Author Topic: Timer ?  (Read 1305 times)

whisky

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
Timer ?
« on: June 07, 2021, 10:14:11 AM »
My personal goal when playing Chi is to:

Achieve the best count for the game.
Including the big word.
Within 10 minutes.

I don't always get to start the game, when it commences.

It might be handy, if it is not too difficult a task, to include a 'playing time' timer.

What say ye ?

Michael

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Never give up just keep on trying
    • View Profile
Re: Timer ?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 05:31:53 PM »
I don't like your chances Michael.

A few years ago, i asked Alan to add a tiny icon on the scoreboard to highlight when a player has achieved a maven but his response was that the score board is already to cluttered.
Alan, i don't suppose that you might reconsider that request?

I think that it is easy enough for a player to time themselves.
And of course some players ( myself included ) will sometimes leave a game open for hours, only returning to it occasionally, perhaps during ad breaks on the telly, between completing chores around the home or between horse races.

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 08:14:49 PM »
If I start a chi game at the turnover time, I’m often in front on common words till I get down to the last one or two and then I get a bit panicky! Sounds silly, doesn’t it, and before I know it, Rhino has surged ahead with a rosette and however long later I’ll see SLOE or ELSE and finally get there!
We play a game in the family called Panic, where you have to name things with a buzzer going on in the background. It’s quite fun and there’s something about a timer that just ramps everything up a level or ten. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea but it could be fun for those who can hold their nerve!
Late blooming azaleas tricked by the warmer weather into flowering

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 03:43:45 PM »
There have been a couple of previous discussions of similar ideas. See here and here.

Possibly worth some further consideration.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites