Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 131608 times)

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #780 on: December 24, 2021, 07:34:07 AM »
Missed espresso and kopek. Should have got espresso as we have an espresso machine but we don't have a kopek machine!

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 24, 2021, 11:11:39 AM »
PRIORESS (I wonder why PRIORESSES wasn’t common - the plurals often are, too?) and KOPEK for me. Never knowingly under-coffeed.

(I actually woke in the night with ROOKERIES to add! and one other which I can’t remember 😂)

The ozzies are on great form!!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 11:29:00 AM by Maudland »

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #782 on: December 24, 2021, 03:14:53 PM »
I'm not even going to attempt to make a COHEREnt sentence out of the words I missed today...

Rosetteers, of which five of our number featured, did well to find all thirty two common words. Congratulations to doxydaisy, Roddles, ozzyjune, Maudland and ozzyjack! Rosettenears included Jancsika and dragonman - also a great effort!

Two short of the main game were 2dognight and ozzymAndias while rogue_mother and I managed just twenty eight. yelnats managed twenty six and vizal found twenty four commons. Still no sign of blackrockrose - I trust she is simply taking a sabbatical...  ???

Our mavens of the day consisted of doxydaisy, dragonman, rogue_mother and 2dognight - an awesome effort from each and every one of you...  ;D ;D ;D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 24, 2021, 03:51:12 PM »
CHERT (another word unknown to me, so I don't feel too bad....)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 25, 2021, 03:14:02 PM »
I'm just going to keep telling myself that I'll get back into gear after the "silly season" is over...
In case anyone is interested today, I missed all of the following words.....accept, apace, carapace, cheep, crape, perpetrate, prate, precept, preheat.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #785 on: December 25, 2021, 09:01:27 PM »
You're not Robinson Crusoe there Moyra, I missed ACCEPT, APACE, CAPER, PACER, PARAPET, PEPPER, PERPETRATE, PRECEPT, PREHEAT, RECAP, REPARTEE and TAPPET...

No rosetteers today but doxydaisy, dragonman and Roddles were rosettenears - obviously able to avoid the silly season somehow...  ;D ;D ;D

rogue_mother and ozzyjune were one further back and two short as a result on forty four with Jancsika close on their heels. Big gap to vizal on forty then yelnats on thirty nine, then ozzymAndias on thirty eight, auntiemo on that wonderful prime number thirty seven, which is made up to two digits which themselves are primes and that, if put in reverse order, is also a prime! My guess is that that is just too much information for most of you!!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I managed a lousy thirty four while it seems ozzyjack and blackrockrose were no shows.

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all the 7bm crew a wonderful festive season and hope that 2022 will see the back of this covid mess we've been living through...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 26, 2021, 05:33:42 AM »
For some unknown reason, I couldn't see peach or tappet. Sigh.

RTT, as best I could tell from previous posts, blackrockrose was having technology issues with her modem and/or router and was waiting for a replacement. I'm sure she'll be back as soon as all that gets sorted out.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #787 on: December 26, 2021, 03:16:03 PM »
Well, I looked at words starting with cut and others starting with out but failed to consider putting those two together to thereby claim a rosette!!! Doh! Being a rosettenear will have to do for today...

We did have a clutch of rosetteers however with auntiemo leading off, followed by 2dognight, dragonman, Roddles, ozzyjune and ozzyjack. Congrats to you all! Rosettenears did well to get thirty common words and yelnats, Jancsika, rogue_mother and myself should all be congratulated as well, shouldn't we folks?  ;) ;) ;)

doxydaisy was two short while ozzymAndias managed twenty seven. vizal was close behind on twenty six. All good scores.

doxydaisy and dragonman were our mavens today with rogue_mother close but missing out on the cigar - probably better for your health anyway, rogue!  ;)

On to todays 7bm - good luck everyone and I hope you are all recovered from the usual over-indulgences of the silly season...

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #788 on: December 26, 2021, 04:59:35 PM »
If I had considered I was in the rosettnear cohort, I could have got a rosette! And at one time I was the only player with 3.

One to go again today.

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 26, 2021, 07:48:33 PM »
Like you John I missed cutout plus hutch. Did ok with today's puzzle so thankfully no need to report missed words tomorrow. Best of luck all and my very best wishes to everyone for the festive season! Keep well and stay safe!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 27, 2021, 12:36:23 AM »
Just like for several others, cutout was my downfall.

RTT, I have never smoked a cigar, but I confess, I enjoy the smell of a good one!
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

RL

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 27, 2021, 08:56:28 AM »
Like you Rogue-mother I too enjoy the smell of a good cigar. I only try 7by many occasionally and still getting used to the concept,but will keep trying
lisa

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 27, 2021, 10:17:07 AM »
Well played, everyone! It looks like there are a fair few rosetteers today. Wish me luck!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #793 on: December 27, 2021, 11:45:11 AM »
^^^^^^^

Good luck... ;D ;D ;D

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #794 on: December 27, 2021, 01:46:18 PM »
I'm off for a few days with the family so you may or may not see me here...