Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130603 times)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #525 on: November 18, 2021, 03:55:37 AM »
I missed inattentive, lol. This seems to be part of a pattern, as I missed irreversible the other day. The i's don't have it!
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 18, 2021, 05:43:30 AM »
I had invent but not inventive. I also missed tannin. Maybe it's a case of trying too hard and miss the basic words!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #527 on: November 18, 2021, 11:06:08 AM »
I had invent but not inventive. I also missed tannin. Maybe it's a case of trying too hard and miss the basic words!

'Twould have been worse had it been the other way around...  :-P
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 18, 2021, 11:07:56 AM »
I got initiate early on, but it took ages to find initiative - my elusive last word. Just like it took ages to get irresponsible the other day! I wonder why there are some word forms that don’t present themselves so easily?

Tinea is a Chi word for me - but I thought it was a bone in the ear, so your locker room comment mystified me, RTT, till I looked it up!  ;D

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #529 on: November 18, 2021, 02:08:07 PM »
Tinea is a Chi word for me - but I thought it was a bone in the ear, so your locker room comment mystified me, RTT, till I looked it up!  ;D

You're probably getting confused with tinnitus (which is like a ringing in the ears) or the tympanic membrane/cavity in the ear...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #530 on: November 18, 2021, 03:11:19 PM »
So, a string of tough games - today's saw just 4 rosettes in total!

Our best results came from doxydaisy, auntiemo, Roddles and Maudland with a creditable 1 word to go. Very well done everyone.

rogue_mother clocked in at 54 (3 off the mark) but still a great result considering the difficulty of this one!

I was happy to get 50 common words (7 off the pace) but, at least I beat ozzyjack!!!  ;) ;) ;) who managed 49!  :'( - no pressure Jack!  ;D

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 18, 2021, 03:18:11 PM »
I can hardly believe I missed titbit......
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #532 on: November 18, 2021, 03:22:04 PM »
I'm not going to admit what words I missed though titbit was amongst them...  :-[ :-R

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 18, 2021, 03:43:52 PM »
I am totally and utterly embarrassed to say that I missed abate!

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 18, 2021, 11:33:55 PM »
Well I'd never heard of "batik", but I wish I could say the same about "titbit" and "trier"...

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 19, 2021, 04:43:28 AM »
I confess I didn’t get BIRETTA - can’t think why not?!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 19, 2021, 07:18:45 AM »
I got titbit and was very pleased with myself for finding it. It's one I usually miss, since it's a British spelling for our more common in the United States tidbit. However -- I went on to miss rarebit, which I certainly know and sometimes find, biretta, which I suppose I know but never find, and abate (oops!)
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 19, 2021, 11:36:52 AM »
I’m British, and I’m always very pleased with myself if I spot titbit!

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 19, 2021, 03:02:38 PM »
Oh dear, oh dear....obsess, obsesses, testes and tsetse....and chess.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #539 on: November 19, 2021, 03:03:31 PM »
Doxydaisy and Jansika are our stand-outs today – congratulations both of you for a well-deserved rosette with all 39 common words!

Ozzyjack, Roddles and myself were just one off the pace – so close and yet so far…

Rogue_mother (37), yelnats (36) and vizal (35) all finished with less than 5 words to go! Good efforts all round…

As for the word I missed CHEESE!!!  :-R :-R :-R