Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130676 times)

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Never give up just keep on trying
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2021, 06:08:57 PM »
I have to say that i am in awe of the incredible performance of Gareth to top the closed scoreboard with an amazing rosette in the just completed & extremely difficult, 10 letter game.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 09:28:08 AM by les303 »

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 12, 2021, 07:13:03 PM »
Sorry Les, been a bit busy, travelling and stuff.

Whisky was the closest; I'm a British man called John, living in Hungary.

As you already have a "John" in the forum, "Jan" will do just fine!

(I'm not sure where the time zone info comes from. It seems to be a default that you can't change)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #197 on: August 12, 2021, 08:07:51 PM »
(I'm not sure where the time zone info comes from. It seems to be a default that you can't change)

Try here Jan https://theforum.lexigame.com/index.php?action=profile;area=theme and put in your time offset
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 08:17:39 PM by ridethetalk »
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 13, 2021, 09:26:38 AM »
G'day Jan, thanks for letting us all have a bit of fun with your player name.
It's no surprise that whisky came so close as he usually leads the way when it comes to solving puzzles.
How is the covid situation in Hungary?

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 13, 2021, 03:39:05 PM »
We know going into these 7 by many games that they are always going to be difficult & for me, that just adds to the appeal.
Yesterday's game was no different, thank goodness we have Mike to wave the rosette flag for the club.

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 13, 2021, 05:08:30 PM »
G'day Jacki, so sorry to hear that you are suddenly in lock down & with such rotten timing in regard to your son's milestone celebration... what were the odds of that happening!!!
Jacki, the 21st has not been cancelled, just deferred for a couple of weeks.
We had an outbreak at a large inner city suburban school a couple of weeks ago.
A 17 year old student was confirmed to have contracted the Delta variant.
I thought, well we are buggered now that the " kids " have got it, the spread will be like wildfire.
Authorities struggle to make a lot of " adults " comply with the necessary restrictions what hope is there of containing an outbreak among teenagers.
To my surprise, a short, sharp lock down has indeed contained the cluster & we are currently out of lock down with the only imposition being the ongoing requirement to wear masks.
I'm hoping that your lockdown will be just as brief & just as successful.
Now Jacki, with all of this extra time on your hands, i expect that you will be revisiting the 7 by many game very soon & if you are at a loss for something to do tomorrow you might like to watch Caulfield Race 8 & have a little something eachway on  " Red Can Man ".
That's R8 H6 , currently paying $8.00 the win & $2.45 the place.

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 13, 2021, 09:12:32 PM »
Well Les that’s exactly the sort of friend you are - and I count myself lucky to have you and I completely agree with a quick response from our leaders. My life doesn’t change much - cooking, shopping, family. I’m so aware of how fortunate I am.
It makes me think of a Carl Barron routine - an Australian comedian who cracks me up - basically he was saying how when he was growing up his nan used to love to go to the local club and play bingo and have a roast dinner at the bistro and he thought that was the worst existence you could have but now he’s older he thinks it sounds pretty good! He made it sound a lot funnier but you get the idea.
I’m all for the lockdown - I’m just sad for the kids and in this case my son. But you’re right it’s just postponed. Tell you what though they’ve had some real challenges these last few years - my daughters trying to do year 12 and my son uni and it hadn’t been easy.
Every generation has their challenges though.
I’ll make a note of your tip and maybe put some money in my TAB account for the first time since I beat you last year.
And if I can get these two final words that are bugging me in the challenge and ten letter games I’ll check out the 7.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 09:17:26 PM by Jacki »
Late blooming azaleas tricked by the warmer weather into flowering

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 14, 2021, 02:02:38 PM »
I have been commenting a bit lately about the unpalatable combination of letters resulting in some very difficult & low scoring recent games.
What a contrast it was in yesterday's game.
With so many combinations & such a high target for a rosette or a maven.
My biggest problem in these type of games is remembering which words i have or have not played, none the less there were plenty of high scores with several players scoring mavens & two posting rosettes.
Mike, i believe that is 4 rosettes on the trot, is that your best effort so far in 7BM?
And what a sensational return from Jacki, was that 4 rosettes for the day across all games?

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 14, 2021, 02:10:20 PM »
I think this was an easy 7 by many. I was thrown by the five letter minimum and the fact the main word is composed of more than the seven letters.
Wow how do you guys do this puzzle? Super hard. I think I’ll retire on that note.
I see your horse in Caulfield is becoming a favourite Les. Good luck!
Late blooming azaleas tricked by the warmer weather into flowering

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 14, 2021, 04:20:56 PM »
Yes, five successive 7-by-many rosettes is a personal best; couldn't make them all mavens however
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 04:25:18 PM by mkenuk »

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 14, 2021, 05:10:32 PM »
I see that you have already matched your best by achieving yet another rosette in the current game & i'll be cheering for you to go one better in the next game.
Your a bloody hard task master when you expect every rosette to be coupled with a maven, just concentrate on extending your incredible run of rosettes.

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 14, 2021, 05:19:17 PM »
Indeed; my plan when I stopped playing the 'ordinary' games regularly was to concentrate on just one game, the 7-by-many, and aim for a rosette and a maven every day.
I'm getting close to the rosette most days, but sometimes the maven is just too remote.
21 short today; I can't see me getting anywhere close to that.

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 14, 2021, 05:34:03 PM »
I'm going to have to scratch up "redound" to the "muumuu" list (ie "common" words I'd never heard of until playing this game)!

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 14, 2021, 05:43:03 PM »

I think this was an easy 7 by many. I was thrown by the five letter minimum and the fact the main word is composed of more than the seven letters.
Wow how do you guys do this puzzle? Super hard. I think I’ll retire on that note.

I had a small win with Red Can Man running third but i had a big loss on learning of your retirement from any further participation in the 7 by many game, of course that does not prevent you from making the occasional post & encouraging doxydaisy to do the same.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 05:48:15 PM by les303 »

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #209 on: August 14, 2021, 05:58:11 PM »

I had a small win with Red Can Man running third but i had a big loss on learning of your retirement from any further participation in the 7 by many game, of course that does not prevent you from making the occasional post & encouraging doxydaisy to do the same.

Les, Jacki may simply have been going to bed! Don't give up on her too soon...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)