Author Topic: Chi puzzle books from Amazon Australia  (Read 1138 times)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chi puzzle books from Amazon Australia
« on: June 01, 2021, 02:27:13 PM »
Amazon has recently started selling some of the Chihuahua books directly from its Australian web site, https://www.amazon.com.au/. These books are now printed in Australia, and should be shipped faster and cheaper than previously.

For example the 7-by-many book, volume 4, released a couple of weeks ago, is selling for $A10.95 and is shipped from Amazon Australia:

Contrast this with the previous volume, selling for $A18.81 and shipped from the UK.

Eventually all the Chi books should be shipped from Australia, but there is a delay in extending this system to books printed on cream paper. I'm guessing the paper stock is imported into Australia, and is affected by Covid-related delays. This "cream" paper is very pale, and I switched to it a few years ago because I liked the look of it better than the white paper, which is a very stark white, similar to photocopy paper. However the difference is subtle, so I've specified white paper for the last couple of titles I've released.

The result is that, at present, earlier books and some very recent ones are being printed and shipped from Australia to customers of Amazon AU. So Aussie forumites planning to buy a Chi puzzle book should make sure they check out the local Amazon site as a possible source.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites