Author Topic: Jumbo Chihuahua?  (Read 3608 times)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Jumbo Chihuahua?
« on: July 01, 2020, 03:36:54 PM »
Some questions for forumites who have used Chihuahua puzzle books.

I'm thinking about the possibility of releasing a new type of book, with larger puzzles - that is, puzzles that have more words to be found. The main series of nine-letter puzzle books has from 41 to 60 common words per puzzle. There are also puzzles with 15 to 25 common words: the Express and Compact series.

This leaves out a lot of possible puzzles with more than 60 common words. Such puzzles would presumably keep the player occupied for longer, which might please some people. (I was going to say it could be handy on a long trip, but it may be that not many people will be going on long trips for some time to come.)

So I'd welcome people's thoughts on the idea of a book of Chi puzzles with, say 61 to 120 common words to be found in each puzzle.

Using such a book, the player might run out of space on the page for writing in their words, but I don't like the idea of providing extra pages for the player's solution, because that would mean fewer puzzles in the book, somewhat defeating the purpose of bigger puzzles. The book could have bigger pages, but people might find that inconvenient. Maybe players will just have to write very small, or use a separate sheet of paper.

Please let me know what you think.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Valerie

• Word-meister
  • Blue Mountains, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Jumbo Chihuahua?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 05:30:32 PM »
Hi Alan.  Are you thinking of an extra book or a replacement book?  I've never been a fan of finding lots of words.  When I play the My Puzzles, I always choose the lowest amount.  Even in the Random puzzles, if the target is more than 40, I tend to choose a new puzzle.  My partner doesn't help me in those puzzles whereas he does with the main ones.  Could be something to do with my short attention span.  Or becoming rapidly bored.  You are aware of my surname so that may give you another reason.  Quick and dirty, that's me.  But, please, don't let me sway your decision.  The books I own have been gifts and I certainly wouldn't be churlish enough not to accept one.  Perhaps a bit of a mix?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 05:32:09 PM by Valerie »
I'll sleep in my next life

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 02:18:02 PM »
No, this would definitely be an extra book - or series if it proved popular. The main series of 9-letter puzzles will continue pretty much the same.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

lna

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 12:49:00 PM »
I'd love to have the option of jumbo puzzles. Using an extra sheet of paper would be no problem.