Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 267627 times)

cmh

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #4380 on: July 13, 2020, 03:03:51 AM »
Hi Penny
the slogan you mention is from what was the Canine Defence League ( I got the Lab I wrote about  from them in around 1985) which is now The Dogs Trust and they do a wonderful job but it is like the little Dutch boy putting his finger in the dyke.
Still not tried the Guinness sausages as I haven't been to Sainsburys  for quite a few weeks. As we are threatened with rain tomorrow I may venture in that direction as I have a day off.

whisky

• Logologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: July 13, 2020, 08:13:31 AM »

My daughter & I watched The Dish yesterday evening Michael & we absolutely loved it.  A real cracking good film.  Zoe's comment at the end was "I'll be watching that again!"  Thanks for reminding me!

It certainly is a 'nice' movie.
Glad you liked it.

If you ever go there to visit, look out for the apple tree.
It is said to be a descendant of the tree under which Sir Isaac Newton sat.
( Trivia ? )

Michael

2dognight

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: July 13, 2020, 05:10:42 PM »
Hi Jack and June

Loved the photos.  The gorgeous mum looks like a pup has bitten her nipple 'ouch'

My daughter and  grandchildren thought they were super and kids all had the idea it would
be great to get Bear a running mate!!!!   Yes Bear is a Border Collie

Carol

Ozzyjack

• Glossologian
  • Southern Highlands, NSW.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: July 13, 2020, 09:21:55 PM »
It has been another long day reading lots of documents that are necessary to exercise due diligence, having discussions with the conveyancer, and playing a board game with the family after dinner.

But culturally the most important thing we did today was to surrender our NSW driver’s licences and replace them with Queensland licences. So, we are now genuine banana-benders.

So I am going to cheat and respond with a joint post to those in the group that have been active for the last couple of days.

Hi Pen, Carol, Christine, Michael, Moyra, Valerie.

Rather than post pictures of the pups for the next eight weeks, I will give you the sources and you can follow them if you wish.
The Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/Taaffeitebordercollies
and the web page is https://teamtaaffeite.com/default.asp

I think you will approve the ethics of the breeder which is encapsulated in the statement “ Each dog is unique and we pride ourselves on matching puppies to their most suitable home. If for whatever reason, it’s not working out (no matter what age!) we will ALWAYS take our puppies/ dogs back. Taaffeite dogs will NOT end up in shelter environments, be passed around (or worse).”

Every time we talk to people about Redland Bay, people say that it is a great place to live.  It is about 20 minutes further away from the family than Wellington Point but it is big enough so that the four of them can stay over the weekend even if Andrew is up from Canberra. 

As soon as we get unpacked and settle in, we expect to join the golf club.  Pound for pound, June is the better golfer.  We both have about the same handicap but I have twice as many pounds. :D

It has been achieved quickly but that is attributable to the work put in by the family here and in Canberra doing all the spadework and lifting a lot of the burden of June and me.

We are very fortunate.
Cheers, Jack

“In victory, you deserve Champagne. In defeat you need it.”  ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: July 13, 2020, 11:12:25 PM »
Hi Jack

It's great that everything is moving along nice & quickly :)  So very pleased for June & yourself.

I couldn't find one Banana-bender or Queensland cartoon.  Most annoying :laugh:  I found a cartoon from the Queensland Times & a naked banana >:D You'll have to make do with this small offering!

I obviously have no idea who the gent swimming in the sea is!  Presume a politician or such like!

I was a bit disappointed to realise that you can't look at Facebook unless you sign in or sign up :(  I will wait to see No1 Daughter at the weekend & get her to sign in for me :)  Love looking at those puppies.

Talking of golf I did find this & it tickled me a bit :)

Clinic's getting busy so I'd better scarper!

Ozzyjack

• Glossologian
  • Southern Highlands, NSW.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: Yesterday at 07:03:42 PM »
Hi Pen,

I was just seeing if I could do a 7-by-many when I saw you on the same spot on the totem pole, so I thought I would do a quick post before I am called for dinner. 

I am sorry you can't see the Facebook page.  if there are any spectacular photos I will post them.  When they get their eyes open and get more mobile, there should be some interesting photos.

I liked your jokes.

Cheers, Jack

“In victory, you deserve Champagne. In defeat you need it.”  ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Valerie

• Word-meister
  • Blue Mountains, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: Yesterday at 07:13:35 PM »
Well done, Jack.  Hope it all goes well.  Make sure the banana benders continue to keep out all those plague-ridden masses from the southern states.  Good luck!  Will definitely check out those FB pages.  Cheers, Val
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:17:01 PM by Valerie »
I'll sleep in my next life

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: Yesterday at 08:00:39 PM »
Hi Jack

I did spot you on the 7-by-many but then I got distracted by a couple of patients & problems & when I got back you'd galloped past me :laugh:

Your wine cartoons tickled me :laugh:  I'm sticking with your theme!

An old farmer went to the local town to see a film. The ticket girl said, "Sir, what is that on your shoulder?"
The old farmer said, "That is my pet rooster, Chuckle. Wherever I go, Chuckle goes."
"I'm sorry, Sir," said the ticket girl, "We can't allow animals in the cinema. Not even a pet chicken."
The old farmer went around the corner and stuffed the chicken down his trousers. He returned to the booth, bought a ticket and entered the cinema. He sat down next to two old A&E nurses named Mildred and Marge.

The movie started and the chicken began to squirm. The old farmer un-zipped his trousers so Chuckle could stick his head out and watch the movie.
"Marge," whispered Mildred.
"What?" said Marge.
"I think the guy next to me is a pervert."
"What makes you think so?" asked Marge.
"He unzipped his pants and he has his thing out," whispered Mildred.
"Well, don't worry about it," said Marge, "At our age it isn't anything we haven't seen before."
"Yes," said Mildred, "But this one's eating my popcorn!"

Leave you with a very silly joke :laugh: