Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 131828 times)

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1680 on: July 03, 2022, 09:06:46 PM »
FISHI-bloody-NESS!

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1681 on: July 03, 2022, 09:13:35 PM »
Dang!!!  :-R :-R :-R
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1682 on: July 04, 2022, 02:23:58 PM »
Another high common-word scoring game today with fifty six common words as the target and no rosetteers in our cadre and just eight in total from the three hundred and twenty eight players!!! The closest we came was ozzyjune who scored a rosettenear with fifty five found – at one stage both she and I were near each other on the board with me playing catchup – I wonder what word was her downfall???

Surprisingly, given the high common word total, ozzyjack was next who, combined with rogue_mother, found himself two short on fifty four…

I was next on fifty three – with PEONIES in one hand and an ONIONSKIN in the other, people found it necessary to IONISE the air around them when I was near…

Maudland clocked in on fifty two while doxydaisy scored fifty one and dragonman fifty…

Three further back, on forty seven we find yelnats and blackrockrose with a further gap of three to Jancsika on forty four…

Having the answer to life, the universe and everything was enough for vizal who was followed, two further back, by auntiemo on an even forty…

Scouser1952 joined the fray on twenty nine while Roddles did so on just three which is where we wrap up our efforts for the day as 2dognight failed to make an appearance…

With ninety five words for mavenhood, ozzyjack, rogue_mother and myself were the only 7beamers able to achieve that lofty mark – well done us!!! 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: July 04, 2022, 02:27:45 PM »
More visitors...less Chihuahua time.   Back to "my normal" soon. Fingers crossed.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: July 04, 2022, 04:05:30 PM »
I’m off to Loch Ness to see if I can find Kooki and Peski.  I’ll bring a photo of Kooki back for June.
Regards, Jack

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: July 05, 2022, 03:10:54 AM »
The pinkoes were importing pekinese dogs as part of a subversive Red Chinese plot to undermine my puzzle results, and it worked!
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1686 on: July 05, 2022, 02:39:10 PM »
Well, that was a better one – with forty five commons to find, we had five rosetteers out of the fourteen awarded… Well done to 2dognight, myself, Roddles, ozzyjune and ozzyjack – good work!!! 👏👏👏

We also had three rosettenears in the guise of doxydaisy, rogue_mother and Maudland – what was the word you missed???

Coming in on forty three words, we had two two short and this applies to our ballerinas, yelnats and dragonman today…

Meanwhile, an even forty commons sees blackrockrose and Jancsika join the board while auntiemo is one further back on thirty nine…

Next in line was vizal on thirty five followed by Scouser1952 on twenty three to round out our efforts…

Seventy five words is where the bar is set today for mavenhood and rogue_mother, myself*, dragonman and 2dognight* all cleared that particular bar!!! 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity… 🎉🎉🎉

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: July 05, 2022, 03:29:30 PM »
The bureau did not permit me to get a rosette.

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #1688 on: July 05, 2022, 10:56:31 PM »
I don't think there was anyone behind me in the queue  for the barque.

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: July 06, 2022, 10:53:24 AM »
It’s barbecue season in the UK. If it’s spelt BARBEQUE, is it pronounced differently too - bar-beck? 😶‍🌫️
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 11:01:43 AM by Maudland »

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1690 on: July 06, 2022, 02:22:45 PM »
Twenty five common words is not too much to ask, right? Well, our rosetteers, 2dognight, myself and Maudland are likely to agree but our rosettenears, rogue_mother, dragonman, Roddles and Jancsika may beg to differ – well done to everyone who got this far… 👏👏👏

Being two short is understandable if you have to put up with Jack 😉, so it’s no surprise that that is where ozzyjune landed…

Sitting on twenty one today was yelnats while blackrockrose and vizal were a further two words in arrears on nineteen commons discovered…

Next off we find auntiemo on eighteen followed by ozzyjack and Scouser1952 on eleven whilst there was no sign of doxydaisy today…

Thirty nine words were required to reach the lofty heights of mavenhood and rogue_mother, dragonman and 2dognight* partook of the rarefied atmosphere up there!!! Well done… 😎😎😎 As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity so, today, that means 2dognight gets the gong!!🎉🎉🎉
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 10:40:10 AM by ridethetalk »

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: July 06, 2022, 10:04:54 PM »
Apparently I am lacking sufficient filial devotion.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1692 on: July 07, 2022, 02:22:53 PM »
Another tough high-scoring game (59 commons required!) produced very few rosettes – seven in total out of three hundred and thirty seven players – and none from our group! The best we could do was doxydaisy’s rosettenear which is nonetheless an admirable result…

Being two short today was popular from the standpoint of our coterie, with dragonman, Roddles, yelnats, myself, rogue_mother, ozzyjune and ozzyjack all finding fifty seven out of the fifty nine common words!!! My lack of knowledge meant I had to REHIRE a THEIST to fill in my understanding of things biblical…

Missing by three was the province of blackrockrose and Jancsika while vizal and auntiemo were five further back on fifty one commons uncovered…

2dognight and Maudland were nowhere to be seen but Scouser1952 got all hairy chested by finding the seed word and promptly exited… 😉😉😉

Echoing the difficulty in the common word game, the bar for maven was set at eighty five words total and, whilst clearing that bar was difficult, we did have better luck here with rogue_mother, doxydaisy, ozzyjack, myself and dragonman all getting our mavenhoods in order… 😎😎😎
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 03:35:05 PM by ridethetalk »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: July 07, 2022, 02:27:46 PM »
Successful threshes require the thirtieth stroke.
Regards, Jack

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: July 07, 2022, 03:17:14 PM »
I let out more than a few hisses when I saw that I had missed shies after finding shier and shiest.