with rosettes each – dox is racking these up as if there were no tomorrow!!! (Did you see what I did there Alan? 😉)

Rogue missed by one and ozzyjune and Roddles by two; I missed by three then auntimo, blackrockrose and yelnats rounded out with four off the pace at 25 words each. My guess is they weren’t the same words! :D

My misses were ELOPE, LAPTOP and TEETOTAL; funny because I’m using one of those to type this…  :-R :-R :-R

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #563 on: November 22, 2021, 03:25:44 PM »
I missed cello, ocelot and potato, all of which were 'Doh!'-inducing, and toecap, which I forgave myself for missing – especially since it was the second-least found word.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #564 on: November 22, 2021, 04:17:51 PM »
I missed cello, ocelot and potato, all of which were 'Doh!'-inducing, and toecap, which I forgave myself for missing – especially since it was the second-least found word.

I only got toecap because it was in another puzzle the other day...

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 22, 2021, 06:53:27 PM »
Love the chitchat going on with words missed and words of encouragement to everyone with the 7bm club. I think it's 5 in a row for me.. not sure. Sorry I haven't posted many comments due to work but I like reading what everyone says.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 23, 2021, 12:23:39 AM »
I missed teetotal. After all these years playing Chihuahua, it still hasn't sunk into my brain that it can be a stand-alone verb.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 23, 2021, 10:04:10 AM »
Wow, five in a row is fabulous, doxydaisy! Or is that six now? Well done!

It took me ages yesterday to get CELLO - my last word. (Takes a bow.)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #568 on: November 23, 2021, 10:10:08 AM »
It took me ages yesterday to get CELLO - my last word. (Takes a bow.)

I'm going to call it! This is a demarcation dispute! You people of the female persuasion are impinging on dad joke territory...  ;) ;) ;)

...and, yes dox, what an excellent effort!  ;D

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #569 on: November 23, 2021, 03:14:25 PM »
Should have got IBISES but I was never likely to get BUSBIES and BIENNIUM...

Seems like being 3 short is getting to be a habit for me as is getting a rosette for doxydaisy - well done again dox! You're on a roll...

Rogue missed by one again - so close yet so far! ozzyjune, Maudland and ozzyjack were one further back with 19 common words each and Roddles joined me on 18. Jancsika (HJ) managed 17 before the tolling of the bell.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 10:02:41 PM by ridethetalk »