Author Topic: Few ideas on the usage of taxi apps  (Read 4482 times)

carol

Few ideas on the usage of taxi apps
« on: March 20, 2020, 11:29:51 PM »
In 2019, a wide range of taxi applications is accessible to help you find your desired location. Such programs are simple to use since you only need to build a starter account. Nonetheless, businesses should use a ranking system for passengers and drivers as it is discovered how to make a taxi booking app. When a passenger gives a driver better scores, the user would usually be preferred, as they need a new trip, such as when the driver is rated high. This will increase the popularity of the app as well. Have you been using taxi apps?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 11:29:17 AM by Alan W »

ensiform

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: Few ideas on the usage of taxi apps
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 09:59:30 AM »
It's amazing how lifelike they can make computer-written ad speech sound these days

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 11:32:52 AM »
Ozzyjack drew this spam post to my attention a few hours ago. I immediately deleted "carol"'s membership, and believed I was thereby deleting her post. Obviously that didn't happen. I'll leave it here now, but I've edited out the link it contained - presumably to some commercial site.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 05:08:38 AM »
Those spammers/scammers are everywhere.

Interestingly, I have noticed that with the pandemic, I am getting fewer spam ads in my email (I still get them from companies I deal with, which I don't mind), and one of my friends said he had received fewer spam phone calls (I still got three yesterday).

Has anyone else noticed a trend like this?

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 07:03:31 AM »
Those spammers/scammers are everywhere.

You're right there Birdy.  I keep getting the same e-mail telling me that my direct debit for my TV licence has failed & I must complete my bank details on a new direct debit form immediately.  It tells me if I don't keep up my payments they will cancel my licence & pass my details to a debt collection agency.  It looks authentic & if I was a bit gullible I might well have filled the form in.  Makes my blood boil >:(
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 09:37:03 PM »
We have had that one quite a few times too Penny and I have lost count of how many tax rebates that HMRC apparently owe me! I suppose it will be a measure of our mental health - as long as we keep sussing these scams out we are still sane!

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 11:48:38 PM »
The latest scam is an email telling you your direct debit for tv licence has failed and you must fill in the attached form to renew it. You are told if you don't you will be breaking the law as you will not have a licence.
It doesn't explain how your email address was obtained by the licencing authority.
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 02:38:36 AM »
I have lost count of how many tax rebates that HMRC apparently owe me! I suppose it will be a measure of our mental health - as long as we keep sussing these scams out we are still sane!

Spot on Christine :laugh:  We'd better make sure we hang on to our marbles for as long as possible! Luckily I've only been offered one refund by HMRC! 
Pen

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 03:20:18 AM »
In the last few minutes I have heard that the shop I work in is closing due to the virus so I suppose it is a shame those tax rebate e mails are a scam!! We hope that we will get the 80% wages that the government announced but of course they may decide to shed people anyway.Hey ho need to keep smiling!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2020, 06:53:18 AM »
I'm so very sorry to hear that Christine.  I hope you get the money that has been promised.  It's not just the money though is it?  If the weather's not great & you can't walk or garden you'll get fed up with being stuck indoors.  Daytime telly is mostly dire.  The libraries are closed so you can't get any more books.  You do have my sympathy. I hope you manage to keep smiling.  On the plus side at least you have Chi :)

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2020, 09:03:12 AM »
I'm so very sorry to hear that Christine.  I hope you get the money that has been promised.  It's not just the money though is it?  If the weather's not great & you can't walk or garden you'll get fed up with being stuck indoors.  Daytime telly is mostly dire.  The libraries are closed so you can't get any more books.  You do have my sympathy. I hope you manage to keep smiling.  On the plus side at least you have Chi :)

Sorry to hear that, Christine. Times are not easy, and I'm afraid it's just beginning.

Our libraries are closed too. Luckily I figured they would, and took out nine books the day before. I have lots (LOTS) of books of my own and I don't mind rereading.  And I have lots of ebooks (almost all free, all mass e-market titles) on my phone and tablet.  Our library also has ebooks for borrowing - maybe I can catch up on some old series. So I will survive.

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2020, 09:19:34 AM »
Thanks for that guys. We only have a teeny tiny garden but of course the dog needs walking and just above our house is a big green area suitable for tennis ball throwing. Luckily the local dog walkers seem to be acting sensibly so far. It is quite difficult to tire out my spaniel so a few trips up the hill each day will pass a fair bit of time. In any case it just has to be put up with and Chi will be a big help.There is, as my Mother would have said "worse trouble at sea"!

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2020, 10:13:37 AM »
The libraries are closed so you can't get any more books.
Our libraries are closed too. Luckily I figured they would, and took out nine books the day before. I have lots (LOTS) of books of my own and I don't mind rereading.  And I have lots of ebooks (almost all free, all mass e-market titles) on my phone and tablet.  Our library also has ebooks for borrowing - maybe I can catch up on some old series. So I will survive.
[/quote]

The perfect time to start catching up with all the classics you promised yourself that one day you would get round to reading.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/ is the perfect place to start. All their ebooks are free and downloading them is both easy and legal.