Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 130752 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #2415 on: December 28, 2022, 01:19:19 AM »
I came up with my final word in bed, but was too lazy to scramble across the room, COMMANDO style, to add it …

You are aware what going commando means, aren't you Madeleine???  >:D >:D >:D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: December 28, 2022, 07:20:19 AM »
The silly thing is that while the puzzle was still live I was in Anaconda (a chain supplying sporting goods) buying some fishing gear, then went home to see if I could find that last word and still couldn't see it! Bah, humbug!

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: December 28, 2022, 10:24:57 AM »
I came up with my final word in bed, but was too lazy to scramble across the room, COMMANDO style, to add it …

You are aware what going commando means, aren't you Madeleine???  >:D >:D >:D

😂🤭

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: December 28, 2022, 03:07:30 PM »
Thanks to a big opiate hit, I was able to tiptoe across the icecap and ignore the cooties!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2419 on: December 28, 2022, 04:26:34 PM »
I don’t know about anyone else, but I kept seeing tapioca – pity it doesn’t have an ‘e’ in it… 😬😬😬
If you found twenty four common words today, you’ll have been rewarded with a rosette, just as our rosetteers 2dognight, dragonman, Roddles and ozzys Jack and June… Well done everyone!!! 👏👏👏

Sitting on twenty three and with a rosettenear clutched tightly in his hand was ozzymAndias – what word was your downfall, Andrew???

Meanwhile, I was in good company with Maudland and rogue_mother in being two short on twenty two… There was an endeavour APACE in the barracks to get rid of every last COOTIE…

Congrats go to Jancsika who was twenty one today while vizal and auntiemo were in hot pursuit on twenty with yelnats hot on their tail…

With the seed word and three other common words, Scouser1952 found better things to do with his festive break whilst blackrockrose and doxydaisy were again non-starters…

If you almost doubled the common word target you’d get forty seven words or more and score a mavenhood for your trouble just like ozzyjack*, dragonman* and 2dognight* did but would you have been so skilled to have scored the double as they did??? Nice job!!! 😎😎😎🎉🎉🎉
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: December 29, 2022, 09:38:43 AM »
Andrew has authorised me to say he didn't have a Cootie.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2421 on: December 29, 2022, 10:01:04 AM »
Andrew has authorised me to say he didn't have a Cootie.

Pleased to hear that!!!  :-P :-P :-P

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2422 on: December 29, 2022, 03:17:04 PM »
Well, we had seven rosetteers with auntiemo, 2dognight, dragonman, Roddles and ozzys June, Andrew and Jack all locating all thirty one common words in this puzzle – good job all!!! 👏👏👏

Another four of us were rosettenears on thirty commons led off by Jancsika with Maudland, rogue_mother and yours truly all missing by one… …and that may be just one of our FETISHES!!!

Meanwhile vizal was just two short (buy my book “How To Be Three Inches Taller” – and stand on it)…

With a score of twenty eight, yelnats was three off the mark while Scouser1952 joined the party on twenty three… once again blackrockrose and doxydaisy were MIA…

Thirty nine words (not steps, Hitchcock fans!) makes you a maven and mavenhood was bestowed upon ozzyjack*, 2dognight*, rogue_mother, ozzymAndias*, auntiemo*, dragonman* while Roddles* and I missed by one!!! Well done mavens!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #2423 on: December 29, 2022, 06:01:07 PM »
I'm back on deck, and I wish all 7-beamers a belated Merry Christmas and an early Happy New Year.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2424 on: December 30, 2022, 03:27:01 PM »
Fifty three common words for a rosette and eighty six words for a maven score makes for a tough puzzle but still we had three rosetteers with auntiemo and ozzys Jack and June flying the flag for us…

2dognight missed by the smallest of margins making her our only rosettenear – what word brought you unstuck???

Meanwhile, dragonman, Jancsika and Roddles (who missed the seed word) were two short with a score of fifty one commons…

One further back on an even fifty, three off the pace, we find blackrockrose making a welcome return while, on forty seven, rogue_mother, had she rushed in with Roddles above, may have got the seed word…

I was seven words short of a rosette as I suffered a bout of EERIE ENNUI yet, what was even EERIER was that the EERINESS HEREIN the NURSERIES meant I had to REHIRE the services of a mental health professional… 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Next, on forty three commons was vizal while yelnats and ozzymAndias were a further word back with the answer to life, the universe and everything but without the seed word!!!

Congrats, Scouser1952 on being twenty one today – coming of age doesn’t hold the same meaning as it did when I was growing up… MIA today were doxydaisy and Maudland…

Mavenhood was acquired by ozzyjack*, dragonman and rogue_mother which was quite the achievement – well done all… 😎😎😎 …especially ozzyjack who managed the double!!! 🎉🎉🎉

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: December 30, 2022, 11:07:00 PM »
Redlands Rules!!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: December 31, 2022, 03:04:09 PM »
Apropos of nothing, I note that 224 players got the Maven but only 18 got a maven.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #2427 on: January 01, 2023, 10:30:47 AM »
Sorry for the delay folks – New Year’s celebrations got in the way of this post – we went out to a friend’s place in Selby for our usual NYE get together – I trust everyone had as good a time as we did and wish you all a wonderful 2023…

Your target, should you have chosen to accept it, was twenty two common words for a rosette and those that didn’t find this a mission impossible were our rosetteers 2dognight, dragonman, Maudland, auntiemo, blackrockrose, Roddles, ozzys June, Andrew and Jack and rogue_mother – excellent work, y’all… 👏👏👏

Congrats to Jancsika and I as we were twenty one today and missed by that smallest of margins to make us rosettenears – strange to say, I’m not so miffed by missing out on an ENEMA!!! 😉😉😉

Sitting on twenty we find yelnats who, as a result, ends up being two short…

Next we have vizal on seventeen and then Scouser1952 on six with doxydaisy our only non-starter…

Forty six words total will afford you the honour of mavenhood which attends to ozzymAndias*, ozzyjack*, dragonman*, rogue_mother* and 2dognight* and which, funnily enough, comes with a unanimous dose of rosetteer!!! 😎🎉😎🎉😎🎉

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: January 01, 2023, 03:03:28 PM »
I made a major error in my first 7bm game of the new year!

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #2429 on: January 01, 2023, 03:41:04 PM »
I was about to do a runner before you asked me what word I had missed.

I had rerun as my second last word but on a kindle and it hadn't registered on the other tablet.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 03:54:37 PM by yelnats »