Author Topic: 7 by many club  (Read 129502 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
Re: 7 by many club
« Reply #1050 on: February 07, 2022, 11:49:09 AM »
Maven was 80 - looks like doxydaisy made it too.

I got fired from that puzzle - FIREFLIES and SUREFIRE left me short, too short …

Hope you’ve had some fun trips, John!

Thanks Madeleine. 😁 That's a high bar for maven, yet still rogue_mother, doxydaisy and dragonman managed to clear it!!! Well done all of you...

This last trip was to Falls Creek (a popular ski resort here in Victoria - yes, we have snow in Australia too!!!) to see my son compete in his first mountain bike competition - he did quite well coming in twenty second out of thirty seven competitors in his (Expert) division. This was a "Gravity" event in that the timed runs were only the downhill portions even though the riders had to ascend to the starting point each time! Fortunately there were perfect conditions with the sun shining brightly even though the temperature seldom rose above 14°C and no wind (at least down in the valley where we were watching from). He only came off once 😮😮😮 which pleased us immensely as he's had a few "incidents" in the past couple of years where he's ended up in hospital with broken collar bone, multiple grazes and concussion! 😌😌😌

My mavenhood was intact, but the usurer stole my rosette.

As for you, rm, I'm glad your mavenhood is intact... 🤣🤣🤣
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 07, 2022, 12:32:53 PM »
LILIES and FISSILE left me feeling a little SURLIER than usual.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1052 on: February 07, 2022, 03:25:45 PM »
RTT, you can find out whether a player reached Maven level by hovering your mouse pointer over the player's name on the scoreboard, without clicking any button. This feature was introduced last year following discussions in the current thread.

(You need to be using a computer to do this - it doesn't work on a touch screen.)
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1053 on: February 07, 2022, 03:43:07 PM »
Thanks Alan, I hope my old brain will retain that info...  ;D ;D ;D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1054 on: February 07, 2022, 03:54:07 PM »
With twenty six common words needed to score a rosette, rosetteers were fairly common themselves 😉 – blackrockrose, 2dognight, auntiemo, Maudland and ozzyjune shared that honour today!!!

Rosettenears were in abundance as well with dragonman, doxydaisy, vizal and ozzyjack all not quite making it a rosette!!!

Roddles and I were the proud (???) purveyors of the two short tagline – it was quite TORTUOUS for me to discover that I missed ODOROUS…

One further back on twenty three commons was rogue_mother while Jancsika and ozzymAndias were another word back, four off the pace…

RL and yelnats found eighteen common words rounding out our coterie…

Mavenhood required thirty five words in total and dragonman, rogue_mother, Roddles and ozzymAndias all achieved this with alacrity – well done!!!   8) 8) 8)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 07, 2022, 04:25:06 PM »
I didn't Strut my stuff
Regards, Jack

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: February 08, 2022, 08:31:24 AM »
I was invited to tryst outdoors, but I am not the outdoorsy type. I did, however, keep my mavenhood intact ;)
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: February 08, 2022, 10:26:28 AM »
Maven was 80 - looks like doxydaisy made it too.

I got fired from that puzzle - FIREFLIES and SUREFIRE left me short, too short …

Hope you’ve had some fun trips, John!

Thanks Madeleine. 😁 That's a high bar for maven, yet still rogue_mother, doxydaisy and dragonman managed to clear it!!! Well done all of you...

This last trip was to Falls Creek (a popular ski resort here in Victoria - yes, we have snow in Australia too!!!) to see my son compete in his first mountain bike competition - he did quite well coming in twenty second out of thirty seven competitors in his (Expert) division. This was a "Gravity" event in that the timed runs were only the downhill portions even though the riders had to ascend to the starting point each time! Fortunately there were perfect conditions with the sun shining brightly even though the temperature seldom rose above 14°C and no wind (at least down in the valley where we were watching from). He only came off once 😮😮😮 which pleased us immensely as he's had a few "incidents" in the past couple of years where he's ended up in hospital with broken collar bone, multiple grazes and concussion! 😌😌😌

My mavenhood was intact, but the usurer stole my rosette.

As for you, rm, I'm glad your mavenhood is intact... 🤣🤣🤣

Sounds like a great trip, especially as no hospitals were involved! I wonder where he got his love of biking from? 🤔

RM, you were very wise to avoid that tryst and preserve your mavenhood 😂

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 08, 2022, 03:28:59 PM »
I am in STASIS because I couldn't find a TITTY.
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1059 on: February 08, 2022, 03:29:37 PM »
Thirty seven! What a prime number we have there – the twelfth! If you mirror 12 you get 21 which is the product of the digits in 37. Each digit in it is a prime as well; if you reverse the order, you have another prime, seventy three – the twenty first! In binary seventy three is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001. Hat tip to Dr. Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang Theory… 😁😁😁

As for rosetteers, we had a few: doxydaisy, dragonman, Roddles and blackrockrose – nice job all!!! ozzyjune was our sole rosettenear and also deserves congratulations…

Three of our number were two short today to reach a rosette; not even standing on tippy-toes helped 2dognight, rogue_mother and ozzyjack get there… 😮😮😮

Maudland was three off the pace on thirty four common words found while yelnats, Jancsika and vizal were one further back on thirty three…

I was next on thirty one having TIPSILY missed seeing the PAPIST in the gardens of the PALATIAL Vatican city procuring a PISTIL while keeping both my PLATYPI in STASIS…

ozzymAndias came in at twenty two and RL was MIA…

Mavenhood required a grand total of at least fifty five words and that threshold was broached by rogue_mother, doxydaisy, dragonman and ozzyjack with Roddles just missing out by one. Well done all… 👏👏👏

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: February 09, 2022, 02:21:00 AM »
I am in STASIS because I couldn't find a TITTY.

Oh, dear! The laity are in stasis because we can't decide whether to laugh or cry!

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 09, 2022, 12:35:13 PM »
Laugh, definitely laugh!

No one came to ASSIST when I SPILT my word list, so I SPLIT 😳.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #1062 on: February 09, 2022, 03:47:05 PM »
Such a tough puzzle today as evidenced by, out of 353 players only eight rosettes were achieved and unfortunately none of our crew made it into this select group. We did however get representation in the rosettenear category with rogue_mother, doxydaisy and Roddles missing by the merest of margins by finding thirty one common words… 👏👏👏

Sitting on twenty nine common words found were Jancsika, dragonman, ozzyjune and ozzyjack who, by virtue of being three short, avoided being two short… 😮😮😮

Four off the pace found a handful of 7beamers in 2dognight, blackrockrose, yelnats, Maudland and myself getting twenty eight commons. I took a SICKIE so I went to see the LICENSEE of my local CLINIC who proceeded to call me a CISSIE for taking a day off when all I had was man-flu!!!

A further two back was RL on twenty six then vizal on twenty four while ozzymAndias rounded out our cohort with a score of twenty two…

Fifty two words were necessary for mavenhood and rogue_mother and dragonman met this mark – congrats to them… 😎😎😎

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 10, 2022, 12:34:44 AM »
I kept my mavenhood in spite of having a plunging neckline.

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 10, 2022, 03:26:42 AM »
LICENSE, SICKNESSES and SENESCENECE...again
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else