Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130964 times)

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #330 on: August 28, 2021, 01:38:22 PM »
Yes it did Les! Never mind.. next time. You can't win every time. We only put $10 on it.

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Never give up just keep on trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 28, 2021, 02:05:16 PM »
Lots of great results in this game & i congratulate all of those players who did so well.
The highlight was no doubt the impressive double of ozzyjack but the most pleasing for me was to see both Yelnats & ozzyjune break their recent rosette droughts. (there may yet be some hope for me )

Mike reaches number 19.

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 28, 2021, 03:15:14 PM »
I don't know what happened but it looked like my previous posts didn't appear so I did it again and then it appeared 3 times! I'll wait a bit next time.

Go Mike .. no pressure!

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 29, 2021, 02:04:55 PM »
It's great to see so many players doing so well in these very difficult games.
In fact the standout from yesterday's scoreboards was the very small number of us that actually failed to gain a rosette or a maven.
I missed allay & papacy. ( both words that i would normally find ? )

Mike cruises along to his 20th consecutive rosette... anymore guesses on his final total ... so far we have Les guessing 33, Ann 45 & Gareth 50.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 29, 2021, 02:26:39 PM »
I had a case of couldn't C. Clinically, Cynic, Cynical, and Cynically.

Examining it clinically, I would conclude that I haven't got a Cynical bone in my body. >:D
Regards, Jack

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 29, 2021, 02:37:02 PM »
I was suffering for ages with a hard case of combined Last Word Syndrome / Big Word Syndrome.  I got there in the end, although it was just a guess (I don't think I'd every come across "pliancy" before, although once you see it, it's sort of obvious what it means).

Anyway that's three in a row for me now. I've never knowingly got a hat trick before - I think being in this "club" has spurred me on!

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 29, 2021, 05:17:55 PM »
Hungarian John, congratulations on achieving your first hat trick, such a hard target to attain in this very difficult game. ( just ask Maud )
I cannot keep track of everyone but i am pretty sure that Stan & June & there are probably some others that will be chasing their own hat tricks in the next game so hopefully they will let us all know how they went.

My intent in creating this thread was just to enhance the underlying " competition " that already exists, to get to know a little bit about the players behind the obscure user names & to create a bit of interest & discussion about the 7bm game in general.
I just want to acknowledge performances that are above & beyond any particular players regular efforts & encourage everyone to share their frustrations & triumphs. ( it is not bragging )
I think that it is beneficial to all involved to share missed words etc.. as all of the discussion ultimately leads to inspiring everyone to ultimately improve their own game.
My next " triumph " will be my next rosette ( if & when it ever comes ) & i'll be unashamedly shouting from the rooftops when it happens.

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 30, 2021, 02:01:07 PM »
It seems like some promising rosette runs came to a sudden halt in this game which just makes Mike's incredible effort all the more amazing as he moves to number 21.

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 30, 2021, 03:46:34 PM »
I'll be shouting from the rooftops for you too Les when it happens and I'm sure it will be very soon! I had a horror game, hit a wall and just couldn't get the last 6 words that I missed - attic (doh), catalytic, tactic (how embarrassing), tactical, tactically and tactility.

As usual keep up the great work Mike! And everyone else too!!

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 30, 2021, 04:55:40 PM »
My run (such as it was) came to an end with "catcall" (which I would normally get) and "tactility" (which I wouldn't have got in a month of Sundays, let alone a single Sunday!)

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 30, 2021, 05:13:53 PM »
I was stuck on '1 short' and reduced to going through the words I had to see if I could pin a suffix (-ity / -icity / -ilty etc) onto any of them. I thought lacticity  - 'the state of being lactic' - might be possible, but 'sorry, not known'.
Then, quite out of the blue, I learned about tactility - 'the state of being tactile'.
I'd never seen the word before and probably never will again in any truly meaningful context.
 I wonder how many of the other 27 who played it knew it as a word or, like me, just stumbled across it by accident.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 05:51:49 PM by mkenuk »

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 30, 2021, 05:41:35 PM »
My run (such as it was) came to an end with "catcall" (which I would normally get) and "tactility" (which I wouldn't have got in a month of Sundays, let alone a single Sunday!)
That was me, too!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 30, 2021, 06:32:22 PM »
Me too.
I missed a Maven and Rosette by thinking I had played CATTILY and not checking carefully enough.
My prediction for Mikes 50 rosettes is still looking good.
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #343 on: August 30, 2021, 07:50:34 PM »
After my run of 2 rosettes I checked my stats and found that I have averaged 1.5 rosettes per month, much better than previous years. I may be able to put it down to more time in lockdown - 200+ days and counting. The Argentinian word "quaranternity" is coming true! .

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 31, 2021, 09:41:34 AM »
Tactility (eh?), catalytic (yikes) and tacitly (oops) got me. Another chance of a hat trick gone! One day …  ???

Meanwhile, although it looks like Mike’s Rosette Run could go on forever, because he’s a Douglas Adams fan I’m going to guess 42.