Author Topic: Anti-covid face masks  (Read 1996 times)

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-covid face masks
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2020, 04:47:48 AM »
Don't be too impressed by our PM. The government's tardiness in taking the appropriate steps to deal with the virus almost certainly resulted in a few thousand extra deaths and gave us the unwanted distinction of having the highest death rate in Europe and the second highest in the world. Not a record to be proud of, although I do agree that we're better off with Johnson than you are with that thing in the White House.

TRex

• Eulexic
  • ~50 miles from Chicago, in the Corn (maize) Belt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2020, 08:15:55 AM »
I'm not impressed, Pat. I think it reprehensible that the government was ready to just let the virus sweep through the population until it infected virtually everyone (herd immunity). But at least for today, he was talking about using the data and following the science — something our orange moron won't do because he doesn't believe in science, doesn't believe in facts, doesn't believe in expertise. The only thing he goes by is his 'gut' — though I think the real location is nearer his anal sphincters.

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2020, 12:05:35 PM »
One can only hope that once things have started to get back to normal, there will be a full-scale public inquiry into the Government's handling of the whole tragic business.
Why was the NHS so pitifully short of the equipment they needed? Why were the Government so slow to act, apparently taking no notice of what was going on in Spain and Italy? They prevaricated over and over again, refusing even to order the cancellation of upcoming sporting events.

The Opposition parties have so far been very restrained in their criticism of the government's handling of the crisis, understandably so as they do not want to be seen to be unreasonably vindictive, but they will eventually be able to have their say.

I look forward to seeing Sir Keir Starmer wiping the floor with Johnson at some future Prime Minister's Question Time.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 12:07:33 PM by mkenuk »