Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129504 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #600 on: November 27, 2021, 03:11:49 PM »
I hope that Chihuahua is not giving me a character analysis of my inadequacies in the two words I missed - excellence and innocence.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #601 on: November 27, 2021, 03:35:10 PM »
You're not Robinson Crusoe there Jack...  :P

They weren't the only fairly obvious (in retrospect) words missing from my list!!!

Doxydaisy was back in form today, together with blackrockrose, Binkie, dragonman, Jancsika, Roddles and Maudland (who I guess you could say, is on a roll now - I hope I haven't just mozzed you Maud)  ;D

ozzyjune missed by one with her partner in crime, ozzyjack, together with rogue_mother one further back on nineteen - all creditable performances...

yelnats just missed out on being in that bunch with common eighteen words found and then there was a big gap to myself and vizal who scored fifteen hard won words extracted...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 28, 2021, 11:58:01 AM »
Dagnamnit, what’s my last word?!?!
At least I can blame Hexer John!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #603 on: November 28, 2021, 12:23:25 PM »
Dagnamnit, what’s my last word?!?!
At least I can blame Hexer John!

What do you mean? I said:
(who I guess you could say, is on a roll now - I hope I haven't just mozzed you Maud)  ;D
...and, anyway, I've got just one to go as well!
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 28, 2021, 12:44:07 PM »
It’s always good to blame something / someone rather than my own brain though!  >:D
But - yippee, found it at last! (The old walking away trick.)

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 28, 2021, 01:46:46 PM »
Well done Maudland  :-) Come on John.. you can do it!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #606 on: November 28, 2021, 03:56:42 PM »
No I can't, my SENSELESSNESS prevented me!!!  :'( I managed a maven but I would have traded that for some less senselessness...

Doxydaisy is back in the game; Maudland joined her on 44 common words; Roddles, ozzyjune and I were left staring into the abyss and the abyss refused to answer!

Two words off the mark saw Jancsika (HJ), dragonman and rogue_mother wondering where they'd gone wrong...

yelnats managed 39 words and blackrockrose, 37, with ozzyjack clocking in at 36 and vizal, 34.

I think it was a tough set of letters - let's hope today's is better...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 03:59:13 PM by ridethetalk »

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 28, 2021, 07:31:47 PM »
Until today I never had cause to wonder what the plural of "lasso" might be. Now I  know!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #608 on: November 28, 2021, 07:49:10 PM »
Until today I never had cause to wonder what the plural of "lasso" might be. Now I  know!

It's actually a verb i.e. the act of lassoing something as in "The cowboy lassoes the steer, bringing it to the ground."

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 28, 2021, 07:56:41 PM »
Yes, that makes sense, so thanks!

(Although until today I'd never had cause to wonder what the 3rd person singular of the verb "lasso " was either!)

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 28, 2021, 08:50:35 PM »
SENSELESSLY and SENSELESSNESS caught me out....grrr
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 28, 2021, 11:32:47 PM »
That’s a phenomenal score though, John - 7th on the board!

I spent a good while checking -lesses and -nesses, trying to find that elusive Last Word. (Been caught out there before and no doubt will be again.) And tried a few random -es words too, so caught LASSOES. And what was my last word? ANALYSE  :-R A word I use most days.

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 29, 2021, 06:23:11 PM »
Congratulations to Doxydaisy, Auntiemo and indeed to anyone who managed to find TENANTRY, unlike me!

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 29, 2021, 06:30:09 PM »
I admit to holding back the "y" and just clicking shuffle over and over again until something caught my eye! Not a word I would ever have thought of. Maybe it's cheating to some players....
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #614 on: November 29, 2021, 10:51:34 PM »
Sorry all - been having computer problems...

You know what they say "To err is human, to really stuff things up you need a computer" ...