Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130798 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2685 on: February 25, 2023, 09:26:15 AM »
The singular did feature in a goons song  "Ying tong yiddle I po"  ;D
Regards, Jack

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: February 25, 2023, 10:00:30 AM »
It is nearly impossible for one to finish a puzzle the soonest with a senescent brain.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: February 25, 2023, 10:23:57 AM »
Yes, my SENESCENT brain let me down too in the hunt for a rosette. 🤠

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2688 on: February 25, 2023, 11:37:48 PM »
With a high common word count and heading off to see some friends in Tolmie (a rural town in central[???] Victoria) in our new car, (  :-C :-C :-C ) I, for one, failed to find the sixty one common words needed of rosetteers – a task that rogue_mother and dragonman excelled at… Nice work!!! 👏👏👏

Next came ozzyjune with fifty nine which made her two short…

Meanwhile, Jancsika found fifty seven putting him four off the pace with blackrockrose in hot pursuit on fifty six…

Chasing her down was auntiemo on fifty five with vizal next on fifty two followed by yours truly on an even half century… Mary DOTED on the sheep HERDER even though he was FETTERED by a HOODOO. Having HOTFOOTED it away from the sorceress he had TOOTED at, after having RETORTED that she should take driving lessons, he found himself HOODOOED, a situation that TEETERED on the edge of disaster for him as his thatch ROOFED hut, which he had TOTED to his field, collapsed in upon him…

We then find yelnats on forty eight with Scouser1952 on twenty four and Roddles, ozzyjack and 2dognight all with just the common seed word… Today, Maudland joined doxydaisy in being a non-starter…

The high sixty one common word count produced a similarly high target of eight one words for mavenhood with rogue_mother*, dragonman* and ozzyjune being the star performers today… Well done you all!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉 
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: February 26, 2023, 12:52:34 AM »
whats the new car John and how did it perform? Is it living up to expectations? Do tell, ( I know your dying to )
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2690 on: February 26, 2023, 01:27:15 AM »
You're absolutely right, Gareth... It performed brilliantly and is definitely living up to expectations.  ;D ;D ;D

Just itching for the chance to talk about it - after a year of waiting, last Saturday we took delivery of what I expect will be our last vehicle - a brand new Tesla Model 3 standard range (currently the most energy efficient car in their range). We will be pensioning off our second hand Prius and I am soooo happy to no longer have to be concerned about driving to see friends and family. The Australian electricity grid is getting greener by the day and our energy provider is 100% renewably powered and that is how we will be majority charging it.

While the Tesla would not have been our #1 choice (that prize would probably have been taken by the MG4) - the thing that got the Tesla over the line was the supercharger network. Strangely enough, just as we were taking delivery, Tesla decided to open up their network to other vehicles... Doh! Tesla's supercharger network is extremely reliable and also powered by 100% renewables.

We opted for white with white interior to combat the harsh Australian sun and I hope to re-visit many of the places I rode to on my journey around Australia by pushbike in 2010, giving talks to communities on energy efficiency. I'll post pictures later.  :-C :-C :-C
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: February 26, 2023, 06:08:16 AM »
VROOM VROOM!!!   
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

Scouser1952

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: February 26, 2023, 08:07:49 AM »
I live in Bridge of Weir, West of Glasgow and Paisley, about 7 miles from Glasgow Airport, not too far from John’s area where he grew up.
In December 2021 I bought a Kia E-Niro 3 full electric. It was amazing. In Renfrewshire  the chargers for cars were and still are free of charge , so I could fully recharge my car for £0. Excellent. Indeed it was, more electric cars were sold in the following 12 months than ever, particularly in my area.
This presented a problem because the number of chargers did not increase, and owners outwith this area drove into our area to avail themselves of free charging. Trying to find an available , working charger became my mission. Mission impossible. After many early mornings or late nights ping ponging between charge stations I gave up and traded the Kia in for a PHEV which allows petrol/ electric hybrid motoring.
Renfrewshire Council will now charge for EV charging from April the new tax year, but the issue will not be resolved until more charge stations are available.
Wish I could have held on to the Kia but circumstances prevented that.
Hats off to John and the increasing number of EVs on the road wherever you may be.
Perhaps I might return to a full fat EV one day.
Tony

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #2693 on: February 26, 2023, 09:03:47 AM »
John, how long did you have to wait for your Tesla? My son has been on the waiting list for his for over a year, and there's still no delivery date in sight.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2694 on: February 26, 2023, 10:20:33 AM »
We ordered it in March last year so about 11 months which just proves the old adage: good things come to those who wait...

Gareth: we have off street parking so have installed a 32A (@230V) socket which we can use for overnight charging. At just over 7kW, this allows a charge time from empty of about 9 hours as the standard range Model 3 has a 62kWh battery which gives a Range (WLTP) of 491km - we're finding that the real-world range is a little less at about 450km or about two thirds of the way to London! We stopped last night to supercharge and needed only fifteen minutes in order to continue our trip home which gave us just enough time to find a loo and make a pitstop.  ;D ;D ;D

...and here's a photo of Sue and I at our friends' farm near Tolmie...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 03:18:49 PM by ridethetalk »

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2695 on: February 26, 2023, 03:12:51 PM »
One score and ten commons will gain you a rosette as our rosetteers (big inhale) auntiemo, 2dognight, Roddles, ozzyjune, Jancsika, dragonman, ozzyjack and Maudland know to their delight!!! Well done!!! 👏👏👏

I was joined today by doxydaisy on twenty nine and we each picked up a rosettenear for our trouble… Our new car is so new one could almost call it NEONATAL…

Today finds rogue_mother all by herself on twenty eight commons – two short by far… 😉😉😉

Scouser1952 and blackrockrose were next on twenty seven, three off the mark followed ever so closely by yelnats on twenty six who was two ahead of vizal (on twenty four)… All present today (it’s good to have you back Anne!)…

Our maven target was sixty four words and two of our rosetteers, 2dognight and dragonman, also managed mavenhood so double kudos to you both!!! 😎😎😎🎉🎉🎉

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: February 27, 2023, 01:03:12 PM »
If I were an anthropologist, I might have been more aware of heathen antenatal practices.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2697 on: February 27, 2023, 03:42:41 PM »
Did anyone else try bodyart in today’s 7bymany??? Here’s a bit of mine: – a present to myself on the celebration of my sixtieth birthday back in 2016…

A baker’s two dozen (???) – twenty five – common words will garner you a rosette as our rosetteers 2dognight, auntiemo, yours truly, dragonman, Maudland, Roddles, doxydaisy and ozzys Jack and June found out… Well done!!! 👏👏👏

With just two dozen commons you’ll get the runners-up prize of rosettenears as blackrockrose and vizal did…

Next we have our delightful ballerinas, yelnats and Jancsika, dressed in their two two shorts with twenty three commons… 😉😉😉

Meanwhile rogue_mother had twenty two of those common words making her three off the mark while Scouser1952 found six before finding other things to do…

Mavenhood can be got for the price of thirty five words which appeared to be eminently doable by ozzyjack*, doxydaisy*, 2dognight*, rogue_mother, auntiemo*, dragonman*, yours truly* and ozzyjune*… Good work everyone!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #2698 on: February 27, 2023, 05:32:53 PM »
I missed out on a rosette because I was led down a BYROAD.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2699 on: February 27, 2023, 09:40:37 PM »
I missed out on a rosette because I was led down a BYROAD.

BYROAD was my final common and it surprised me that it was...  :o :o :o