Author Topic: The MARASCHINO ten letter game  (Read 830 times)

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
The MARASCHINO ten letter game
« on: April 27, 2021, 08:08:12 PM »
So hard!! Seriously SHAMANIC is classed as common? Really rolls off your tongue once every fifty years. The others I missed I can swallow but SHAMANIC, uh uh.  Anyway you live and learn with Chi!!
Late blooming azaleas tricked by the warmer weather into flowering

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: The MARASCHINO ten letter game
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 08:57:45 PM »
I agree! A really hard one especially for a more moderate level player like myself. I did get the big word (for once) but only because the novel I was reading that day had a chef making a maraschino foam! He failed to make it properly but he did make me feel a bit smug.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 11:15:14 PM »
I hesitate to ask what maraschino foam is Christine!  I haven't been watching enough Masterchef clearly :laugh:
Sadly I didn't get maraschino or spelunker yesterday. A lean day for me :( I've come across maraschino cherries but I've never heard of spelunker.
As Jacki rightly says you live & learn with Chi!
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 11:49:10 PM »
Hi Penny
my knowledge of maraschinos only extended to them being placed on a cocktail stick and laid over the glass of snowball my grans and great aunts had at Xmas until reading that novel. I think the author was taking  the mick out of fancy menus!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 01:06:12 AM »
Oh heavens Christine that brings back some memories!  My Mum & Dad ran a village pub many moons ago & snowballs were very popular in the 1970s!  Somebody needs to take the mick out of some of these poncy chefs :-R love it!
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...