Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129523 times)

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1665 on: June 30, 2022, 07:20:52 AM »
Indeed I am hiding in the shrubbery, RTT, until someone REBURIES that puzzle.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: June 30, 2022, 02:14:39 PM »
Well, that was a hellhole.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1667 on: June 30, 2022, 02:24:44 PM »
Well, out of three hundred and forty five competitors, there were only six rosettes and no rosetteers amongst our crew!!! ☹ However, missing by one, were three rosettenears who found forty seven of the forty eight common words – well done Maudland, ozzyjune and ozzyjack!!!

If you got forty six commons, as did dragonman, then you’re just two short!!! Meanwhile, Roddles and rogue_mother were three behind the mark on forty five and Jancsika found the answer to life, the universe and everything but not the final six common words…

I don’t want to philosophise on all the different philosophies out there but it’s not so bad to get forty one especially if you are in the lovely company of blackrockrose and yelnats as I was – of course, it would have been nice to get the last seven words but, in my case I was just happy to finally get the other two seed words in the dying minutes!!! It would have been nicer for the SPIES to give some POSIES to the SISSIES rather than hitting them with the HOSEPIPE, especially as they were HEELLESS and had to contend with SLOSHES and SPLOSHES as they walked through the knee deep water in the cellar, where the torture was to take place!!!

Checking in on thirty three commons was vizal while auntiemo did the same on twenty eight and Scouser1952 did so on twenty three!!!

A high watermark of ninety three words rewarded you with mavenhood and rogue_mother and dragonman were again our representatives in this division – well done you both!!! 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: June 30, 2022, 02:30:06 PM »
Mine was not so much "checking in" on 28, more like "checking out".
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: June 30, 2022, 02:52:43 PM »
The hippie doesn't always watch out when she sploshes through puddles, so she falls into a loophole.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: June 30, 2022, 07:37:37 PM »
SLOSHES and POSSESSES...missed adding ES to the latter and never saw the former
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: July 01, 2022, 03:16:13 AM »
Your poor sissies, RTT - they must feel so HELPLESS 😩

Scouser1952

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: July 01, 2022, 09:11:15 AM »
Why isn’t SHOELESS a common word? I’m sure we all have seen the sequel to “Sleepless in Seattle”.
I’ll get my coat….
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 09:13:42 AM by Scouser1952 »

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1673 on: July 01, 2022, 02:59:17 PM »
Well, another tough puzzle today, with all of sixty three common words needed for that elusive rosette, it will probably come as no surprise that, of the dozen rosettes overall, none were awarded to our members… The closest we came was with a rosettenear proudly garnered by rogue_mother with sixty two commons extracted from the seven troublesome letters…

Next came myself, doxydaisy, vizal, yelnats and ozzyjune on sixty one words found which makes all of us two short ☹ - it caused a great deal of embarrassment for all concerned when it was uncovered what was taken during the THEFT from the FETISHIST…

Following that small (see what I did there?)😉 grouping, we find dragonman on fifty eight followed by Jancsika and blackrockrose on fifty seven…

Finding the answer to life, the universe and everything was enough for auntiemo while Scouser1952 settled for the two common seed words and Roddles left after getting just one of them!!! No sign of 2dognight, Maudland or ozzyjack today but, with so many common words needed, who can blame them!!!

A score of eighty one words or more enables you to get your mavenhood intact and doxydaisy, rogue_mother, dragonman, myself and ozzyjune did just that – well done!!! 😎😎😎
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: July 02, 2022, 08:45:50 AM »
It may have been possible for all y'all down under and across the pond to hear me give the secret signal when I saw that the word I missed was fetter. I considered it several times and just knew that I had already played it. Doh!
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1675 on: July 02, 2022, 03:07:03 PM »
A much more achievable total of forty one common words had many more achieving a rosette and rosetteers from our clique were rogue_mother, Maudland, Roddles and ozzyjack – well done all of you!!! 👏👏👏

Missing by one and taking the runners up prize of a rosettenear were dragonman and ozzyjune – near enough is almost good enough…

Becoming two short today was doxydaisy while yelnats was three off the pace…

I missed by five or thirty six commons unearthed – you could say CIRCA four 😉 if the CATNIP did not TAINT my CATNAP which I was taking with my pet TAPIR…

Jancsika and blackrockrose were next on thirty five closely followed by auntiemo on thirty four…

Clocking in on twenty nine was vizal with Scouser1952 three further back on twenty six – 2dognight was again MIA, I trust she’s OK…

Over one hundred words for mavenhood (104) made this a particularly difficult challenge but not for the likes of ozzyjack and rogue_mother apparently… Nice work!!! 😎😎😎
Doing double duty, rosette and mavenhood, was not out of the question for either of them!!! 🎉🎉🎉

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: July 03, 2022, 02:06:34 PM »
The essence of my inefficiencies was my lack of efficiencies.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1677 on: July 03, 2022, 02:30:11 PM »
With only a dozen rosettes total, we can be proud that 25% of those came from members of our clique especially as there were almost three hundred and fifty participants in this thirty four common word puzzle. Our rosetteers were rogue_mother, Roddles and Maudland and credit to them for finding all the words!!! 👏👏👏

To get so close and still be pipped at the post can be frustrating and yelnats and dragonman, as rosettenears, must be truly annoyed by that missing word now!!!

A bunch of us were caught two short on thirty two at the closing time for the puzzle – 2dognight, auntiemo, blackrockrose, doxydaisy and myself to be precise. In essence, ozzyjack, without those EFFICIENCIES, the INEFFICIENCIES conspired to rob you of that rosette!!!

Having found thirty one commons, ozzyjune and ozzyjack were as a result three words off getting there while the next one to join the ranks was vizal on twenty eight…

Jancsika was a further word back and one behind him was Scouser1952 on twenty six to round out our attempts…

Meanwhile, with a more manageable fifty three words required for mavenhood, we find dragonman and rogue_mother* with the wherewithal amongst our crew to maintain their status… 😎😎😎
As per usual, the asterisks signify double dignity which today is restricted to rogue_mother alone… 🎉🎉🎉

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: July 03, 2022, 04:06:40 PM »
RTT...snap!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1679 on: July 03, 2022, 04:09:56 PM »
RTT...snap!

In Melbourne, that would be a cold snap...  :-R :-R :-R