Author Topic: Change in drop-down menu?  (Read 4333 times)

TRex

• Eulexic
  • ~50 miles from Chicago, in the Corn (maize) Belt
    • View Profile
Change in drop-down menu?
« on: April 09, 2020, 02:59:08 AM »
Unless worsening eyesight and/or dotage are overtaking me faster than I realise, it seems the drop-down menu above the playable words has been given a larger font. Alan, please tell me you enlarged the menu.

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: Change in drop-down menu?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 03:25:47 AM »
I just assumed I had pressed a button on this mysterious thing called a computer with no idea of how to "fix"it" !!!!

Valerie

• Word-meister
  • Blue Mountains, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 09:30:15 AM »
Ha ha.  Me too, cmh! 
I'll sleep in my next life

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 11:43:27 AM »
Yes, TRex, I did change that. I've been finding for some time - maybe forever - that I frequently end up in the wrong puzzle. I've only just got around to doing something about it, and found that it was actually very simple to increase the font size and line spacing in the style sheet. Should have done it years ago.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

TRex

• Eulexic
  • ~50 miles from Chicago, in the Corn (maize) Belt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 12:30:43 PM »
Thanks, Alan. Good to know I'm not deteriorating too badly.

I don't find the difference to make a lot of difference on a desktop PC, but it really makes it easier on a smartphone! Thank you.

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 04:55:07 PM »
Yes, TRex, I did change that. I've been finding for some time - maybe forever - that I frequently end up in the wrong puzzle.

I had that problem too. It would sometimes take me several goes to move from 'Previous' to  'Current'. Good move, Alan.

Calilasseia

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Pass the dissection kit ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 06:51:38 AM »
Saw this a few days ago myself. Looks slightly odd on my laptop, on which I had no problems accessing the original menu with a mouse, but is a huge improvement when playing the game on a tablet. The original menu was troublesome on my tablet, and sometimes refused to switch unless I stabbed at it several times, but the version with the larger font is instantly responsive.

By the way, with the right CSS code, you can make the menu have different fonts on different devices. CSS Media query is your friend in this regard. You can make the font change when the device is a mobile device, change it whether it's in landscape or portrait orientation, and even choose different fonts for different display sizes. Something for Alan to experiment with offline for the next couple of days. :)
Remember: if the world's bees disappear, we become extinct with them ...