Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 131814 times)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1740 on: July 22, 2022, 09:34:35 AM »
I was short of KRONOR, too 😶‍🌫️

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1741 on: July 22, 2022, 10:19:59 AM »
My final word, FWIW...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1742 on: July 22, 2022, 02:56:12 PM »
Thirty common words today but what mystifies me is why it took me so long to find mistime… :P :P :P On to our rosetteers who extracted every single one of those thirty commons from the seed letters; they were, in order, Roddles, 2dognight, auntiemo, rogue_mother, Maudland and my own good self… Well done all!!! 👏👏👏

Getting to twenty nine and hence rosettenear status were blackrockrose, doxydaisy and dragonman and yelnats (who I missed out seeing for some unknown reason!!!) – where did you all go wrong???

Next were ozzyjune and Jancsika on twenty seven, three off the mark to be followed two words further back by vizal…

On sweet sixteen we find Scouser1952 while on nine we see ozzyjack make an appearance…

With the bar set at forty nine words total for mavenhood, clearing that bar seemed to be a piece of cake for dragonman, doxydaisy, 2dognight* and rogue_mother* - good work!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 12:30:30 AM by ridethetalk »
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #1743 on: July 22, 2022, 05:54:14 PM »
I can easily itemise where I went wrong.

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: July 22, 2022, 09:09:25 PM »
STYMIE...enough said.
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1745 on: July 22, 2022, 10:19:23 PM »
Thirty common words today but what mystifies me is why it took me so long to find mistime…

Don't blame me,  I didn't have it! And the only word I missed.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1746 on: July 23, 2022, 02:45:50 PM »
Well done our two rosetteers, 2dognight and doxydaisy, who not only got all forty two common words but also found the "answer" - 👏👏👏

Meanwhile, our rosettenears, dragonman and Maudland, will be wondering why they didn't see that word...

Falling two short on forty were rogue_mother, Roddles and ozzyjune...

On thirty nine, three off the mark, we find blackrockrose hanging out all on her own whilst I joined yelnats and Jancsika on thirty seven... It's probably quite a TELLTALE that our MUTUAL TEAMMATE was transported on a METALLED sled pulled by a MALAMUTE...

A further word back was auntiemo on thirty six followed closely by Scouser1952 on thirty five...

Joining the party on thirty one commons was vizal and ozzyjack was MIA...

Mavenhood had a high mark of sixty seven words but still dragonman, 2dognight* and rogue_mother managed to clear it... 😎😎😎 Kudos to 2dognight who scored both maven and rosette... 🎉🎉🎉
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 02:49:39 PM by ridethetalk »

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: July 24, 2022, 07:51:30 AM »
The decision not to use the umlaut was not mutual.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1748 on: July 24, 2022, 02:25:35 PM »
At just shy of fifty common words, today’s puzzle caused difficulty for many of the three hundred and thirty players but, apparently, not for our rosetteers 2dognight and dragonman!!! Great work, both of you!!! 👏👏👏

We also had three rosettenears in doxydaisy, ozzyjune and ozzyjack who all managed forty eight of the forty nine words…

There’s not much joy in being two short as both Roddles and I know to our chagrin… I am glad my partner had her AIRFARE paid for by others as currently they are so exorbitant that paying it herself would have made her somewhat less than CAREFREE!!!

Maudland was next on forty six commons extracted while auntiemo, rogue_mother and yelnats were one further back of forty five…

Forty four brought blackrockrose onto the scoreboard with Jancsika following closely on forty three…

A bit of a gap now to vizal on thirty eight followed four words further back by Scouser1952…

A hard ask for mavenhood today with ninety one words needed but ozzyjack, rogue_mother and dragonman* still managing this mark… Good job!!! 😎😎😎 Gareth was the sole 7beamer to achieve both rosette and maven… 🎉🎉🎉

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: July 25, 2022, 07:08:16 AM »
Chagrin is a good way to describe it. If I'd only reran fiance I'd have seen  fiancee!

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: July 25, 2022, 10:00:06 AM »
I can’t be CAREFREE - my CANINE (a MALAMUTE, of course) knocked over the CARAFE of my favourite wine …

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: July 25, 2022, 11:50:08 AM »
Without much fanfare, my accountant announced that he reran the numbers. There was not a franc left, thus putting an end to my carefree existence.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1752 on: July 25, 2022, 12:17:02 PM »
Without much fanfare, my accountant announced that he reran the numbers. There was not a franc left, thus putting an end to my carefree existence.

Oh dear, you need to get yourself a better accountant...  ;D ;D ;D

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1753 on: July 25, 2022, 02:09:57 PM »
Two dozen common words were needed to achieve the satisfaction of a rosette and our rosetteers were 2dognight, dragonman, doxydaisy, Roddles, Maudland, myself, ozzyjune and ozzyjack – that “woo hoo!” moment sure feels good – bask in it!!! 👏👏👏

Missing by one is not as good but at least you get a rosettenear as auntiemo, Scouser1952 and rogue_mother know only too well…

Three off the pace, and twenty one today!, saw blackrockrose, Jancsika, vizal and yelnats join the fray…

With forty one words in total required for that maven, mavenhood was bestowed upon dragonman*, rogue_mother, doxydaisy*, auntiemo, 2dognight*, ozzyjack*, Roddles*, myself* and ozzyjune* - well done all… 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: July 25, 2022, 06:17:23 PM »
Burble, burble, burble!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia