Author Topic: Belated hello & welcome  (Read 2040 times)

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Never give up just keep on trying
    • View Profile
Belated hello & welcome
« on: September 14, 2020, 05:19:42 PM »
I was gifted my first home computer in late 2015 which is when i first started playing this game.
I had no idea what i was doing, first time on the internet let alone in an interactive game with people from all over the world.
Thankfully i registered with the forum, it was only due to a lot of very patient assistance from a number of forumites that i was able to learn just a little bit about how to use my new computer & it is only due to their encouragement that i persisted & continued to play the game.
It fascinated me that i was playing & communicating with people from all corners of the globe.
Due to some health issues i de - registered from the game in late 2018 & have only rejoined in recent months.
Anyway the point of this post is to highlight all of the brilliant new players (new players to me at least ) who have joined during my absence.
To name just a few who have registered in 2019 ; Sir Bidoof, Naureen, Garebear, Sam-kerr-no 1, Jancsika & there are numerous others.
My appeal to you all is to update your profile, nothing too personal, just let me know at least which country/city you are in ( especially if your Ozzy & smashing it on the scoreboard, you should be bragging about that) or even better register with the forum as i would love to see some input from you all.

Cheers Les

guiltypleasure

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: Belated hello & welcome
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 07:27:45 PM »
So good to have you back Les!  The game was not the same without you!  I do hope all of your health issues are now resolved.

cheers
Linda aka Guiltypleasure

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 09:55:15 AM »
Thank you so very much Linda.
By the way you are one the guilty players that i'm targeting, who do not reveal their location.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 10:16:16 AM »
Thanks for the welcome Alan and Les.
I'm from the Blue Mountains, in NSW Les - a very nice place to be (when not on fire).  Thanks for your advice re treading lightly.  Perhaps I'll leave the controversy and humour in your capable hands!

Hi Les,

Unless Linda has moved this answers your question.
Regards, Jack

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 10:58:11 AM »
Thanks Jack, so why is it that when i click on guiltypleasure on the scoreboard, it only shows date of registration

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 11:00:11 AM »
Actually Jack, if you had left out the quote, it would have been a very funny reply

guiltypleasure

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 12:19:49 PM »
Ozzyjack, thanks for digging out that old info.  I thought I had mentioned where I came from somewhere in the dim dark past of this forum!  Where are you and the 'Ozzy' crew from?

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 12:39:40 PM »
Hi Linda,

Up until June this year, we came from Mittagong in the Southern Highlands.  Now we are living in Redland Bay in Queensland.  Ozzymandias, our son, lives in Canberra.
Regards, Jack

Valerie

• Word-meister
  • Blue Mountains, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 12:46:06 PM »
Aaaah, so nice to see another blue mountaineer playing the game!  Whereabouts in the BM Linda?  We're on eight acres on the north eastern side of Wentworth Falls overlooking the Grose Valley, Mt Banks, Mt Hay etc.  As you say, a very nice place to be sans fires.  Cheers, Val
I'll sleep in my next life

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2020, 01:41:48 PM »
Thanks Jack, so why is it that when i click on guiltypleasure on the scoreboard, it only shows date of registration

Les, it might be the way you hold your tongue >:D. But probably it is because Linda didn’t fill the information In the details section on Chi.  I was under the impression that this was a matter of choice and not of guilt
Regards, Jack

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2020, 02:36:08 PM »
Of course it's a matter of choice, i only used the term guilt due to Linda's User ID name. (guiltypleasure)
Now Jack, you know how easily distracted i am & how it takes very little to amuse me but i am just fascinated that we are sharing this game with so many diverse people.
There are many players from America, England, Ireland, Scotland, Netherlands, France, New Zealand, South Africa & many other countries not to mention the multitude of players from all parts of Australia.
Actually while playing the current challenge game i noticed that jo4win had finished just in front of me on the scoreboard.
Such an intriguing user name, i clicked on it & was delighted to see that i was actually playing with Giacomo, a gentleman who lives in Rome / Italy & has been registered since 2007.
Absolutely fascinating & bloody well fantastic!

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2020, 02:44:54 PM »
Did you notice Stan's Rosette in yesterdays 7 by many, lock down must be agreeing with him.
Seriously though Stanley, i do hope that you are coping ok.
Is it still the end of October before they start re - opening?

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2020, 02:49:03 PM »
Hi Les 303, I've been off the forum for a while (too much going on around here) but I'm glad to see you back!

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2020, 03:02:37 PM »
Thanks birdy, it's always a pleasure to hear from you.
I will ask you the same question that i was just asking Stanely (aka; yelnats ) as he lives in Victoria where they are dealing with a second wave.
How are you coping with the virus in Brooklyn, are you still dealing with restrictions or lockdowns?

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2020, 03:33:16 PM »
New York went through hell when the virus first spread widely here in March and April - we got infected from people coming from Europe to three major international airports there.  Our governor (his finest hours) made daily television reports, usually an hour or an hour and a half, and between closing down and taking various precautions (e.g. thoroughly cleaning the subways - even shutting them down for 4 hours a night), plus much publicity - most people are wearing masks - we now have an infection rate of under 1%. Schools and most businesses were closed, the restaurants were closed except for takeout and delivery, etc. The rest of the state, which is less densely crowded, opened gradually and by region earlier than here.  Now we are about to open the schools - still very controversial, and I think ill-advised, and indoor dining in restaurants is just coming back, though distancing is required. Earlier, they'd allowed outdoor dining - many of the restaurants put a few tables in the parking spots in front of their buildings.

We still have idiots who won't wear masks, and who insist on getting together in big groups, but it's a lot better.  I'm still being very careful - always wearing a mask, for instance.  I've only been on a bus once, and on the subway (non-rush hour) 3 times since the beginning of March.  I don't have a car, so that means I've stuck pretty close to home.  But it is considerably better, and I hope will stay that way if everyone doesn't get complacent.  But I do expect an increase in cases as school/businesses reopen.