Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130774 times)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #615 on: November 30, 2021, 11:33:53 AM »
Congratulations to Doxydaisy, Auntiemo and indeed to anyone who managed to find TENANTRY, unlike me!

Snap! And I agree - well done, rosetteers! That was a tough one …
Hope your tech woes are sorted now, John.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #616 on: November 30, 2021, 02:23:59 PM »
Thanks Maudland - they are, but it was a tough day's work. In the end, I had the back off the laptop - I don't do that too often...

ANYWAY, I missed 4 words and TENANTRY was amongst them as I played NANNY to my laptop. Even though I found I could TEARAWAY from the troubleshooting occasionally to feed my addiction to a certain internet-based word game!  ;) ;) ;)

The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #617 on: November 30, 2021, 03:04:52 PM »
Congratulations must go to ozzyjune, Jancsika, doxydaisy, dragonman, Roddles, ozzyjack and Maudland who all managed rosettes today!!! In a low word-count game with just one vowel (we won’t count the pseudo-vowel “y”), to get them all is quite an achievement!

Commiserations to auntiemo who was so close – I wonder which word stopped you from joining the rosetteers?

My own attempt fell two words short and I was joined there by Binkie and rogue_mother. Kicking myself over SALSA but not so surprised over having missed ABYSSAL!!!

Next in line at 23 words found (three short) was blackrockrose followed another word back by vizal with yelnats one further back again on twenty one.

At this point, I would also like to tell anyone else who plays the 7bm puzzle that the only condition of entry in this forum post is to contribute to it – everyone is welcome!  ;D ;D ;D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 30, 2021, 03:25:23 PM »
The word I missed was "balsa"....
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #619 on: November 30, 2021, 03:28:17 PM »
Like many others I missed abyssal, but then I didn't get abyss either. Balsa was the other one I missed – should have got it as an anagram of basal.

Oh well , there's always today . . . and tomorrow.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 01, 2021, 12:36:14 PM »
My lack of a rosette for this puzzle was most abysmal. That is to say, I missed both abyss and abyssal. Embarrassing to miss abyss, but I have never, to my recollection, seen abyssal.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #621 on: December 01, 2021, 01:28:11 PM »
My lack of a rosette for this puzzle was most abysmal. That is to say, I missed both abyss and abyssal. Embarrassing to miss abyss, but I have never, to my recollection, seen abyssal.

Snap!!!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #622 on: December 01, 2021, 05:04:47 PM »
Today's rosetteers included from amongst our group dragonman (on a double now), doxydaisy (it's getting to be a habit!), Maudland (also on a double) and ozzyjack(also on a double now) - it looks like everyone's been taking salts as they're on runs...  ;)

Roddles, rogue_mother and ozzyjune were on 28 common words - just one off a rosette (maybe we should call them rosettenears!)

blackrockrose, no matter how tall you are, was 2 short! ;) Jancsika and auntiemo were three back.

yelnats and I were 4 back - my words, FWIW, were the twin FETUS/FETUSES, SUFFUSE and TESTIFIES...

vizal came in at 22 words found, just 7 off the pace.

rogue_mother scored well overall being third on the leaderboard with at least a maven to her credit!

ozzyjack (44) and dragonman (42) also managed maven status - well done to you all...

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 01, 2021, 06:39:10 PM »
And well done to you John for your humorous and entertaining comments on players' achievements. I think Les would be chuffed that you are continuing the 7bm club that he started.

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 01, 2021, 08:09:35 PM »
"Fetus" and "fetuses" for me too. I also missed "fifties' (surprising, given that I'm in them!)

Regarding "abyssal" I admit I only entered it as a long shot during a bout of Last Word Syndrome: for once it paid off!

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 01, 2021, 10:00:59 PM »
Fetus, fetuses and fifties for me too!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 02, 2021, 07:02:38 AM »
She congratulates all the rosette-getters, whereupon she testifies that she was not among them.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #627 on: December 02, 2021, 03:43:31 PM »
Rosetteers for today included Binkie (still not sure if she is monitoring this forum thread), yelnats, dragonman and Roddles - well done one and all!!!

Rosettenears were myself, Jancsika, Maudland and blackrockrose - close but no cigar...  :o :o :o One might say I COYLY avoided joining the rosetteers!!!  :-P

ozzyjune and rogue_mother were next on 22 common words (and obviously two short) whilst doxydaisy was one further back with her run over (I hope she recovers soon...)

vizal scored 19 common words with auntiemo chasing him down on eighteen. ozzyjack was nowhere to be seen on fifteen - your rebuses seem to have left the station, Jack!!! (It seems I was premature on declaring Jack's score as he actually scored 21 which puts him on par with doxydaisy in today's game - quite a good late run Jack!)

Again, I say to anyone following this thread - the only price of entry is contributing...  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 01:37:45 AM by ridethetalk »

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 02, 2021, 04:15:35 PM »
Well it's a thin line between rosetteer and rosettenear (literally lol btw) and mine was caused by CANOLA, yet another"common" word that I didn't know; one to put away for future reference!

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 02, 2021, 06:40:47 PM »
Unfortunatley work and tiredness is taking its toll. I simply didn't finish the puzzle and missed coyly, lolly and nobly. Well done to everyone else!