Author Topic: SACRAMENT wordgame  (Read 620 times)

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
SACRAMENT wordgame
« on: January 21, 2020, 01:04:35 PM »
I'd like to suggest ARMS as a common word - you don't (however much you may be against the trade itself) hear of an ARM trader...
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Re: SACRAMENT wordgame
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 05:32:32 PM »
For what it's worth, I agree, I kept stopping myself from playing the word!
Late blooming azaleas tricked by the warmer weather into flowering

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
Re: SACRAMENT wordgame
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 11:58:09 PM »
I'd like to suggest ARMS as a common word - you don't (however much you may be against the trade itself) hear of an ARM trader...

Perhaps there is such a thing as 'an arm (and a leg) dealer' - somebody who trades in used prosthetic devices!  ;D ;D ;D

However, I think it's the other kind of 'arms' - the things at the side of your body with hands at the end of them - that will prevent this word ever being accepted in Chi.

There is also the third person singular of the verb 'to arm'. (He/She arms the troops, the doors on the aircraft etc)

I don't know if 'arm'  (= 'weapon') is ever used as a singular noun except in compounds such as 'firearm' or 'sidearm'.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 04:03:16 PM by mkenuk »