Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129538 times)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #735 on: December 17, 2021, 04:11:05 PM »
FEELER, FEMME, MORSEL, RESOLE and ROOFLESS.

I happened to notice also that ROOFER and RESOLE are considered common but FLOORER and REHEEL are rare!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 17, 2021, 04:38:53 PM »
FORESEE, FORESEER,  REFERRER and MOREL

Regards, Jack

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 17, 2021, 05:03:59 PM »
Rogue_mother! Way to go!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #738 on: December 17, 2021, 05:10:09 PM »
Well done, rogue!!! ...and a maven to boot!  :-P :-P :-P
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 17, 2021, 09:19:00 PM »
REFERER was my doh word
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #740 on: December 17, 2021, 09:29:23 PM »
REFERER was my doh word

Gareth, you're not going to get anywhere if you keep spelling referrer with only three "R's"...  :-P :-P :-P
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 18, 2021, 02:54:46 AM »
OOPS, perhaps thats why I didn't get it
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 18, 2021, 08:09:51 AM »
I am remorseful missing remorseless. Yes way to go rm and roddles. Well done!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #743 on: December 18, 2021, 03:12:12 PM »
First off, rogue_mother, you champion; top of the tree!!! Well done! (...and a maven as well!)

Others in the rosetteer club were Roddles, ozzyjune and ozzyjack. We shouldn't forget the rosettenears though with Jancsika, doxydaisy, Maudland and myself (see why we shouldn't forget them ;) ) all getting fifty four common words - the one I missed was TITTLE and, looking at the definition, I can understand why...  :P

Gareth (dragonman) was two short and auntiemo and yelnats were one further back on fifty two with vizal scoring an even half century - not a bad innings!!!

dragonman, auntiemo, ozzyjack, doxydaisy, myself, rogue_mother (of course) and Roddles all achieved greatness ;) with a maven score...

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 18, 2021, 03:17:28 PM »
I missed LEERIEST. I'm a bit annoyed with myself because as I mentioned before I try to concentrate on comon words and after entering LEERIER which was considered rare, I didn't even bother with LEERIEST!

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 18, 2021, 05:10:04 PM »
I missed letter. Like you jancsika I'm a bit annoyed as I could've sworn I played it so I was looking for another word entirely. This has happened so many times before when I'm sure I played the missing word only to find I haven't when the solution is revealed.. damn! Congrats to all the rosetteers!

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 19, 2021, 07:57:19 AM »
I missed letter. Like you jancsika I'm a bit annoyed as I could've sworn I played it so I was looking for another word entirely. This has happened so many times before when I'm sure I played the missing word only to find I haven't when the solution is revealed.. damn! Congrats to all the rosetteers!

That has happened to me so often!

I'll enjoy my moment in the sun, because the current puzzle is a completely different story. I am still four commons behind. My only excuse is that I have been in a brain fog since getting my COVID booster shot on Thursday, and it knocked me for a loop. Luckily I got my rosette for the STERILIZE puzzle before the shot took its effect. I'm ready to rejoin the human race, but I fear there is not enough time remaining on the current puzzle.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 19, 2021, 10:10:31 AM »
Come on rogue_mother I'm sure you can get the last few words! Glad to hear you're on the mend after your booster. Although I'm not due for mine as yet I am quite hesitant to have it as I've heard so many people falling ill after having it but I'm resigned to getting it as we won't be allowed certain freedoms if we don't.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 19, 2021, 11:34:21 AM »
My husband felt a bit ropey after his booster, but I felt fine - just a sore arm, which is to be expected. So it’s not inevitably grim, doxydaisy!

I missed seltzer, which I don’t feel too bad about. I’ve not heard of it in terms of Alka-Seltzer so although I spotted it, I assumed it was a brand name. Now I know differently! (Plus I’ve looked up tittle, too - had no idea!!)

Two good reasons why I love Chi.

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 19, 2021, 12:34:41 PM »
That's comforting to hear Maudland. I was fine with the first two shots so I'm thinking I'll be ok. Too bad if I'm not.. just have to suck it up! I thought the same as you about seltzer and played it anyway. I was completely surprised that it was not only accepted as a word but common as well. I find it never hurts to try words that you think might not be accepted.. you never know what you may fluke.