Author Topic: Is there anybody there?  (Read 3957 times)

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
Is there anybody there?
« on: March 25, 2007, 10:32:42 AM »
Hello all,
just a quickie to say hello really..nothing new has been added for a couple of days and i was starting to wonder if there was anybody there?   :(
Regards to all, and a welcome to any new forum readers...

Technomc

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is there anybody there?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 11:14:44 AM »
Well, I'm here, Technomc. Hi!

When the forum had just started up, I would get apprehensive whenever there had been no posting for a day or so, and I would jump in to fill up the vacuum with some snippet or question. But then, sometimes, there would be little or no response, so it was starting to look like a blog rather than a forum.

And then again, at other times there's an animated discussion among some of the regular visitors without me taking much part in it.

So now, I mainly just let things sort themselves out, and respond when appropriate to other people's posts, and initiate topics myself only if I've got something I particularly want to say.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 09:33:39 AM »
Greetings and salutations all!

Well, we keep trying to get new folks to join in. Maybe they're just voyeurs, not really "A" types who like to get into the mix of things.

Perhaps we can send out communal brain-waves at a given time -- which might be tricky since we're in so many time zones -- and somehow mesmerize them into complying!

By the way, I love the way you use the emoticons at every possible turn, T. So here's my response:

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

That should about say it all, eh?

Have fun.
Chat soon.

B-B-B

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 11:46:34 AM »
Naturally, I'd love it if more people became active in this forum, but we're actually not doing too badly. If you look around, you can see some forums on other game sites that are much less active than ours. (Knowing this made me hesitate before starting the Lexigame forum. A forum looks pretty sad if the latest message is weeks old or all the posts are by the one person.)

In less than 2 months we've had over 200 messages posted by 18 different people, which is not bad.

But if you've been looking at the forum for a while without saying anything - why not contribute the occasional comment? The Chihuahua game has already benefited from suggestions made in the forum, so this is your opportunity to influence the design of the word games on the Lexigame site.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites