Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130643 times)

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Never give up just keep on trying
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2021, 07:24:49 PM »
Most of these 7 by many games are very tough & yesterday's was no different with rosettes hard to achieve.
I think that anybody who manages to reach the " best " target in these very difficult games is doing a great job & all of our club members are consistently doing that & more.
Michael must have had his timer on speed dial as he only managed a score of 20 & just one of the 3 available big words.
June found 2 of the big words & posted an impressive score of 71 to distance herself from Jack although Jack did find all 3 of the big words & posted a very respectable score of 40 which was well in excess of the " best " target.
Vizal ( Alan ) thoughts must have been further afield as he posted a score of 48 with 2 big words found.
While Dragonman ( Gareth ) found all of the big words his score of 61 was a little below his best.
Rose & Stanley could not be separated on their scores of 65 with both finding 2 of the big words.
Valerie reached 67 with 2 big words but surprisingly for her, no rosette.
Maudland ( Maud - if you don't tell me your name, then i just make up my own nickname ) & Roddlles ( Rod ) had an epic battle with both scoring 70 but the narrow win goes to Rod with 3 big words.
Moyra was brilliant with a great score of 80, all of the big words & of course that rosette.
Pat ( Pat ) was able to match Moyra's high score & find all of the big words but just could not find the rosette.
I suppose that i should give myself a pat on the back for achieving the highest score of 90 among our club members but i would have much preferred a rosette ... who knew that there were 2 ways to spell cesarean.
The only club member that i have not mentioned is Mike.
He posted a score of 69, he found 2 of the big words ( the third one is really irrelevant as it was a rare word ) & found a rosette.
So my play of the day goes to Mike.
However i am not sure that is the right decision.
Moyra also had a rosette, found the extra big word & achieved a higher score than Mike so which is the better performance?
I would appreciate hearing some opinions.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 07:35:08 PM by les303 »

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2021, 02:29:38 AM »
out of the 340 players 42 spelt it CESAREAN and 43 CAESAREAN.
I was the one that missed the alternative spelling.
I also missed SENESCENCE and CENSUSES.

Just one of those days.

Gareth
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2021, 06:46:23 AM »
Hi Madeleine,

I wouldn't tell him if I were you. He's just being a big bully. >:D
Regards, Jack

whisky

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2021, 09:22:34 AM »
Hi Les

Thanks for your keen eyed observations.

3 grandchildren arrived yesterday ( and stayed for the day ).
I was thus a wee bit distracted.

Sorry if my results were weaker than expected.

Michael

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2021, 10:25:36 AM »
Make the most of my result in the caesarean game....I was very committed to 4 rosettes and spent waaaaay too much time on the 4 games that day. It won't be happening regularly,
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2021, 10:26:57 AM »
Hi Madeleine,

I wouldn't tell him if I were you. He's just being a big bully. >:D

;D Tickled me!

Your score was fantastic, Les - I think you should take a bow!
About to get on with today’s puzzle … wish me luck!

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2021, 12:26:17 PM »
After reviewing my review, i realise that i neglected to include a few regulars ;
Jk1956 ( John ), Jancsika ( Jan ) & Aussie Sue ( Sue ) who all tied on a solid score of 58.

I have also come to realise that i have taken on more than i can chew as it is too much work to review all players after every game so i will stop posting daily reviews & leave it up to individuals to review their own performances & perhaps make the odd comment.

Michael, i know what you mean about distractions.
I posted a very moderate score yesterday due to the distractions of my horse racing.

Moyra, congratulations again on all of those rosettes.
I see that you are not to worn out to rack up yet another one in this mornings standard game.
 It was a game that i found well worth spending a bit longer on.

Maud Madeleine, i certainly do wish you & all of our forum players the very best of luck.

Cheers Les.

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2021, 01:51:40 PM »
Is the new 7 by many club now destined to last slightly longer than Mal Meninga’s political career?
Late blooming azaleas tricked by the warmer weather into flowering

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2021, 01:58:41 PM »
Quite possibly, but ultimately, it will be up to the " fans " to decide.

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2021, 02:05:01 PM »
Congratulations Mike, that was an outstanding effort in yesterday's game.
It is no wonder that you are included in just about everybody's list of benchmark players.

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2021, 02:07:00 PM »
Looking at the solution, i am kicking myself for missing so many " easy " words.

Will i be able to bounce back today???

whisky

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2021, 02:11:26 PM »
Hi Les

A person should consider themselves fortunate, if their life includes several opportunities for distraction.

5 is oft considered a healthy number.
Perhaps:
 *  Family
 *  Friends
 *  Business
 *  Hobby 1 ( sailing in my case )
 *  Hobby 2 (whisky club in my case )
 *  Hobby 3 ( CHI )

Michael

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2021, 03:30:10 PM »
Michael, i think that you are indeed a very fortunate man.

What a fascinating game we have in progress at the moment.
I got off to a late start & it took a lot of time & effort but i was eventually able to overtake June's impressive total.
I was even more pleased with myself when i was able to pass Mike & land in the top 10 on the scoreboard but it was only then that i noticed that Rose was way ahead of me & already had a rosette in the bag.
As i type this, i see that Jack & Michael ( no doubt after a couple of whiskeys ) are both making a bold resurgence and late starters, Stan & John are racing up the scoreboard.
Of course there is a lot of time to go in this game but i for one cannot wait to see the final outcome.
Will any of our club members be able to catch up to Rose?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 03:39:00 PM by les303 »

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2021, 05:13:15 PM »
After reviewing my review, i realise that i neglected to include a few regulars ;
Jk1956 ( John ), Jancsika ( Jan ) & Aussie Sue ( Sue ) who all tied on a solid score of 58.

Les, not sure whether to be miffed by being left off your initial list in the "club" but I was certainly in good company with Jan and Sue...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2021, 06:18:15 PM »
John, i certainly did not intentionally mean to " miff " anyone.
It is just very difficult to make sure that you include everyone which is why i have decided to stop doing the daily reviews.
It was a silly idea to begin with, after all, who am i to to be critiquing any players performance.
Of course it is all just tongue in cheek, purely designed to create some interest,discussion, a bit of humour & increase familiarity within our forum family.
Despite the dour forecast from Jacki, i would like to think that this thread might prevail for a little bit longer with " club " members offering random insights & comments from time to time.
For example, how can you not notice & duly acknowledge the effort of rogue mother in not only getting a rosette but also passing Rose's total.
Jack will be pleased to see that i have not been game enough to even attempt to " bully " rogue mother into to revealing her name.

John, i must thank you for our little tussle in the current challenge game, thoroughly enjoyable but i must put up the white flag as you have just been too good for me today... but watch out next time.