Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130980 times)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2580 on: February 01, 2023, 04:03:32 PM »
If I'd taken the potion, I may have been in the tiptop condition that appears to have been required to find yesterday's rosette.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: February 01, 2023, 05:59:46 PM »
I failed to get pontiff. Well, no-one's infallible..  ;D

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: February 01, 2023, 08:37:51 PM »
I didn’t manage to leave a FOOTPRINT.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2583 on: February 02, 2023, 03:57:06 PM »
Congratulations all you rosetteers who are twenty one today – I’m looking at you 2dognight, rogue_mother, Roddles, dragonman, auntiemo, Maudland, ozzys June and Jack and yours truly…

Another two of our coterie were rosettenears – what was the word that brought you unstuck Jancsika and vizal???

Sitting pretty on nineteen commons we find yelnats who was two short by far to rise to the heights of a rosette…

On an even dozen words we find Scouser1952 which is where our efforts end today with both blackrockrose and doxydaisy MIA…

For the first time that I can recall, we have more than one person so enthusiastic to find words that they are CHAMping at the bit to escape mavenhood by finding at least thirty two words; those CHAMpions are 2dognight*, ozzyjack* and dragonman* and all are also rosetteers… 🤩🤩🤩

Meanwhile mavenhood itself, requiring a minimum of twenty three words, was achieved by rogue_mother*, auntiemo*, vizal, ozzyjune*, yours truly*, Roddles*, Maudland*, Jancsika and yelnats… 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2584 on: February 02, 2023, 05:17:26 PM »
Infighting brought me undone.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: February 02, 2023, 06:18:37 PM »
For those of you who, unlike myself, managed to get a rosette, I'll be feting your success .

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2586 on: February 03, 2023, 03:26:54 PM »
A high common word score today of fifty nine saw just two of our number become rosetteers – well done dragonman and auntiemo on being two out of the overall thirteen out of three hundred and forty nine players!!! 👏👏👏

It was a case of so close and yet so far for 2dognight who found fifty eight commons to become a rosettenear…

Meanwhile, rogue_mother and ozzyjune got decked out as diminutive ballerinas as they were two two short…

Fifty three commons saw Jancsika on the scoreboard whilst I joined blackrockrose and yelnats on fifty two… The INTERNEE and the RETIREE, two thirds of an unholy TRINITY, decided to RETIE the LINEN, in order to facilitate their escape out the window, after TRITELY indulging in the smoked trout TERRINE which they couldn’t afford…

A dozen words off the pace was where we find ozzyjack while vizal was a further three behind him on forty four, closely followed by Roddles on forty three…

This just leaves Scouser1952 who found both the common words and then scarpered and doxydaisy and Maudland who were MIA…

A total score of ninety four or more will garner you a maven score and dragonman* and rogue_mother were the only ones able to maintain their mavenhood today… Great work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity which, in today’s puzzle, means dragonman alone – nice one Gareth!!! 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: February 04, 2023, 12:52:18 PM »
For some reason I was able to ignore the titter among the spectators for the entirety of the game.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2588 on: February 04, 2023, 03:15:52 PM »
With the common word total required being twenty three, auntiemo led off our rosetteers with 2dognight, dragonman, ozzys June and Jack and Maudland in hot pursuit… Well done all!!! 👏👏👏

Meanwhile our rosettenears were headed by Scouser1952 with rogue_mother, yours truly and Roddles following on behind… Having become a vegetarian, it has been a while since I’ve had a CUTLET and today was no exception…

With a score of a score we have blackrockrose and Jancsika while yelnats and vizal would have had eighteen had they found telecommute so had to make do with seventeen… MIA was the province of doxydaisy alone today…

To achieve maven status required thirty seven or more words which was no problem for dragonman*, 2dognight*, ozzyjack* and rogue_mother who all kept their mavenhoods in good order… Good work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #2589 on: February 04, 2023, 04:23:07 PM »
Having become a vegetarian, it has been a while since I’ve had a CUTLET and today was no exception…

Does that mean, John, that, like me, you couldn't have an OMELETTE (or even an OMELET) with your LETTUCE?

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: February 04, 2023, 04:47:29 PM »
As a long time practicioner of the  telecommute, lettuce pray that I'm a bit more self-awsre next time I get into the melee.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2591 on: February 04, 2023, 06:24:54 PM »
Does that mean, John, that, like me, you couldn't have an OMELETTE (or even an OMELET) with your LETTUCE?

Vegetarian not vegan...  :-R :-R :-R

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2592 on: February 04, 2023, 06:29:21 PM »
As a long time practitioner of the  telecommute, lettuce pray that I'm a bit more self-aware next time I get into the melee.

:-R :-R :-R

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: February 05, 2023, 09:22:02 AM »
I can't tootle my own horn today.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2594 on: February 05, 2023, 03:33:47 PM »
Taking less than half an hour to find all twenty three common words, we have blackrockrose as the first of our rosetteers today with yours truly, 2dognight, ozzyjune, dragonman, Maudland and rogue_mother in hot pursuit (I have fess up and thank my daughter for suggesting psyche without the ‘e’!!!) – good work everyone!!! 👏👏👏

Being a ‘bridesmaid’ also makes you rosettenears as Jancsika, yelnats and Roddles know with their twenty two common word haul…

Clad in their ballerina gear, we need to congratulate auntiemo and ozzyjack who are twenty one today and two two short… 😉😉😉

With a score of a score commons, which makes him three off the mark, we find vizal to be followed by Scouser1952 a further three in arrears on seventeen… MIA again today was doxydaisy…

Mavenhood doesn’t come cheap with thirty four words required but ozzyjack, yours truly*, 2dognight*, rogue_mother* and dragonman* doing what was required… Nicely done!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉