Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129535 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2505 on: January 15, 2023, 10:59:53 PM »
I didn't get salsa on my slacks.

Well, that's good...  ;D ;D ;D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: January 16, 2023, 04:36:10 AM »
The CEASELESS CLACK of the keyboard distracted me from my mission to get a rosette. Oh well - at least my transaction to get SLACKS on LEASEBACK was successful!

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #2507 on: January 16, 2023, 08:55:21 AM »
Sorry I didn't give advance warning, but I will only be participating irregularly, if at all, until 3rd February. My partner and I are on a cruise around New Zealand, and my internet access is intermittent. 

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: January 16, 2023, 09:41:55 AM »
Ooooh, have an amazing time!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: January 16, 2023, 09:47:05 AM »
My partner and I are on a cruise around New Zealand, and my internet access is intermittent.

Is this a birthday treat?  >:D  Just fishing for another date to put in my diary. :D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 09:48:47 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2510 on: January 16, 2023, 10:37:22 AM »
Have lots of fun, brr - my wife comes from the land of the "wrong white crowd"  >:D and I have many fond memories cycle touring and skiing on the other side of the ditch...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: January 16, 2023, 02:28:24 PM »
I'd like to blackball the anti-rosette gremlins, but that would require ceaseless effort.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2512 on: January 16, 2023, 03:19:45 PM »
A target of thirty common words today and several rosetteers amongst our crew with 2dognight being the third player overall to get there followed by rogue_mother, doxydaisy, dragonman, auntiemo, Maudland, Jancsika, yours truly and ozzys Jack and June - well done everyone!!! 👏👏👏

Roddles was unfortunate to miss by that smallest of margins to become a rosettenear with twenty nine of the thirty common words uncovered...

Scouser1952 found twenty eight which makes him two short (and the last thing we need is an impatient Liverpuddlian!!!) 😉😉😉

Twenty five commons saw yelnats join the fray while, a further three words back, vizal did likewise... Enjoying her cruise but MIA as a result was blackrockrose...

With forty eight words needed for that elusive mavenhood status, rogue_mother*, dragonman* and 2dognight* made getting a maven score look easy (not to mention also getting rosettes!!! DANG! I mentioned it!!!) - great work!!! 😎😎😎🎉🎉🎉 Honourable mentions to doxydaisy and ozzyjack who missed the maven score by one - does that make them mavennears???

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: January 17, 2023, 07:45:12 AM »
Even a rabbi couldn't help me this time.

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #2514 on: January 17, 2023, 10:08:06 AM »
Thank you everyone for your good wishes.

It's a delayed 50th wedding anniversary celebration from last September.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2515 on: January 17, 2023, 11:04:48 AM »

Congratulations, brr, this is a nicer time for a cruise, I'm sure...

New Zealand is a lovely part of the world and I have it on good authority that the natives are friendly...  ;D ;D ;D

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: January 17, 2023, 11:41:06 AM »
Thank you everyone for your good wishes.

Congratulations, BRR plus one!!! 🥳😍

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2517 on: January 17, 2023, 03:28:37 PM »
Congrats everyone who were on twenty one today; another good haul of rosetteers in auntiemo, 2dognight, dragonman, Roddles, Maudland, yours truly and ozzys June and Jack – an excellent effort!!! 👏👏👏

If you scored a score you’ll be one away from that elusive rosette making you a rosettenear, eh, yelnats???

While, if you found nineteen commons you’ll be two short like our diminutive Jancsika…

Meanwhile, rogue_mother was three off the mark on eighteen followed two words later by vizal and Scouser1952 on sweet sixteen with doxydaisy again joining blackrockrose as being MIA…

A half century of words will garner you mavenhood with today’s beneficiaries being rogue_mother, 2dognight*, dragonman* and myself* - good work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: January 17, 2023, 06:51:03 PM »
I'm going to have to earmark my omissions, to be ready for the next time I enter the melee.

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #2519 on: January 17, 2023, 09:10:01 PM »
I had a melee in the mallee (very oz word) but not earmark, and probably won't next time.