Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 131538 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2820 on: March 27, 2023, 03:22:14 PM »
Four dozen common words to be found today with six rosetteers from our coterie – nice work Maudland, dragonman, Roddles, rogue_mother and ozzys June and Jack!!! 👏👏👏

Jancsika was our only rosettenear having found forty seven of those forty eight common words – so close and yet so far…

Clad again in my ballerina gear, I joined 2dognight in being two two short with forty six commons located… With the EFFUSE of the food dye, a red colour started to SUFFUSE the entire sponge mix heralding the creation of the third layer of the Neapolitan cake…

Next on forty four commons we have yelnats and blackrockrose while auntiemo joined the fun on thirty eight followed fairly closely by vizal on thirty six…

Meanwhile, Scouser1952 decided to find both common seed words before skedaddling and doxydaisy was our only MIA member…

Sixty six words will nett you your mavenhood which was de rigeur for yours truly, rogue_mother*, ozzyjack*, 2dognight, Roddles*, dragonman* and ozzyjune!!! Well done all!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: March 27, 2023, 07:00:36 PM »
I missed the American spelling of sulfur. Elementary mistake!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2822 on: March 27, 2023, 07:19:11 PM »
I missed the American spelling of sulfur. Elementary mistake!

Hoho... My dear Watson...  ;) ;) ;)
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2823 on: March 28, 2023, 03:27:06 PM »
A fifty two common word puzzle presents its own problems so it’s great to see that, out of the eleven rosettes awarded, auntiemo and ozzys June and Jack managed to grab three of them – excellent work!!! 👏👏👏

It must have been disappointing for blackrockrose to miss out on that by a single word but she will have to make do with being a rosettenear…

Joining rogue_mother on fifty commons extracted, I have maintained my ballerina pose with us being two two short… The LIBELLER, by virtue of making an unsupported attack, shows just how much FEEBLER he can be…

Three off the mark, on forty nine, we find dragonman and Jancsika closely followed by yelnats on forty eight…

Two further back, on forty six, we find vizal joining the fun and games…

Scouser1952 decided that being sweet sixteen was too desirable while Roddles found nine and 2dognight chose discretion as being the better part of valour after extracting the seed word… Meanwhile, Maudland joined doxydaisy in being MIA…

The threshold was seventy seven words for mavenhood and rogue_mother, ozzyjack*auntiemo*, dragonman, yours truly, blackrockrose and ozzyjune all stepped up to the plate – great work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: March 29, 2023, 12:19:47 AM »
It's going to take more than bribery to get me to accept that the bilberry is widely known in the United States.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: March 29, 2023, 03:47:33 PM »
Somethings Amiss, I couldn't get the Sinuous Assassin by Osmosis.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2826 on: March 29, 2023, 03:57:32 PM »
Three hundred and fifty five players – six people found all thirty four commons to score rosettes and not a rosetteer amongst our coterie… 😥😥😥

Gareth (dragonman) did us proud to score a solo rosettenear from our 7beamer crew…

Three 7beamers were two short today (& I wasn’t amongst them!) – 2dognight, auntiemo and ozzyjune all found thirty two commons…

The same number found thirty one common words – Roddles, Maudland and rogue_mother – making them three off the mark…

Another three found thirty – Jancsika, blackrockrose and ozzyjack – putting them two ahead of yours truly on twenty eight commons… My MISSUS was, at a MINIMUM, subject to a MANIA, perhaps even a MONOMANIA, that made her responsive to SUASION of the existence of a NUMINOUS deity…

Two further back, vizal joined the party on twenty six while two further back from him was yelnats on twenty four…

Meanwhile Scouser1952 found eleven and doxydaisy was MIA…

Fifty three words is where the marker was set for mavenhood which dragonman, ozzyjack and rogue_mother all were capable of achieving… Nice job!!! 😎😎😎

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: March 29, 2023, 07:28:15 PM »
Coincidence....I too am responsive to suasion of the existence of a numinous deity!!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: March 29, 2023, 09:42:11 PM »
I should have joined the UNION

You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: March 30, 2023, 02:03:31 PM »
Perhaps I, too, might have been responsive to suasion of the existence of a numinous deity, but I was distracted by the possibility of animism.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2830 on: March 30, 2023, 05:43:29 PM »
Well done Gareth (dragonman) for finding all sixty three common words and being one of only eight rosetteers from a total of three hundred and forty nine players!!! That’s a big challenge in a 7beamer game!!! 👏👏👏

Meanwhile, auntiemo found all but one of the common words making her a rosettenear – how frustrating!!! What word was your downfall, Moyra???

Next was rogue_mother on sixty, three off the mark with ozzyjune and I following on so closely on fifty nine commons… Having UNNEEDED problems with his URETER, the GUNRUNNER was TUTTED by his urologist for getting himself totally blotto before being fitted for a catheter…

We were closely chased by blackrockrose and Jancsika on fifty eight with yelnats a further four back on fifty four…

Next were vizal on forty nine with 2dognight, ozzyjack, Scouser1952 and Roddles all deciding discretion to be the better part of valour after finding the seed word!!! Again, we find doxydaisy difficult to find as she was MIA…

An even century was necessary to score your mavenhood with rogue_mother, yours truly, auntiemo, ozzyjune, blackrockrose and dragonman* all doing what was required for this achievement!!! Great work everyone!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity and this particular achievement was awarded to Gareth (dragonman) as the only one of our coterie to do so… 🎉🎉🎉

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: March 30, 2023, 06:54:51 PM »
The downturn of being a returnee, is that we sometimes fail to see that which may previously have been obvious!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: March 31, 2023, 07:03:04 AM »
If I had uttered RTT's sentence using the word ureter out loud, this would have been followed by an utter cacophony of uncontrollable laughter.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: March 31, 2023, 03:34:08 PM »
The status of Peeresses is outside the peripheries of discussions about the Republic.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2834 on: March 31, 2023, 03:54:51 PM »
Three hundred and fifty nine players; nine rosettes overall and forty four common words – a challenge indeed for our coterie of 7beamers and one which we, unfortunately, failed… 😥😥😥

Our best efforts were from 2dognight and ozzyjune who, with forty three commons discovered, put themselves into rosettenears status…

With the answer to life, the universe and everything we have a bunch of 7beamers who have all somehow become two short – yours truly, dragonman, rogue_mother, Roddles and ozzyjack… For my money, anyone who aspires to be a PEERESS amongst PEERESSES must, of necessity, be willing to promote equality in all strata of society…

Meanwhile, blackrockrose and Maudland found forty one commons putting them one behind the aforesaid group and making them three off the mark…

They were closely followed by Jancsika on two score commons who, in turn, was closely followed by vizal on thirty nine…

Giving them a “hurry up” were yelnats and auntiemo on thirty eight while congrats must go to Scouser1952 who was twenty one today… What has happened to doxydaisy??? It seems like forever since we saw her on the scoreboard – I trust she is OK…

Sixty five words is the benchmark for mavenhood today and I, together with 2dognight, Roddles, ozzyjack, vizal, dragonman, rogue_mother and ozzyjune, did a bench press all over that benchmark!!! Good work folks!!! 😎😎😎