Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 131064 times)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2835 on: April 01, 2023, 09:09:25 AM »
During the height of the hippie era of the sixties, I stood only at the peripheries of their world. Or was that the Haight-Ashbury?
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: April 01, 2023, 09:59:55 AM »
Prissier was beyond the peripheries of my mind.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2837 on: April 01, 2023, 03:15:23 PM »
Just thirty common words today resulted in quite a few rosetteers amongst our coterie: ozzyjune led off with Maudland, dragonman, Roddles and ozzyjack following on behind – well done all!!! 👏👏👏

Next, on twenty eight commons found and so becoming two short, we find blackrockrose, Jancsika and 2dognight…

Scouser1952 and rogue_mother were just one common word behind them on twenty six making them three off the pace while, on twenty six commons, we find yelnats…

A further common word behind him, on twenty five, we have vizal and me… With Hawaii (ALOHA!) being a volcanically active region, you may wish to visit a HELLHOLE though I would say HELLO to such a place using a TELEPHOTO lens while attending to my HOTPOT…

Lastly but by no means leastly, we have auntiemo on eighteen while doxydaisy was again MIA…

Mavenhood starts at forty eight and our two mavens were also rosetteers – excellent work ozzyjack* and dragonman*!!! 😎😎😎🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: April 02, 2023, 01:02:39 PM »
I had publically vowed to teetotal, but a spy used a telephoto lens to report that that wasn't tea in my teapot.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2839 on: April 02, 2023, 02:23:54 PM »
With forty three common words on offer, we had seven 7beamers take up that offer – congrats to our rosetteers: 2dognight, dragonman, auntiemo, rogue_mother, Roddles and ozzys June and Jack!!! 👏👏👏

Having the answer to life, the universe and everything won’t grant you a rosette today as our sole rosettenear, blackrockrose, knows only too well!!!

Two of our 7beamers, yelnats and Maudland, were three off the mark while Jancsika was all alone (😥😥😥) on four off the pace…

I was next on one of my favourite numbers, (though that is not why I stopped there) thirty seven… HEATHER the HEATHEN decided to THWART any chance I had to go to THEATER, even if it was a  THEATRE dedicated to Edward HEATH…

Next was Scouser1952 on thirty five commons while vizal found thirty three but not, I notice, the common seed word…  Waterhens must be more familiar to him than earthenware!!! Again we find doxydaisy was a non-starter… 😥😥😥

Fifty nine words will afford you your mavenhood which ozzyjack*, 2dognight*, blackrockrose, auntiemo*, dragonman* and rogue_mother* obviously had the resources to acquire… Well done you!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2840 on: April 03, 2023, 02:24:31 PM »
Thirty seven common words (that prime number I’ve written about before) gets you a rosette in today’s polluter/poulterer puzzle with dragonman leading the way amongst our coterie of rosetteers with myself and ozzys June and Jack following on behind… Well done us!!! 👏👏👏

On thirty six commons, and hence missing by one, are our rosettenears 2dognight, yelnats, Roddles, blackrockrose and Maudland…

Being two short was the sole domain of rogue_mother amongst our crew as she found thirty five commons the best she could do…

By contrast, auntiemo avoided being two short by being three off the pace while Jancsika, with a score of thirty three, was four off the mark…

Next came Scouser1952 on thirty two followed by vizal on twenty eight which leaves just doxydaisy as MIA…

Sixty nine words will herald a maven score for you with mavenhood achieved by rogue_mother, dragonman*, yours truly*, 2dognight, ozzyjack* and Roddles… Nice work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2841 on: April 03, 2023, 04:44:56 PM »
Thank goodness for the definition of poulter in the 7-by-many as it gave me the other seed word and my final common word - not sure whether poulterer should really be considered common, though...  :-P :-P :-P

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: April 04, 2023, 01:08:54 AM »
Color me purple after I lost at roulette.

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: April 04, 2023, 01:12:28 AM »
Thank goodness for the definition of poulter in the 7-by-many as it gave me the other seed word and my final common word - not sure whether poulterer should really be considered common, though...  :-P :-P :-P

The same for me. I never would have gotten poulterer if I hadn't guessed blindly at poulter and then looked up the definition.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: April 04, 2023, 09:11:59 AM »
Who are you calling a TROLLOP???

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2845 on: April 04, 2023, 02:39:14 PM »
Just twenty five common words required to become a rosetteer today with blackrockrose (third cab off the rank!), 2dognight, Jancsika, Roddles and ozzyjune all having the wherewithal to achieve that goal!!! Well done you!!! 👏👏👏

Two dozen commons makes you a rosettenear and dragonman, rogue_mother, Maudland, yours truly and ozzyjack all missed by that smallest of margins… I don’t mean to be CALLUS but shouldn’t there be an ‘o’ in there somewhere??? 😉😉😉

Next were yelnats, vizal and auntiemo all with twenty three commons uncovered making them two short…

Meanwhile Scouser1952 found fourteen commons and doxydaisy remains our only 7beamer MIA…

The stars on forty five (or over) will find themselves with their mavenhood intact – isn’t that so rogue_mother, dragonman, ozzyjack and 2dognight*??? 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity and today that is the province of Carol (2dognight) alone… 🎉🎉🎉

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: April 04, 2023, 03:04:50 PM »
The callus on my hand was caused by spending a lot of  time  rowing the scull.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: April 04, 2023, 05:31:52 PM »
I managed to get a rosette with no mistakes and no rare words so I felt quite chuffed.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: April 04, 2023, 05:54:07 PM »
Silica quartzed me out.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2849 on: April 04, 2023, 05:55:18 PM »
I managed to get a rosette with no mistakes and no rare words so I felt quite chuffed.

Sorry I missed that HJ, kudos to you!!! 🙏🙏🙏