Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130894 times)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2475 on: January 11, 2023, 12:53:15 PM »
Keep up the good work, 7beamers! I'm still getting over my dismal performance a couple of days ago, but am still on the RADAR!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2476 on: January 11, 2023, 03:23:07 PM »
Woo hoo!!! Long time between drinks for me!!! I was concerned with two words to go and no seed word in sight…
With thirty five commons in play, we had a generous handful of rosetteers with Jancsika thumbing his nose at the challenge and 2dognight, Roddles, yours truly and ozzys June and Jack making up the fingers (albeit five)… Excellent work!!! 👏👏👏

Missing by one word were our rosettenears rogue_mother, dragonman and auntiemo – I know auntiemo missed SCHERZO, what about you Rogue and Gareth???

Next we have yelnats on an even thirty followed ever so closely by vizal and blackrockrose on twenty nine…

Joining the fun and games on eighteen we have Scouser1952 while doxydaisy and Maudland were both MIA again (though Maudland has indicated she’s fine)…

Meanwhile, with a target of fifty nine words to enable mavenhood status, dragonman, ozzyjack*, yours truly*, 2dognight* and rogue_mother all hit the bullseye!!! Great job!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #2477 on: January 11, 2023, 08:49:18 PM »
If I had thought of sorcerer I would have been 3 closer. US spelling of ochre also would have helped but cohere, just won't stick.

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: January 11, 2023, 09:35:39 PM »
The SORCERESSES made this poor old man miss out on a rosette.
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: January 12, 2023, 06:51:47 AM »
I needed a cheerer to spur me on the final victory.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2480 on: January 12, 2023, 09:15:10 AM »
I needed a cheerer to spur me on the final victory.

My final word, preceded by scherzo!!! Personally, even though I got a rosette, I found this one very challenging...  >:D >:D >:D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: January 12, 2023, 11:17:57 AM »
Somebody must have lifted the spell on me because I got Sorcerer, Sorceress,and Sorceresses just in time.
Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: January 12, 2023, 03:17:04 PM »
The assessor checked my words and refused to grant a rosette.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2483 on: January 12, 2023, 04:53:34 PM »
We really must congratulate all those who got twenty one today as they scored themselves a rosette!!! The 7beamer crew of rosetteers was led off by dragonman with Roddles and ozzys June and Jack joining him – congrats everyone!!! 👏👏👏

Becoming rosettenears today we have rogue_mother, 2dognight and auntiemo who all scored a score of commons…

I was alone in scoring nineteen amongst the 7beamer coterie which seems to make me two short yet somehow I don’t feel so short… Having sworn off flying for its carbon footprint, I will just have to SAVOR holidays in Australia rather than going OVERSEAS…

A further word back, on eighteen, were yelnats, blackrockrose, Jancsika and Maudland while vizal was just a word behind them…

Next was Scouser1952 on fourteen while doxydaisy was our only 7beamer MIA…

For mavenhood you need thirty nine words and 2dognight, dragonman*, rogue_mother, ozzyjack* and yours truly filled that need – well done all!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 05:15:29 PM by ridethetalk »

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: January 13, 2023, 02:17:46 PM »
I was thirsty for a rosette, but I couldn't find any oases.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2485 on: January 13, 2023, 03:13:56 PM »
I love the number thirty seven – for my reasons, see here… Also, today I scored a rosette (a birthday present perhaps???) when, to do so, you needed thirty seven common words – so, there’s that… Our coterie did well, as well, with 2dognight, rogue_mother, dragonman, yelnats, doxydaisy (welcome back Anne, we’ve missed you and what a stunning return!!!), ozzyjune, yours truly and ozzyjack (who just squeaked in before the bell) all being rosetteers… Congrats all!!! 👏👏👏

Three dozen common words will afford you a near miss and our rosettenear was Roddles– was civet (my last one) the word that brought you undone or was it perhaps caveat or cetacean???

Our ballerinas were in evidence today with Jancsika and auntiemo being two two short on thirty five commons extracted while blackrockrose was four off the pace on thirty three…

Next was our illustrious patron vizal on twenty eight followed by Scouser1952 on seventeen with Maudland being our only member MIA today…

The not so prime number of sixty three (though the products to make 63 are 3, 3 and 7!) was the bar to reach for mavenhood with ozzyjack*, 2dognight*, dragonman* and rogue_mother* scaling those heady heights – well done all!!! 😎😎😎 And they all also scored rosettes!!! 🎉🎉🎉

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: January 13, 2023, 03:36:30 PM »
John

« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 03:42:26 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2487 on: January 13, 2023, 03:39:42 PM »
Thanks Jack 🙏🙏🙏

doxydaisy

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: January 13, 2023, 04:09:53 PM »
A very happy birthday to you John! Wishing you a day full of laughter, good cheer and all round bloody good fun! And may that continue throughout the year along with good health, wealth and happiness!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2489 on: January 13, 2023, 06:06:08 PM »
Thanks Anne...  ;D ;D ;D