Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130903 times)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2445 on: January 05, 2023, 03:55:30 PM »
[Jancsika, having rejected what he believed to be an obscure Shakespearian stage direction on grounds of "rareness" is immediately overcome by remorse, takes the dagger and plunges it into his own heart]

FINIS

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: January 05, 2023, 04:25:45 PM »
The cosiness of achieving a rosette ossifies the players, and causes the air around the ninnies to ionise!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: January 05, 2023, 04:53:27 PM »
We demonstrated our Inefficiencies.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2448 on: January 05, 2023, 05:10:17 PM »
By the way, I was laughing and skipping in appreciation of Maudland's clever post, not my rosette!

I've created a monster!!!  >:D >:D >:D

...and, yet, you still deserve applause for a well-deserved rosette!!!  ;D ;D ;D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #2449 on: January 05, 2023, 07:52:22 PM »
Maybe my innocence was ionise(d).

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: January 06, 2023, 10:42:22 AM »
Our chemistry teacher urged us to confine our efforts to following strict scientific procedure, but we still failed to ionise water.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: January 06, 2023, 03:03:44 PM »
Aye, aye, aye! Intonation, intimation, initiation!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2452 on: January 06, 2023, 03:18:11 PM »
We had a handful of rosetteers in this thirty three common word puzzle with Roddles leading off 2dognight, Maudland, dragonman and blackrockrose – nice work!!! 👏👏👏

I know it’s frustrating to “die-in-the-hole” but, with thirty two words pocketed, at least you have the consolation prize of being rosettenears, eh, rogue_mother and Jancsika???

With thirty words under our belts, auntiemo, yours truly and ozzyjune were three short of a rosette… His MONOMANIA was all the more pronounced in INTONATION after he imbibed a cup of tea; was it the TANNIN???

Next, on twenty nine, we have yelnats and vizal followed by ozzyjack on twenty one today (congrats!!!) 😉 and Scouser1952 on eighteen and, finally, ozzymAndias who got the seed word and bid adieu… MIA again today was doxydaisy…

Just three of our number made it to mavenhood today (which required a total of at least fifty six words) with 2dognight*, dragonman* and rogue_mother being the proud recipients thereof… Great work… 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: January 06, 2023, 06:18:52 PM »

I know it’s frustrating to “die-in-the-hole” but, with thirty two words pocketed, at least you have the consolation prize of being rosettenears, eh, rogue_mother and Jancsika???

🎉🎉🎉

Yet another footnote to my 7bm career. An annotation, if you will...

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: January 07, 2023, 10:46:22 AM »

was it the TANNIN???

Yes, it was the tannin, for sure.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2455 on: January 07, 2023, 03:23:50 PM »
Thank goodness for Roddles who was our only rosetteer in this twenty six common word puzzle – you’ve salvaged our respect!!! 👏👏👏

Jancsika, Maudland and rogue_mother almost got there with twenty five common words extracted and become rosettenears as a result…

With two dozen commons to their name, 2dognight, yelnats and dragonman all find themselves two short by far for a rosette…

Meanwhile, ozzyjune and I were a further word back on twenty three, three off the pace… They sank a BOREHOLE in order to water their HELLEBORE but, by striking a pocket of gas, they created a HELLHOLE instead…

A further word back, on twenty two, we have blackrockrose while vizal and auntiemo get congratulations for being twenty one today and Scouser1952 found the seed word and beat a hasty retreat… With ozzymAndias returning home, ozzyjack joined doxydaisy as MIA today…

Forty seven words was where the bar was set to get a maven and mavenhood came easy to rogue_mother, dragonman and 2dognight… Well done you!!! 😎😎😎

jancsika

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: January 07, 2023, 07:58:34 PM »
Jancsika, Maudland and rogue_mother almost got there with twenty five common words extracted and become rosettenears as a result…

I'm equal with the ladies. Does that make me a women's libber?

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: January 07, 2023, 09:14:10 PM »
Surprisingly I missed the same 3 words as RTT....and oriole and libeller.

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: January 08, 2023, 12:33:21 AM »
My LIBBER had a BOBBLE
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: January 08, 2023, 07:29:56 AM »
Although I managed to dredge hellebore from the distant recesses of my memory, and even knew it was a plant of some sort, I'm not sure why I know it. I suspect it could be a candidate for reclassification.