Author Topic: Dedicated to Linda  (Read 510000 times)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
Re: Dedicated to Linda
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 11:57:22 PM »
Oh the badness of a woman when she's glad!
And oh the sadness of a woman when she's sad!
But the gladness of her gladness
And the sadness of her sadness
Are nothing to her badness when she's bad!

Think on it maties!  >:D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 12:02:00 AM »
Therapist .... Philosopher .... a woman of mystery, that you are, Linda!

Now you're trying to distract me by making me think! I do know this: you are NOT a simple person.

And I knew the little  >:D >:D would appear shortly!

NEVER A DULL MOMENT!

(I'll keep your softer nature a secret -- just between you and me. We don't want to ruin your reputation, now, do we?)

:angel:

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 12:04:27 AM »
I'd appreciate it if we kept it to ourselves ... it's not like anyone's going to read these private and personal messages, is it?  Even old T bag has deserted us today ... what's going on, it's like the proverbial morgue around here!!!  >:D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 12:09:20 AM »
Yeah, where IS she???

This kind of silence usually happens to me about this time of day.

You must be on a different schedule today ...

Oh, you don't know how I have spent many wasteland hours wandering through the threads ... roaming the desert of desertion ... crying for a voice ... someone ... somewhere ... and then, about the time I'm off to work or whatever, or going to bed, the whole snarky lot pops up and starts getting all energetic and crazy, and by then ... I'm so darned tired or out of pocket that I miss the best stuff!

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 12:14:32 AM »
Well I'm usually at work on Wednesdays but swapped days with a colleague.   Surely T can't still be wetting her knickers laughing about my beautiful satin coathangers?  Sorry to disappoint you but I too must flee for a little while ... phone calls to make, emails to send and carpet to clean (muddy paw prints) ... speak to you later ... have a nice day and don't forget our secret!!! The v. bad Linda xxx  >:D >:D >:D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 12:20:14 AM »
Well, then, GOOOOOOOOO! If you must (I get it!)  >:D!

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

See, I just get NO respect!  >:D >:D (tee-hee)

(be careful of more women with strokes!)  :angel:

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 12:45:57 AM »
Well here i am...No sign of Linda...
Changed me knickers, after laughinfg so much,
.... and i have been welding all day with my secondary school boys. They weren't the acned testosterone injected 16 year olds i thought....they were acned pubescent smelly 13 year olds instead. Hey Ho...the welding went well, and we have just finished spraying the lovely tulips they have made today.
All ready for another batch of the same tomorrow.

Chin up threeb..i'm here for you too....that's what friends are for...
Want to hear a joke.....

Santa goes to see the doctor..
'Doctor, i've got a problem. I've got a mince pie stuck up my bum.'
'Let me have a look!' says the Doc, 'So you have, but don't worry...i've got some cream for that..'

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 12:49:24 AM »
OOPS, sorry Linda....this is your thread...
How are you today my luscious Linda...???
Are all your clothes smelling nice now... :laugh:   :laugh:  :laugh:
Have you stuffed the chocs....???
Bless the old wierdo...it was a lovely thought, and i am surprised you are being so ungrateful   [NOT]....especially as she went to all the trouble of making them herself...  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I need a sewing kit...my sides are splitting!!!

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2007, 12:54:55 AM »
Hiya, T!

What a silly joke! Of course, it WOULD have something to do with a bodily orifice!  >:D

It did make me larf. As you always do. Linda must've passed the baton to you, she just left a while ago ... muttered something about emails and cleaning up dirty paws!

I do feel better today -- after my good boy fixed the ole "Tyre", I finally got to work yesterday, and it went alright, although I still had to make up about 9 hours of writing. That's par for the course, and my editor only snapped at me once. I was the third person that day who'd screwed up his layout page and so ... well, it's like the joke that they post on walls of businesses:

"I only shoot every third salesperson who comes in here -- the second one just left!"

Good to chat with you. I've got about an hour or so before I leave for a short day work -- we stuff the inserts into the papers that go out for a few hours -- it's a completely mindless and enjoyable diversion, 'cause most of the time, our little staff sits around clowning about.

3-B  :angel:

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2007, 01:05:46 AM »
I KNEW IT...I BLOODY NEW IT...I KNEW I WAS RIGHT ABOUT HER....

It explains so much...the bad temper and moods, her ability to sniff out the new chaps...her penchant for scruffy mongrels... It all makes perfect sense now...

Linda has got [muddy] paws.....

She is a b*t*h..... i knew it.....

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 01:10:46 AM »
Now I can tell, you're going to get on her trail! What horrid can of worms have I opened NOW?

Another sparring round in the making! Uh-oh. Won't be long till the whole universe goes crashing down again.

I'm running for cover! 

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 01:14:33 AM »
Hello again threeb,
I am glad that today was better than yesterday...
No 2 days are the same....
I have said before somewhere..that i believe that when things are tough, you have to think to yourself that tomorrow i will not feel the same as i do today.
You may feel worse.... and you may feel much much better...but you will not feel the same.

It mostly works for me.....

I also learnt that when i awaken in the morning, after things have been particularly bad, before i get out of bed, i think to myself..'do i want to have a good day today, or a bad day?' If i decide that a good day is in order..i do my very best to make sure that i do.....regardless.....

There you go..my philosophy to life...[well a bit..]
Keep  :)
 :angel:

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2007, 01:21:03 AM »
Thank you, T(ao) --

Your outlook on life is borne out of experience, I know. I often think like that too. Sometimes after that bad day, if I can muster the will, even before I go to bed, I think that chances are, the next day should be better. Try to put the bad behind me so that good dreams will carry me through the night.

I appreciate your listening!  :angel:

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 01:32:35 AM »
Hello T bag ... missed you (not).  Hope you like my changed profile!!!!   I have been having a perfectly civil and polite conversation with threebee today and then you come along and lower the tone ... I knew you're secretly seething that you haven't got pot pourri coathangers ... I might ask strokey woman to make you some ... they'd mask the smell of your thrixowhatsit paint fumes!  PS I am not a bitch ... ask threebee she thinks I am a wonderful human being, so there!  >:D

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2007, 01:34:34 AM »
LOok -- I'm NOT getting dragged into the middle of this thing.

You know I love you both -- DON'T MAKE ME TAKE SIDES, PLEASE!  :'( :'( :'( It's torture!!!!!!!!!