Author Topic: Ogress  (Read 490 times)

lilys field

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
Ogress
« on: May 03, 2021, 11:38:27 AM »
How delightful to learn that this is a word.
I cannot wait to transmogrify.

Ye Olde Crone

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Re: Ogress
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 08:01:03 PM »
It is a cute word! I like it when I can play igloo too! It's funny when sometimes just a really different word can give you a thrill.
Quite often when I play Scrabble, I play the sexy word but not the highest scoring word, just cause there's more to a game than the score.
Hilarious me saying that cause my husband regularly says that I don't play games for fun, but not true. I play to do my best and enjoy it.
Actually I've worked out I just can't play against people who don't care if they win and don't try their best.
Anyway I think ogress would apply to me playing a game!
Late blooming azaleas tricked by the warmer weather into flowering

lilys field

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 05:11:21 AM »
Jacki,  I think Chi attracts a broad enough spectrum of gamers, with varying attitudes toward the play and  personal satisfactions and rewards. It yields a lot of riches of fact and imagination. I bet there are others, who like me, enjoy speculating about the people and personas represented by user names. There’s so much material to mull over in the Forum.  I so enjoy reading the exchanges among non-US forumites and being slightly befuddled by their English. Thanks to forum postings,my appreciation of the beauty of birds and insects has deepened. I,ve gotten a glimpse into slices of Thai culture. Learn about what my British cousins munch for lunch.  Laughed at the cartoons.had my spirits lifted by the pictures of dogs cared for by humans

For the most part, I’m a casual player. In my entire career here, I’ve garnered a stunning two rosettes.  I think. I just really love being here .

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 10:18:29 AM »
Well said! I get the giggles too at witty posts and learn so much. We're a pretty good bunch.
Late blooming azaleas tricked by the warmer weather into flowering