Author Topic: R_M gets a trophy -- NOT!  (Read 5378 times)

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
R_M gets a trophy -- NOT!
« on: November 28, 2010, 03:48:48 AM »
Alan, I have discovered an interesting after-effect of when you had to delete our word histories in order to restore functionality to Chihuahua last September. I had a couple of random games started for both the Standard and Challenge puzzles. In a moment of idleness I returned to these puzzles today. Naturally I had to start all over again, but the scorekeeping was somewhat schizophrenic. The score kept alternating between my new score and what was probably a combination of my previous score and my new score. The result is that I now have a trophy cup in each of the random games without having found all the words! Since it is fairly unlikely that I will ever get a trophy by honest effort, I am reveling in the moment. ;)
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: R_M gets a trophy -- NOT!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 02:12:25 PM »
Congratulations, RM! Take screenshots!

I noticed a few cases like this shortly after the incident. There was one custom puzzle where the scoreboard shows a player with 131 common words, even though the puzzle has only 88. And she appears to have 2 niners, even though there is only one possible.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

2 tanners

• Logologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 08:21:14 PM »
By the looks of things, you may have gotten one honestly today, though!  :angel:

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 09:24:39 PM »
Thanks, 2T, but I'm afraid not. I can get the rosette fairly frequently, but the trophy cup remains elusive. The trophy cup is reserved for those who get all the common words and all the rarer words. That's not me. In fact, I have yet to reach the Cham level, except for a couple of times in very small puzzles from the Your Puzzles section of the game.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

2 tanners

• Logologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 09:45:45 PM »
Ah the perils of noobiness.  (Note to Alan: 9 letters, although not very common).

Well, congrats on the rosette anyway, I'm still 7 or 8 words away and a yawning gulf in between.

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 07:43:33 PM »
Well done RM.....the elusive scarlett rosette....