Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129498 times)

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #960 on: January 20, 2022, 03:53:15 PM »
It was a doozy John and it gave me total brain ache.. maybe the real cause was my covid19 booster shot! I missed seawall.

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: January 20, 2022, 04:34:46 PM »
I confess to losing interest....and then forgetting to go back to it!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 20, 2022, 05:06:26 PM »
ozzyjack was a self-declared non-starter and would have saved himself hours of searching as a result. (Correction: for some reason, I looked right down the bottom to find that ozzyjack did have a go [seven commons found] but must have realised his mistake early on!!!  ;) ;) ;) )

I did it again.  I must have the mind of a gnat. I saw the seed word and entered it before I looked to see how many words were needed.  Seeing as it's raining outside I will compromise and play until I get to 40 common.
Regards, Jack

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 21, 2022, 12:43:43 AM »
She thought she had played roarer, but apparently she hadn't. Now she's spraying aerosol salve on her wounded pride.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Calilasseia

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Pass the dissection kit ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 21, 2022, 01:40:04 PM »
Even though I've asked for the solution to that puzzle, I can't see which word contains all the letters and is listed as a common word. The word I chose was displayed in italics, indicating it was listed as a rare word in the database ... so what WAS the common word with all the letters?

I entered "swallower" and had it flagged as rare ...
Remember: if the world's bees disappear, we become extinct with them ...

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #965 on: January 21, 2022, 02:30:05 PM »
Sallower
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #966 on: January 21, 2022, 03:33:10 PM »
Another high scoring game, which means ozzyjack shouldn’t be taking part but, according to the inimitable Jack, he has the brain of a gnat but vowed to stop at forty…

Fifty six common words were needed for our rosetteers and doxydaisy, ozzyjune, dragonman and Roddles had what it took!!! Well done you lot!!! As for rosettenears, auntiemo and I “missed it by that much” – I must be too much of a city-slicker because RURAL was my downfall.

Since no-one seemed to object, our most petite player for today was rogue_mother who was two short for her own good…

yelnats and Jancsika managed to find fifty one commons, five off the pace while vizal and ozzymAndias have synchronised their scores yet again, this time on forty seven!!! It would be interesting to see which words they missed!

With forty five commons, blackrockrose was out on her own but ozzyjack, with forty one commons must have the brain of a gnat as he went beyond what he vowed to stop at!!!

dragonman, rogue_mother and I managed to break through the magic one hundred and four word barrier to get awarded a maven…
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 21, 2022, 10:38:21 PM »
I throw myself on the mercy of the court.

My 40th word was Lugger and while I was entering it I realised I could also have luggage.  I debated for one second whether I should stick to my resolve but I decided that would be pointless.

Even gnats learn so I will be MIA from today’s game.

Regards, Jack

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 22, 2022, 02:19:58 AM »
Being two short is no excuse! Send her to the gulag for disrespecting the ruler!!
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 22, 2022, 09:56:18 AM »
I missed laurel
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #970 on: January 22, 2022, 10:55:43 AM »
I missed laurel

Moyra, we all miss Laurel... 
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #971 on: January 22, 2022, 03:33:31 PM »
Not a rosette amongst our cohort today – maybe the lack of ozzyjack was telling there…

As for rosettenears on fifty six common words uncovered, doxydaisy and Roddles were our only members and I know Roddles is missing his LOVESEAT because of this…

rogue_mother was stunted in her attempt at a rosette and became two short thereafter. ozzymAndias split from his friend vizal today and scored fifty four commons; I managed fifty three while dragonman and Jancsika were one further back. auntiemo scored an even half century and yelnats forty eight whilst ozzyjune and vizal discovered forty five!

RL, ozzyjack and blackrockrose were all absent from deliberations today…

Our only maven today was, surprise, surprise, rogue_mother though ozzymAndias and doxydaisy did give it a nudge…

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 22, 2022, 06:17:07 PM »
Had asses - assess - not assesses. What an absolute nong, drongo, ninny and all associated words!

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 22, 2022, 07:32:33 PM »
In the desert of my mind I failed to find either of the oases in the last two days ..

Also, I only managed to find yesterday's big word after consulting with Mrs. Jancsika, who is herself an occasional player, and not a native English speaker. I hadn't even heard of the term LOVESEAT before. I really should get out more- to the furniture shop at least!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #974 on: January 22, 2022, 09:14:02 PM »
OASES, SASSES, TEETOTAL and VESTAL for me and I couldn't figure a way to get that little lot into a meaningful sentence...  :-P :-P :-P