Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 131514 times)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #840 on: January 03, 2022, 03:02:52 AM »
Thanks for trying to move me up a notch, RTT, but I actually missed three: initiator, narration, and notional.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 03, 2022, 03:22:28 AM »
ATTAIN and LARIAT for me.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #842 on: January 03, 2022, 10:28:30 AM »
ozzyjune pulled out all stops today to take out our sole rosette – well done you!!! Four of us ended up as rosettenears with forty three commons found – they were doxydaisy, yelnats, Maudland and Roddles. Close, so very close…

Those vying for the diminutive award at two short were rogue_mother and ozzyjack whilst dragonman was one further back on forty. I scored thirty nine while auntiemo and ozzymAndias racked up thirty eight commons.

blackrockrose managed thirty six and 2dognight found thirty. vizal came in at twenty five and RL twenty four.

My oversights were ANNOTATION, INTONATION, NARRATION, ORATORIO and the third common word using all the letters: TOTALITARIAN – missing that probably means I ain’t one… 😉

rogue_mother was our stand-out maven today – your command of the English language astounds!!!

I must be going cross-eyed or something (probably the or something!)  :o :o :o - HJ (Jancsika) was our sole diminutive winner with the meaning for life, the universe and everything with rogue_mother and ozzyjack in the next position on forty one...

Sorry all, I'll try to do better in future - no promises though!  :-P :P :-P
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 03, 2022, 11:11:35 AM »
I missed LITTORAL - a new one on me.

I like your anti totalitarian stance on numbers, John  ;)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 03, 2022, 12:17:48 PM »
Annotation, intonation and littoral
Regards, Jack

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #845 on: January 03, 2022, 01:49:55 PM »
Initiator, littoral, tiara (!!!) and totalitarian.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #846 on: January 03, 2022, 05:53:01 PM »
Well I found this one very challenging - lots of wasted time shuffling letters around without getting very far!

Maudland, ozzyjune, ozzymAndias managed the number of weeks in a year as well as all the common words in today’s 7bm thereby achieving rosetteer status – I found this one quite difficult and send my heartfelt congrats to you all!!! Rosettenears must have kicked themselves for that single missing word, and the ones with the sore ankles today are 2dognight, blackrockrose, Roddles and ozzyjack.

doxydaisy and Jancsika take out the miniature prize for being two short while rogue_mother was just shy of bringing up the half-ton! dragonman was one further back on forty eight and yelnats found forty six. I uncovered forty five and HERETO I send myself back to the CRECHE until this HOODOO is removed. Perhaps a CHEERER and a CHORD on the piano will make sure I am not HOODOOED THERETO.

Meanwhile vizal discovered forty four commons, auntiemo found the meaning of life, the universe and everything and RL was in the game at thirty nine.

Mavens there were aplenty today with doxydaisy, rogue_mother, 2dognight, ozzymAndias, dragonman, blackrockrose, ozzyjack and ozzyjune all finding at least the seventy two words necessary to join this club… Well done all!!! :D :D :D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 03, 2022, 06:20:00 PM »
I was Hoodoo(ed,).

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 03, 2022, 06:55:30 PM »
It appears I was in good company yesterday...hoodoo and hoodooed, heeded, chert, creche, crotch,  chord and cheerer, echoed and hetero. I really struggled...obviously.
And then there is today's puzzle.....
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 03, 2022, 07:14:19 PM »
you are not wrong about sore ankles
Missed herded I ask you

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: January 03, 2022, 07:28:18 PM »
I had the horrors but didn’t have HORROR.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #851 on: January 03, 2022, 08:53:13 PM »
Whoa auntiemo! …and go blackrockrose  :-P :-P :-P

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: January 04, 2022, 09:50:46 AM »
I was hoodooed by the hooded character practicing hoodoo. At least I was able to reach maven.

Well done, all you rosetteers and rosettenears!!
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #853 on: January 04, 2022, 03:27:14 PM »
We had a better representation in the rosetteers today with auntiemo, blackrockrose, ozzymAndias, ozzyjune and rogue_mother all getting the requisite eight2 common words. Rosettenears were MIA, but ozzyjack joined the ranks of the wee ones being two short!!!

Next cabs off the rank were doxydaisy, Roddles, vizal and Maudland on sixty one with yelnats and Jancsika one further back on sixty. Next were myself and dragonman on fifty nine (five off the pace) – apparently, I was SENSING, not SEEING, the EFFIGIES of my GINSENG get DINGED and failed to spot those other five words! :-R :-R :-R

RL was back on a creditable thirty six – it appears Roger and Lisa have got the hang of this…

rogue_mother, doxydaisy, auntiemo, myself, ozzymAndias and dragonman all managed to spot enough words to be considered mavens…

Will auntiemo get her rosette before I get to post this, like she did yesterday???  ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 10:29:17 AM by ridethetalk »

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 04, 2022, 09:31:10 PM »
Since I found GENII but not GENIE and GIGGING but not GIGGED, I'm going to need GEEING up ..