Author Topic: Welcome to the new-look forum  (Read 1037 times)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Welcome to the new-look forum
« on: May 22, 2020, 12:36:32 PM »
Hope you like it. Let me know if there are any problems.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the new-look forum
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 01:34:38 PM »
Hi Alan,

I like the look of it.  I may have struck a problem. at the bottom of your post was a button "link to Calendar".  When I tried to follow it I got the message
"An Error Has Occurred!
You aren't allowed to modify just any post".
Regards, Jack

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 03:24:08 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, Jack.

The purpose of that button is to allow the person who started a topic to link it to a date on the calendar (which you can access from one of the links at the top of the screen). I'm not sure how useful that would be to us. I can imagine a forum for fans of a musical group might have posts about forthcoming gigs, and link these to the calendar.

It would be better if the button were hidden, or at least greyed out, when the user isn't permitted to use that function, but the forum software is not my handiwork.
Alan Walker

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 03:57:42 PM »
Thanks, Alan.  That makes sense. I thought it was an easy shortcut to the calendars rather than going to the top menu.
Regards, Jack

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 01:37:08 PM »
Something forumites might like to use from now on is the "Toggle View" button . This appears when you're typing a post. It allows you to see your post more or less as it will appear, including text formatting, images, smileys, etc. Give it a try.

Also, if you occasionally use a smartphone to check the latest on the forum, you'll now see the forum presented in a more convenient layout, which doesn't require you to either scroll constantly backwards and forwards, or try to read microscopic text, with the page shrunk to fit on the screen. Instead, you'll see something like this:

« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 01:39:00 PM by Alan W »
Alan Walker