Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130753 times)

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #705 on: December 12, 2021, 10:30:07 PM »
Great minds think alike....but my poor brain missed the same two as Auntiemeo...go figure.
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 13, 2021, 08:34:33 AM »
I missed one headslapper, ibises. and one that I always miss, balalaika. As for kielbasa, I've certainly eaten it enough times to have its spelling jump out at me.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #707 on: December 13, 2021, 03:23:42 PM »
HJ (Jancsika) heads up the group of seven of us who achieved rosetteer status, the others being Maudland, doxydaisy, Roddles, ozzyjune, ozzyjack and my own good self; though I MESSILY managed to avoid one of two near MISSES a couple of hours short of deadline… It’s quite odd: the words that take the longest to find can often be so obvious in retrospect! ???

auntiemo came up two short, closely followed by dragonman and rogue_mother on twenty seven. yelnats and vizal scored twenty six…

blackrockrose was MIA yet again (hasn’t played 7bm in three days - since the Bassoonist/Bastion/Botanist puzzle) – if anyone has direct contact with her, would they be able to check that she is OK please???

doxydaisy added to her rosette with a maven score and rogue_mother also achieved a maven - well done both of you...  ;D ;D ;D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #708 on: December 13, 2021, 10:31:48 PM »
Thank you for your concern RTT. I'm OK but struggling with my internet connection. My modem was fried by a series of electrical storms (or, more likely, just one of them) and I'm waiting for Optus to deliver a new one. Muswellbrook is not exactly a 'next day delivery' area.

Unfortunately, I'm used to working with a big screen and an old-fashioned keyboard, so it's no use my trying to play Chi on a phone. I am managing to do some work (freelance writing) on my computer by using my phone as a mobile hotspot, but it chews up a lot of phone data.

But I'm going to be wicked and use some data to play today's 7-by-many.

It may be a couple of days yet before I'm properly back on air.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 14, 2021, 08:44:52 AM »
The puzzles for the past few days have me struggling to get even close to being a rosettenear lol. At least  I made it to Maven this time. I missed smell, minimise and slimline. Smell was a headslapper, the others not so much. Although I did try to look for British spellings, it didn't work out this time. Congrats to all you rosetteers!

BRR, it sounds like you need for Santa to bring you a UPS (uninterruptible power supply), especially since your livelihood depends on a good computer connection. Our modem, our wifi router and two computers are protected from power surges and intermittent loss of power. I talked my dad into one many years ago, and it saved his computer when a lightning strike within a hundred feet of his home fried everything else electric.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #710 on: December 14, 2021, 03:34:03 PM »
Woo hoo!!! Another rosette, with rogue_mother, Maudland, ozzyjune, ozzyjack and Roddles joining me in the rosetteer's club. With one word to go, my heart was almost not in it and then I got ANGINA!  ;) ;) ;)

There were three rosettenears comprising doxydaisy, dragonman and yelnats all not quite managing to crack the fifty mark - close but no cigar...

Jancsika (HJ) was two short with blackrockrose (welcome back black) and ozzyjune one further back on forty seven. vizal was five off the pace on forty five. and then there came a big gap to ozzyjack on thirty nine (possibly in an homage to Hitchcock???)...

rogue_mother, dragonman, doxydaisy and myself all managed maven status with rogue_mother squeaking into the top ten!!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 05:56:56 PM by ridethetalk »
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #711 on: December 14, 2021, 03:46:20 PM »
I'm lacking vitamins,  niacin in particular and it's one I regularly miss.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 14, 2021, 04:05:38 PM »
My iPad tells me Roddles got a rosette
Regards, Jack

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 14, 2021, 04:08:38 PM »
"Manning" and "acing" ....

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #714 on: December 14, 2021, 05:53:14 PM »
My iPad tells me Roddles got a rosette

...and so did you and June apparently!  ??? I clicked the rare button twice to refresh it - it looks like I will have to exit the puzzle completely and come back in to make sure the scores are up-to-date...   :o :o :o

I'll update the original to reflect the changes.  :-\ :-\ :-\ Dang! There goes my reference to Hitchcock - this is making me Psycho!!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 05:59:37 PM by ridethetalk »

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #715 on: December 14, 2021, 06:14:07 PM »
The Rare button won't necessarily refresh the score. Better to click on this one, next to it:
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 14, 2021, 06:17:52 PM »
Imagine missing imagining. Congrats to all the rosetters .. well done!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #717 on: December 14, 2021, 08:34:29 PM »
The Rare button won't necessarily refresh the score. Better to click on this one, next to it:

I had been using that one before Jack alerted me to the problem; I started going to a different puzzle, then coming back - this seems to work but then, I thought, why not try the rare button twice which made the message at the bottom say "Scores updated seconds ago" which I assumed meant it had worked. No such luck apparently...  :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 08:43:30 PM by ridethetalk »

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 14, 2021, 08:54:58 PM »
I missed GAGGING although I played GAGING...more haste, less speed methinks
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 15, 2021, 08:16:38 AM »
Pretty happy to be numbered among the rosetteers today. The final common was really nagging at the back of my mind.