Author Topic: Jumbo Chihuahua book is out  (Read 3279 times)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Jumbo Chihuahua book is out
« on: July 23, 2020, 02:51:36 PM »
As discussed in another thread, there is now a book of supersized Chi puzzles, for those who like a puzzle that takes a bit longer.

Each puzzle has from 61 to 120 common words, plus lots of rare words of course.

Most of the previous Chihuahua books have allowed all plurals, because it seemed like the rules applied online would be confusing to some book puzzlers. To minimize the tedium of writing down lots of plurals I've tried to ensure not many of the puzzles in each book included an S. However, for this new Jumbo series, I'm applying the online plural rules, because any puzzle with an S having up to 120 common words would probably have an inordinate number of plurals ending in S.

However I have taken care to exclude any puzzle with words in the solution that might bewilder new players: tongs, dues, etc.

The new book is available to order now from Amazon sites in most countries, though sadly not from Amazon's Australian site. It may take a few weeks for the book to be listed by Amazon Australia and non-Amazon sites.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Never give up just keep on trying
    • View Profile
Re: Jumbo Chihuahua book is out
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 05:03:48 PM »
Gidday Alan & thanks again for helping me to re - register.
When i left you had only just started the '' 7 by many " game so i was just wondering how popular it has become.
I find it very challenging but most enjoyable, hopefully the more that i play it, the better my scores will become.

Cheers Les

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 08:58:46 PM »
You're welcome, Les.

On the website, the 7-by-many puzzle usually has nearly 300 players each day, making it slightly less popular than the 10-letter puzzle - which in turn is less popular than the two 9-letter puzzles. The 7-by-many books have been popular enough for me to release three volumes so far.

You're not the only one who finds it challenging. There are generally a lot fewer rosettes in that puzzle than in any of the others.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Never give up just keep on trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 09:45:39 PM »
Thanks for that Alan, i did suspect that it might have been a bit less popular because it is so bloody difficult but as i said, i do enjoy the challenge so will keep having ago  & you know me, i won't give up until i finally manage to jag a rosette.